Ballack Or Lampard?

Gate 16

Just seen this thread again, thought might be a good time to revive?

with Ballacks recent form at the end of last season and the amount of midfielders we now have, there will surely not be enough room for Lampard and Ballack?

also with the Lampard-Inter Saga has anyone's views changed on this matter?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Ballack playing last season and his little dig at Drogba and Lampard put him even further up in my estimation. Do we want a player who seems to be doing everything he can NOT to commit to the club or would a player who's made it very clear he'd be proud to spend his last two years in football be better for morale?

I agree, I do like Ballack's attitude very much. Ballack is a big ego - but he is also a very good professional and his importance to the team was clear last season. I think with Deco at the club, it will do nothing but raise Ballack's game even more - he had a very disappointing season last year, finishing second in four competitions for both club and country, and that alone should spur his own personal performances to improve.

I've got nothing but respect for Ballack, He's impressed me a lot since last year.

Lampard is still a legend to me at least we've got the best out of him it's not the end of the world if he leaves now at this age.

I think Ballack is the superior player. Sure he can get a little bitchy at times, but most of the time he completely dominates play in the midfield. That being said Lamps is a great player that shouldn't be benched the whole year. I'd love to see a four man midfield; whether thats in a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2.

Bosingwa, JT, Riccy, Cole

Essien

Deco, Lampard

Ballack

Dogba, Schevenko/Anelka/whoever

having the choice between players like Ballack and Lamps is a pretty decent situation i think....

both are great central midfielder,both might be a aggresive and creative cm with Deco next to them.

don´t forget that Deco might be a sub and that Ballack and Lamps were a deadly partnership last season (one of the few things made me happy last season seeing Ballack like that) , just think of the match in the PL against Manu, or in CL agaisnt Liverpool.

Scolari knows how to handle with topsquads,where every position can be filled out of a pool with 5 great players (the Brasilian squad etc)

You want Frank to leave? I wouldn't mind if we had another player who could get 20 goals a season, we rely on Drogba enough with Lampard in the team!

Nah we could play anelka up front with drogba instead of the wing, he will get 20 goals and leave the pens to ballack.

Spoilt for choice in the middle, which is great. Hope I'm not tempting fate (touches wood) but have a sneaky feeling that Drogs is on his way out and if we played Anelka and either Kalou or Malouda up front it could prove to be tactical genius. Let's take Tyler's lineup above for example.

The back four is solid, and we have great cover on the bench. Have a four man midfield of Essien, Deco, Ballack and Lamps, with Essien effectively sweeping behind the other three. That would be awesome, Essien picking up the scraps, Deco working his magic and Lampard & Ballack creating killer final balls or going for goal themselves. Plenty of flair in there, and attacking options.

None of those four are particularly good for hugging the touchline but, in Anelka and Kalou for example we have two strikers that can easily pull out wide and then allow Lampard and Ballack to take up central positions (along with who upfront hasn't pulled out wide) in the box, with Deco on hand to pick up any clearances. One word, Formidable!!

As much as I love Drogs, if the above is the plan, which me and several others really hope it is, then I would rather see him go over Frank any day of the week.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Foolish to let Frank go but if he goes he goes. he doesnt owe us anything. we have other players but can they guarentee 20 odd goals a season?? I have nothing but respect for Frank and tbh all I would want to do is for him to stay the last yr of his contract. Yeh I know we could get money for him but I'd rather have him honour his contract.