Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

I agree with him. Jose had gone 2 years without a trophy, i feel like he was feeling the pressure. Now, while he still wants to win, has more leeway and can afford to take more risks, i.e playing youngsters.

In a perfect world my friend yes I could agree with you. To not spend a penny, to bring in kids to spend their entire career as a Blue, retire as a Chelsea legend and to be replaced by yet another of our kids, To be self sufficient would be ideal.

But unfortunately this is not a perfect world - yet - or maybe never will be.

I dont have the faith in starting a kid that doesn't have a hours PL time. It might be ok for 10 minutes on a cold monday night in Stoke but in a top half of the table clash or in Europe it would be crazy. Thats why Mou hasn't done it.

I know its a big Catch 22 that they cant get experience without playing but its a very big gamble to play them and I would rather them take it very slowly or we sign a much more complete player than us not compete at the highest level.

IF we was a mid table club with no hopes of Europe or winning the PL then yes I agree we should experiment and put in loadsa our academy but we are now a product of our achievments.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think traore is like a new signing and going forward he is a much better fit than pedro for the EPL and chelsea. Let's not forget pedro is quite small and will be mostly used against smaller clubs to provide penetration and not in big games therefore we do not really need him since we found several ways of winning small clubs last season.

Mourinho has been looking for a player like traore for the right wing and I think he is happy we have such a player now. You only have to see how much man utd signed memphis depay(£25m?) to really appreciate that we have him. He is younger than depay and was a class act for vitesse a team with less talented players than PSV.

Traore has better attributes than most of the wingers we are linked with. He is very strong, tall, skillful, left footed, scores goals and is quite fast. He is built to specification and I think he can play in the very big games as well such as against mancity because he already plays for his national team (burkina faso). To be honest there are not many wingers or forwards that are this complete, he will be a special player for us for a long time and he is ready to compete. I also think we are really strong with him in the team as below. This is another genius buy from mourinho just like drogba.

-------Ramires----Matic

Traore-----Fabregas----Hazard

---------Costa/Falcao

------Fabregas---Matic

Traore-----Oscar-------Hazard

-------Costa/Falcao

-------Fabregas----Matic

Traore-----Willian-----Hazard

---------Costa/Falcao

WHY NOT??

We should always be trying to win at all costs. Always be trying to improve the squad. We are a long shot from being anywhere near perfect. I just dont understand why so many of us are content with how we are now.

Hi friend!

What I wanted to say is that we do not have the anxiety of last year because we do not carry two years without winning a trophy in the last two seasons. In a team like Chelsea go two years without winning trophies is an eternity.

But not having anxiety or obsession does not mean that we do not have the ambition to win every trophy we can. This year we have the ambition to win five trophies and we will try, but without obsessing or have anxiety because that can hurt us. Only ambition of winning. We are not a desperate team.

Regards.

Hi friend!

What I wanted to say is that we do not have the anxiety of last year because we do not carry two years without winning a trophy in the last two seasons. In a team like Chelsea go two years without winning trophies is an eternity.

But not having anxiety or obsession does not mean that we do not have the ambition to win every trophy we can. This year we have the ambition to win five trophies and we will try, but without obsessing or have anxiety because that can hurt us. Only ambition of winning. We are not a desperate team.

Regards.

I get ya bud - was just playing devils advocate Thumb.png_zpsucdoraaf.gif

I think traore is like a new signing and going forward he is a much better fit than pedro for the EPL and chelsea. Let's not forget pedro is quite small and will be mostly used against smaller clubs to provide penetration and not in big games therefore we do not really need him since we found several ways of winning small clubs last season.

Mourinho has been looking for a player like traore for the right wing and I think he is happy we have such a player now. You only have to see how much man utd signed memphis depay(£25m?) to really appreciate that we have him. He is younger than depay and was a class act for vitesse a team with less talented players than PSV.

Traore has better attributes than most of the wingers we are linked with. He is very strong, tall, skillful, left footed, scores goals and is quite fast. He is built to specification and I think he can play in the very big games as well such as against mancity because he already plays for his national team (burkina faso). To be honest there are not many wingers or forwards that are this complete, he will be a special player for us for a long time and he is ready to compete. I also think we are really strong with him in the team as below. This is another genius buy from mourinho just like drogba.

-------Ramires----Matic

Traore-----Fabregas----Hazard

---------Costa/Falcao

------Fabregas---Matic

Traore-----Oscar-------Hazard

-------Costa/Falcao

-------Fabregas----Matic

Traore-----Willian-----Hazard

---------Costa/Falcao

Mourinho didn't buy Traore... He was unofficially under our books for ages before Jose arrived.

And why is Costa not our number 1 striker? Why is it between him and Falcao for you?

Mourinho didn't buy Traore... He was unofficially under our books for ages before Jose arrived.

And why is Costa not our number 1 striker? Why is it between him and Falcao for you?

Unofficially isn't binding...anyway mourinho gave him his debut and regards him highly or he would be on loan. Costa is undoubtedly first Choice.

Can Bertrand Traoré seize his chance on Chelsea’s pre-season tour?

Link. http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/20/can-bertrand-traore-seize-his-chance-on-chelseas-pre-season-tour-5303174/#ixzz3gSiwLb9G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Jose wants to bet on Traore as right-winger along this season.

For me, I prefer to bet on Traore than sing Pedro Rodriguez.

This year we do not have anxiety / obsession to win trophies like last season and maybe we can bet on the youth to regenerate our team.

Players like Zouma, Ruben Loftus-Cheek (maybe Stones) and Traore can be our surprise for this season, with Cahill (or John Terry), Ramires (maybe Witsel) and Willian as veteran solution for the matches where Jose prefers to bet on veteran players. The season is long and to fight for every trophy we need to use all our squad.

Maybe this preseason is a good time to see how they can or can not play with us.

CKJTe8yWoAAQR6g.jpg

Regards.

At this point I don't think we have a choice. Its clear to me Chelsea want to start integrating youth and recalling loanees. They can't all just be assets for generating revenue because if that continues we won't have an academy and young promising talents won't come to us.

At this point I don't think we have a choice. Its clear to me Chelsea want to start integrating youth and recalling loanees. They can't all just be assets for generating revenue because if that continues we won't have an academy and young promising talents won't come to us.

Hi friend!

I agree with you. I hope that if we do not sign anyone else (or just one or two more signings like Stones or Witsel), at least we bet on the young players.

In fact, I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be important for us from the first minute of the preseason. Jose said that he could be the great signing for 2015-2016. I hope so too.

Zouma .... I think a loan would make no sense. Kurt has to stay with us and be in our starting eleven from the first minute too. And if we sign Stones, then Stones - Zouma must be our Centre-back, with John Terry for the big matches where more experience is needed.

And because the market is crazy, Traore can be a good option for winger-back in a similar role which has Griezmann with Atletico de Madrid. With Willian for big matches if Traore was not yet ready.

Step by step we can go creating a great team with our young players. In fact, I think Jose is aware of this and he knows that if he does not bet on the youth in a season without practically signings, we (the supporters) we could get to be a little disappointed a priori. This year the most exciting It is the youth.

Regards.

Actually I think the whole academy system is going to experience changes and that more and more top level clubs will follow our way of doing things. Most such clubs already recognise loans, or work placements as they would be called in other areas of education, as an important part of the process. That can only grow. Development football has too little to offer young players beyond the U18s. (U19s for Champions' League clubs.)

I used the word education deliberately because academies are just schools and, like all schools, they cannot promise students a job. They cannot even promise that individual students will reach a level to be considered for a job. All they can hope to do is help each student make the most of their talent, help them become the best footballer they can. Like top employers in any walk of life, elite clubs should be in the business of recruiting the best students out of the education process, not running the schools themselves. I believe that over the next 20 years, the way clubs operate will change to reflect this reality.

The club trained requirements will have to go first of course but I believe that authorities will come to accept them for the phenomenal waste of money that they are at elite level and give them the heave ho. Home grown requirements are enough.

Hi friend!

I agree with you. I hope that if we do not sign anyone else (or just one or two more signings like Stones or Witsel), at least we bet on the young players.

In fact, I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be important for us from the first minute of the preseason. Jose said that he could be the great signing for 2015-2016. I hope so too.

Zouma .... I think a loan would make no sense. Kurt has to stay with us and be in our starting eleven from the first minute too. And if we sign Stones, then Stones - Zouma must be our Centre-back, with John Terry for the big matches where more experience is needed.

And because the market is crazy, Traore can be a good option for winger-back in a similar role which has Griezmann with Atletico de Madrid. With Willian for big matches if Traore was not yet ready.

Step by step we can go creating a great team with our young players. In fact, I think Jose is aware of this and he knows that if he does not bet on the youth in a season without practically signings, we (the supporters) we could get to be a little disappointed a priori. This year the most exciting It is the youth.

Regards.

just hope your optimism proves to be accurate. I am slightly doubtful tho .

Hi friend!

Regards.

I agree with most of what you said.

I do hope we sign those 2 lads plus at least a full back for Luis. (Personally I wouldn't stop there but I can't do owt about that I'm afraid.)

Totally agree with you concerning Zouma/Stones (seeing as it doesnt seem my dream of a Zouma/Varane partnership is possible)

I really dont know enough about Traore to give a comment on him. Its a risk using him instead of a more complete player and I would really like to have Griezmann. But the way I see this season its going to be a gamble. If it doesn't pan out I hope we dont panic buy come the winter sales. I hope they just re look at it next summer and spend some money.

We will just have to see how the first couple of months go and hope the lads have a great season.