Official: Carvalho moves to Real Madrid

DavidEU

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye and Good luck... On pure footballing ability, I had rate him more than our own JT. He was THAT good. Sad to see him go but probably the right time too. A huge boost for Bruma to be the 4th choice CB at such a young age !!!

Am I the only one thinking Riccy was moved on to make space for Ozil ?!?! For one of the 17 foreign players quota ?~?whistling.gif

Goodbye and Good luck... On pure footballing ability, I had rate him more than our own JT. He was THAT good. Sad to see him go but probably the right time too. A huge boost for Bruma to be the 4th choice CB at such a young age !!!

Am I the only one thinking Riccy was moved on to make space for Ozil ?!?! For one of the 17 foreign players quota ?~?whistling.gif

more likely as a deal to keep jose away from ashley ...

conspiracy theories are fun ..????

Actually it does make sense !!! though i struggle to see wer he wd fit in our 4-3-3, he is a nice option to our attack .. well that discussion is for another thread :)

A big thanks to Riccy for his wonderful 5 yrs and a not so bad 6th yr tophat.gif

Takes a big, big man to fill those boots, has been imperious.

Luckily we have Alex and Ivanovich to step up to the plate, and possibly Bruma. I also wouldnt rule out a signing.

Makes me laugh -Ricardo has given away a hundred penalties, and hidden them from the refs over the years :) Against Barca as a prime example, springs to mind...

A good price for him as he is getting older now. What a great buy he really was i will miss him alot, a seirously top defender! During the Mourinho days when our defence was really good him and JT had a great partnership. Im sure alot of people are split over who is/was better out of him and Terry but they are both rocks. I thought he would of moved last season so this does not really come as a surprise take care Riccy mate blue%20scalf.gif

Sad to see him leave, but this creates a great opportunity for Bruma and Mancienne to break into the first team. I really hope that one of them can do it. A few years ago we would have signed a replacement, but these days it's obvious that Chelsea want to reduce their spending and I don't blame them.

Noooo

Wish he'd stay. Didn't expect Riccy leaving us, would hurt like this cry.gif.

Absolutely loved him and without a doubt the best CB the PL has seen in the last ten years. Carvalho in his prime was better than Terry if you ask me.

Thank you for the great service and the memories. Good luck and goodbye ! Hopefully we'll meet again.

True Legend !

A good price for him as he is getting older now. What a great buy he really was i will miss him alot, a seirously top defender! During the Mourinho days when our defence was really good him and JT had a great partnership. Im sure alot of people are split over who is/was better out of him and Terry but they are both rocks. I thought he would of moved last season so this does not really come as a surprise take care Riccy mate blue%20scalf.gif

Cech

Ferreira - Carvalho - Terry - Gallas

Makelele

Our back six was incredible.

Thank you Riccy for a great service, and i hope the best for him in the la liga. A great player he was for us for the six years he has been with us, and i am proud to have seen such a great defender play in a Chelsea shirt.

But now we have to look for the future. I think we will either try to use Hutchinson in that role with injuries to Alex and Ivanovich or Bruma is going to get some more playing time then we had hoped before. I think that with Riccy going Ferreira is going to stay, either for until he will retire or for one more season.

Either way, it looks good for the defenders of the youth team can have a chance to make a bigger mark onto the team. And, so i say again, thank you Riccy for possibly one of the best defensive partnerships in the last two decades.