The Double side effects

Guest THE BEAST

Guest THE BEAST

the double glory in season 2009-2010 was the greatest we ever acheived winning the EPL and the FA cup was a great deal and it was even greater last season because we all believed that this was the max. of what we could get .

we had a very shaky season we were not consistent but we were more consistent than other EPl sides that is why we won . last season a lot of people were dicussing major changes and that chelsea are going through a very tough phase of aged players and that abrahimovic will have to invest heavily this summer if chelsea to remain a major threat in europe .

then we had a great run in coincided a bad run for opponents like rooney's injury for man utd which helped us a lot also van persie's and fabergas absence for arsenal anyway we as well had our fair share of injuries but

unfortunately the 8 goals against wigan and the 7 against astonvilla have apparently blinded carlo from the fact that our offense was useless and harmless against a real defense like intemilan or even in the old trafold when man u missed their main CB vidic and ferdinand ..... a lot of people now can't see the fact that we has no player who can make things happen in those kind of matches and i think the reason is the double glory ...

if u think that kalou anelka Drogba malouda and benayoun are enough to get the goals u need then u are wrong because the fact is if we were not to win the league from man utd while they lost their main goal threats (ronaldo and teves ) then we shouldn't even be called a big team ...... i mean for god sake even though they had a lot of problems we only won in the last fixture after going though very rough situations where they had the lead ....

and in the UCL we didn't even look close to winning in ou own home against mourinho who made us look really bad ...

and instead of getting the additions that we need we have lost ballack joe cole belleti and deco may be even carvahlo they all were vital last year for our big glory specially ballack deco and carvahlo and we didn't even replace them ...

i will not so optimistic about next season if we don't get at least a couple of good players hopefully ramies luiz and aguero but that looks like it's never gonna happen so may someone please tell me what the hell are we doing

i mean i trust carlo and all his stuff as well as roman and his stuff but this doesn't look very promising

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No punctuation, couldn't read.

Lay off, you can understand it fine.

But a very harsh article none the less. There's a common misconception that if players are older than they're not that good, well I think we well and truly proved that was inaccurate last season. We're not THAT old that you need to start panicking and being all pessimistic about next season, we still have a fresh side that is more than capable of defending our victories from last season. It's true we do need some young additions to our squad and I'm sure Ancelotti is aware of this and doing something about it. There's no need to be pessimistic about next season because across the other teams, except Manchester City, they're more or less the same as last.

On one hand I can se your point nd I would agree that our attack could be improved upon, in particular I think at times it looks a little slow and perhaps age has something to do with that so in one respect you are correct.

However you have gone completely overboard. You list Man Utd and Arsenal's injury woes but Chelsea were missing starting right back Jose Bosingwa for practically the whole season, our best all round midfielder Michael Essien missed the entire second half of the season, our star man Drogba was away for a month on ACON duty and also played the last month or so with a groin injury, our starting centre back Carvalho was regularly missing during the season, our first choice left back was gone for 3 months. Man Utd and Arsenal weren't the only ones with injury problems.

Also you say you dont think Drogba is good enough to get the goals we need? The man is the top scorer in the Premier League and unlike Rooney who did it against the likes of Hull but faltered when it came to the big boys, Drogba scvored against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd, not to mention the winning goal in the FA Cup final. Why cant he have another top class season? To say he, Malouda and Anelka cant score the goals required despite playing a huge part in us scoring a record amount of goals last season is nothing short of bizzare and quite poorly timed.

Guest THE BEAST

i am not saying that Drogba is not good enough . i know that we have lamps Drogba and malouda who are three of the best in their positions , we also have anelka but all of them are functional players that can be easily blocked and will not find enough solutions when teams close you down properly like what inter milan did .

also i know that we might have the best team in the epl but i expect man utd to be a lot better after nani started to look something like c.ronaldo and that mexican hernandez can be a pain in the ass as well so don't underestimate them . however i was discussing our chances in the UCL against the likes of inter , real and barca u can see that they are ahead of us right now

a lot of times our team looked too slow and no player was there to come up with something creative and different . i am just saying we will be much much better with a quicker CB like david luiz , with a more energeic CM like ramires or shweinstiger and with a tricky winger or a SS like aguero or neymar .

having those kind of players we will be the greatest team of all and we won't be worried about our aged players because we will have other options .

and about our youngsters i think if we are in a good position in the league having a comfortable lead they will get more chances than if we are leading by goal difference like last year .

Brilliant article! Clearly a lot of thought gone into it.

We are clearly not pursuing any players to cover the positions indicated and I can't remember the club saying the youth are going to play a big part next season. Also I'm sure the transfer window closes in 2 or 3 days!

I think you have definitely spoken every Chelsea fans mind. Bravo!

:rolleyes:

Well not mine.

Just to refresh your mind guys, we were first for 19 rounds in a row until Blackburn game at Ewood Park. Yes there were some problems in February.

We do need some refreshments but nothing radical, i would say two players max.

Well not mine.

Just to refresh your mind guys, we were first for 19 rounds in a row until Blackburn game at Ewood Park. Yes there were some problems in February.

We do need some refreshments but nothing radical, i would say two players max.

We Hate Scouse was being sarcastic ...

seems the negative vibes have started early this year ...why not wait until we fail in two successive games //..

with regards to age I think Anelka is actually improving like Sherringham did ,,,rarely wastes a ball ..looks up and passes to a blue..

there should be chances for the youngsters to come through ...All in all Im optimistic ,,,The CL may not be possible but on the domestic

front we look fine ....would love back to back triples

btw ..in the PL last year I believe we scored 103 goals ....not enough for the Beast it seems

Well, the Ramires deal is pretty much wrapped up... Glad to see that its 16.8m pounds only... That is pretty much the right price if you ask me.. I just hope it isn't the only business we do like the previous 2 seasons (Zhirkov for 16m and Boss for 16m)

Keep 'em coming, Carlo !!

Guest THE BEAST

u people have just proved my point by referring to the 103 tally goals we have scored and that we are more than good enough with what we have .

if that is he case why were u all crying for us to get aguero ???????????????

i hate it when people are just trying to look supportive and optimistic while they know for sure they are talking shit .

but guess what...... if we don't get ramires , luiz and neymar or aguero we will suck in the UCL and we will have some fucking hard time in the EPl and the likes of kakuta will not get their chances as well .

You're insinuating that we're not after any players when we quite clearly are. You also imply that there is rushed need to get these players, when there isn't at all. It's just pure tosh what you've written.

Edited by we hate scouse

u people have just proved my point by referring to the 103 tally goals we have scored and that we are more than good enough with what we have .

if that is he case why were u all crying for us to get aguero ???????????????

i hate it when people are just trying to look supportive and optimistic while they know for sure they are talking shit .

but guess what...... if we don't get ramires , luiz and neymar or aguero we will suck in the UCL and we will have some fucking hard time in the EPl and the likes of kakuta will not get their chances as well .

I wish I could understand what you are really trying to say ..Just how many new signings should we make and who will lose their starting places.

Of course we are trying to buy but we must trust the board and Carlo ...not get hysterical