Highlights of the season...

What your personal highlights from the season just gone by? On or off the pitch, whatever, just the great times you had.

So many to choose from and seeing the cups go up go without saying but for me it has to be Man Utd and Liverpool away.

I was lucky enough to be at both and they were completely mental, honestly I'll never forget them as long as I live.

Man Utd - great atmosphere from the away end, absolute carnage when we scored I nearly passed out. Then the agonising 10 minutes when it was 2-1 followed by the euphoria of the full time whistle. There was also the best celery I've ever heard, didn't really come out on tv but anyone else who was there will surely back me up on that, so many memorable moments that day I could be here all night. Then the journey back to Euston with the train full of grumpy cockney reds. No noise from the Norwich boys, fantastic.

Liverpool - Sh**ting a brick before hand. Again brilliant support, again absolute madness at the goals, particularly the second. From then on it was party mode, songs for every player followed by Carlo give us a wave - which he did. We all stayed behind about 10 minutes after FT singing were gonna win the league, like Man Utd so many magic moments theres no way I could write them all down.

Edited by middleoftheshed

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester 2 x 2 Chelsea - Community Shield Final

Ok, just a friendly but in that game I realized that Chelsea could retain the Premier League this season. We played really well.

Chelsea 2 x 1 Hull City

I always believed that Ancelotti ternure had to start with a win...a drawn with Hull at home, would be a huge blow for the new boss, and for squad´s confidence. For most part of the game I thought Carlos was the new Scolati rather than the new special one. Drogba´s weird goal saved that day.

Chelsea 7 x 1 Aston Villa

I never thoght I was going to see Chelsea scoring 7 goals in one single game.

Chelsea 2 x 4 Manchester City

When I was sure we would lose the league.

Manchester 1 x 2 Chelsea

When we won the EPL.

Chelsea 7 x 0 Stoke

After we lost to Spurs, we send this message: we are the best team and will do it.

Chelsea 8 x 0 Wigan

Chelsea playing the "sex football" that Abramovich awalys wanted to see when he arrived.

Chelsea 1 x 0 Pompey

A nice game, we made the double, Didier scored a "golaço" and we played for the first time with the best kit ever.

I think for most people it will be the United and Liverpool games. I'm no different.

I watched the United game in my local which is a major Chelsea pub. It was heaving and there was only about 5 or 6 United fans brave enough to come in there and watch. One of them being my mate. lol! I remember when Dider scored the whole place went looney. I was jumped on by two people i didn't know and we just went mad together. Brilliant day. Hardly spoke to my mate on the way home. He was gutted. LMAO.

The Liverpool game i watched at home with my dad. Wasn't as much atmosphere but still a magic moment when the two goals went in. Lost in when Lamps scored. Thats when i knew the title was ours.

Ill also add the Victory parade to this. This was the day that it finally sunk in that we had done the double. I was at the front standing on a security barrier screaming CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES, OLE, OLE, OLE!!! So close to Didier, Lamps and JT screaming it back. Essien even waved at me. Ha. But when they came by on that bus with the League title and FA Cup, it hit me. We had done it. The next 10 minutes were magic moments singing with the players. Hopefully ill be back there next year.

For me it has been such an amazing season having never supported a football team before, starting with me watching the FA Cup Final last May in a pub and then making the decision ro become a Chelsea supporter. One thing led to another and before I knew it i'd been on a tour of SB and bought myself a membership.

As to the games I have to start with with the Community Shield August last year which was my first game for seeing the boys in action, and ending with watching them lift the PL trophy, and the FA Cup, and not forgetting the youth team lifting the FA Youth Cup. So many memories which I will never forget, including our demolition of Stoke, Villa, Sunderland and Wigan all at home. Then of course our victories against Manure, (home, away and at Wembley for the Community Shield), Liverpool (home and away), L'arse (home and away). We've had our diasppointments to, but I think every club has their fair share of diasppointments. Going to Milan was great, OK we didn't get the right result, but it was good to experience a Euro Away Game.

1. Our fans singing during the final minutes of the City game at The Bridge was great. Proper support, through good times and the bad.

2. The season opening game against Hull, with Drogba's injury-time winner! It already felt like we lost the game at that moment, while we were the far superior side the whole game. So sweet.

3. Lampard missing two penalty kicks these season. It wasn't something i blamed him for (still has an amazing track record), but i was really surprised to see him miss a penalty kick. Not a big positive or negative (although the penalty miss against City was bad timing), but still something remarkable for me.

4. To see 4 academy players make their debut (Kakuta, Bruma, Van Aanholt and Borini).

5. Ofcourse our 100% record against the big-4 :D.

Blueray makes some nice points, I was also at the Community shield game and got to see the Wigan game but not the Fa Cup Final

I went to many games this season, never saw us lose actually lol. lucky me eh?

Key points though were the City losses, the unbeaten run at the start, both legs vs the traditional top 4 sides.

The game against Inter, Blackburn and then Aston Villa is where we took the league by the neck imo, Pompey game before that was also great because it was away and we fought to win.

The progression of the youth team and the breakthroughs into the first team we had

When we beat Fulham was the moment that got us back on track. After one win in seven, the confidence came back when Sturridge's deflected winner went in off of Smalling. Massive result, and the rest is history.

Drogba's freekick against Arsenal at the Emirates is probably my favourite moment of the season, the goal and the celebration just said so much about the man.

Drogba vs. Athletico Madrid was also a big moment.

Lampard's second goal against Liverpool really hit home just how close the Premier League was to being ours again.

Drogba's first against Wigan, he clearly wanted it so much and it meant so much to him to win the Golden Boot.

Drogba's FA Cup final freekick, watching the game with my 2 brothers (Man Utd fans) and friends (Man Utd fans). Hit the woodwork an incredible 5 times in the first half and it looked like it wasn't going to be our day, we conceded the penalty and I was suddenly mobbed with ridicule, Cech saved the penalty and I was relieved and then Drogba struck an awesome freekick to clinch it just two minutes after the penalty and then it was my turn to ridicule.

The 7 goals game, and the 8 against Wigan of course. Fa Cup Final... of course. By my absolute highlight of the season was the away support at Old Trafford. The noise the Chelsea fans made during that game made me SO fucking proud to be a Blue. blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif

Many many many..

1)Winning the Community Shield on penalties!!!Was there that day and when Evra missed hahahah!..shame we had to go back to loosing the next shoot out but hey ho.Was all good :D

2)Doing the double over the top 4..Espically the last games at the end of the season.Gerrard oh thank you so so much :D...But OT,Anfield we aint won there for years!!

3)Like said closing stages of Man City game.Considering we were loosing more people seemed to sing then usual! 'top of the league and having a laugh' :D.First time saw us loose at home..and only game we lost at home..bloody City!Hey ho.

4)Winning the league!! After so many doubts,after Blackburn etc,and again after Spurs.People looked at the fixtures and wrote us pretty much off 'oh they'll slip' we proved them wrong!Did what we needed to do and bloody great day!! East Stand lively!!!

5)Victory Parade..god knows how they didnt fall off the bus though!But the whole singing :D loved it.

6)Winning the FA Cup again :D and the beamback that was mad!

7)JT scoring against Burnley..after all that drama..had to be him that scored