Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think the whole academy system is going to experience changes and that more and more top level clubs will follow our way of doing things. Most such clubs already recognise loans, or work placements as they would be called in other areas of education, as an important part of the process. That can only grow. Development football has too little to offer young players beyond the U18s. (U19s for Champions' League clubs.)

I used the word education deliberately because academies are just schools and, like all schools, they cannot promise students a job. They cannot even promise that individual students will reach a level to be considered for a job. All they can hope to do is help each student make the most of their talent, help them become the best footballer they can. Like top employers in any walk of life, elite clubs should be in the business of recruiting the best students out of the education process, not running the schools themselves. I believe that over the next 20 years, the way clubs operate will change to reflect this reality.

The club trained requirements will have to go first of course but I believe that authorities will come to accept them for the phenomenal waste of money that they are at elite level and give them the heave ho. Home grown requirements are enough.

Spot on IMO. Have 30 or so academies around the country run independently of clubs and teach the young footballers there. They can teach them far more than to be better at football too; they could teach them how to save their money as a footballers careers are short, teach them how to deal with the press, the pressure of playing for so many thousands of fans, the general do's and don't's of how to be a professional footballer (Sterling could have done with that).

Then when they reach 21, they become free agents and clubs can offer them contracts based on what they've seen during trials. Hopefully the education they receive will make them chase first team football rather than money and whilst the top youngsters may go to City, Chelsea, Utd etc. some of the slightly less talented ones will go to lower level PL teams like Palace, West Brom or Spurs and get first team football there and try and work their way up.

You could even incorporate some kind of draft system, whereby the teams take turns offering a contract to their favoured player of the group at the end of the season in which they have turned 21, then the next club offers one to their favoured player and so on. I really don't know what would be better or if it would work at all but it seems like a sound idea to me. And i'm pretty sure it would be of far more help to young players coming into football than the current system.

Spot on IMO. Have 30 or so academies around the country run independently of clubs and teach the young footballers there. They can teach them far more than to be better at football too; they could teach them how to save their money as a footballers careers are short, teach them how to deal with the press, the pressure of playing for so many thousands of fans, the general do's and don't's of how to be a professional footballer (Sterling could have done with that).

Then when they reach 21, they become free agents and clubs can offer them contracts based on what they've seen during trials. Hopefully the education they receive will make them chase first team football rather than money and whilst the top youngsters may go to City, Chelsea, Utd etc. some of the slightly less talented ones will go to lower level PL teams like Palace, West Brom or Spurs and get first team football there and try and work their way up.

You could even incorporate some kind of draft system, whereby the teams take turns offering a contract to their favoured player of the group at the end of the season in which they have turned 21, then the next club offers one to their favoured player and so on. I really don't know what would be better or if it would work at all but it seems like a sound idea to me. And i'm pretty sure it would be of far more help to young players coming into football than the current system.

As I read your post I was rehearsing a reply to talk about one of the crazier ideas I've ever posted - a draft but I see you're on to that too. I think it would be a brilliant thing that would heighten interest and make money for all concerned. Don't have time now but when I do I'll say more about this in one of the dedicated youth threads.

Bertrand Traore - All Goals 2014-15

Bertrand Traore VS Malaysia XI (Man of the Match)....

Bertrand Traore vs BNI Indonesia All-Stars

Bertrand Traoré - Vitesse Arnheim - All Goals, Skills & Assists 2014/2015

Regards.

As I read your post I was rehearsing a reply to talk about one of the crazier ideas I've ever posted - a draft but I see you're on to that too. I think it would be a brilliant thing that would heighten interest and make money for all concerned. Don't have time now but when I do I'll say more about this in one of the dedicated youth threads.

Tag me in your post when you make it please :). I think it's an interesting idea that has been ridiculed when I've mentioned it before so it'd be interesting to have a debate about the pros and cons of it.

Bertrand Traore - All Goals 2014-15

Bertrand Traore VS Malaysia XI (Man of the Match)....

Bertrand Traore vs BNI Indonesia All-Stars

Bertrand Traoré - Vitesse Arnheim - All Goals, Skills & Assists 2014/2015

Regards.

Traore is such a clean finisher. He is more than ready to contribute next season.

Traore is such a clean finisher. He is more than ready to contribute next season.

Exactly. If he stays in our squad next season, he could be the finisher we've been looking for. He's already among our top five finishers (yes he's as good a finisher as hazard)

Exactly. If he stays in our squad next season, he could be the finisher we've been looking for. He's already among our top five finishers (yes he's as good a finisher as hazard)

He's better at finishing (or maybe more clinical?) than Hazard, that's for sure.

He's better at finishing (or maybe more clinical?) than Hazard, that's for sure.

I was just thinking that too - Hazard could learn a thing or two about finishing from Traore. Whisper it quietly but so too can most of our forwards and midfielders bar Fabregas... and Mikel.

meh....

He started off at right wing than switch to left. After he switch to left outside of those 2 counter plays, I didn't see him much. He took two long shots outside the box that were never going in.

This guy has kind of aura in him that make us think he's good, wether that's his name or the fact he's from Burkina Faso.

But to tell you the truth, he's not good, at all. I followed him at Vitesse (yes i did follow him) and he never impressed me even if he scored 2 goals in a match. He's body movement is lanky and unconvincing af. I know he's still young, but he doesn't have world beater potential, trust me. Even Mikel, Moses, and Gervinho are better than him at his age