Ballack Or Lampard?

Gate 16

Lampard. Pretty simple. We havent had Ballack in our team for ages and he hasnt exactly been missed. Lampard on the other hand is. He is the driving force of our midfield. When he isnt there he is sorely missed. Even though Ballack had an exceptional game V Fulham we still missed Lamps and that was blatant. Even we he has a below par game he still contributes to the game by making good passes or setting players up for goals.

Say Ballack played the next 30 games and then got injured, would we not miss him?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he played WELL for the next 30 games and then got injured, we would miss him. But if he played instead of Lampard, we would be missing Lampard. In the end, it's what do we want our midfield to do. Mikel, Essien, Ballack and Lampard are all important in my opinion, but we can only play 3 of them.

Not in my opinion

Fairplay, personally I think if ANY player who played centre midfield for a long period of games on the trot and then were suddenly taken out the team they would be missed, or it would at least feel strange or different without them.

Ballack is the new spirit,the new era for Chelsea.Lampard is the legend and he made so much for the team,but it's time for a new leader.

Did you see how different players were under his command???

When was the last game we haven't received any yellow card???

Chelsea boss Avram Grant is looking to pair Michael Ballack with Frank Lampard in the Blues' midfield when the England star returns from injury.

The duo failed to gel when playing together last season before the German was sidelined with an ankle problem.

Ballack will enjoy an extended run in the side as Lampard continues his rehabilitation from the thigh injury suffered against Aston Villa on Boxing Day.

When Lampard returns, Grant must decide how best to use the duo in tandem as the Chelsea boss is determined to successfully use both players in the same midfield.

"I like intelligent footballers. Football has become more tactical and physical," he said.

"You need intelligent players because of that. Michael is an intelligent player and I like him. He is important for us.

Captain

"He can't be at his best over three games in such a short time back after being out for eight months.

"Ballack is one of our leaders - all his life he has been a captain, including of the national team.

"I want him to play when everyone is fit, not just when guys are injured.

"Michael can do many things on the pitch - score and provide assists. He's a hard worker and this is important for us."

Sky Sports

BLUD MAN HAZ BEEN LERKIN ROUND DIS SITE FOR ARF HOUR and I SEE LIL INBREDS LIKE you GUNNING OVA MAN DOWN ON THE SLY BLUD WHAT WUD you DO IF MAN PUT A GAT TO YOUR EAR NEXT TIME your CAUGHT SLIPPING?

YOU AINT GOT THE 1ST CLUE ABOWT WHAT PPL LIKE US AVE TO GO THROUGH INNIT

BALLACK IZ BY FAR THE BETTER PLAY - IT ALL STARTED WEN IZ ANSESTERS STARTED GASSING BEN-HAIMS... you KNEW E WAS GONNA BE A STAR :thumbsup:

I cant take you anywhere can I.

Guest Lampards Bitch

what the hell is all this poxy gangsta "Iz it tho fuckin' bust a cap is yo ass" talk all about????

I cant even make out what the hell your on about? And talking about the Holocaust in that manor is pretty damn insensitive.

I will answer this question after i have seen ballack play 20 games this season.

Yesterday i was on a wind up mission so that does not count laugh out loud. Even though some of my points were valid

like lampard is no were to be seen in the big games.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Alot of people say that but he certainly does make a difference. You can see it when he isnt playing. Of course he has had a load of quiet games but he still does a job. I think if he doesnt score he isnt playing well to some people and thats bullshit. Frank has excellent vision. The amount of times he takes one look up and flights the ball in to another Chelsea players path is brilliant. He knows what the opposition players are gunna do before they do in a way!

I will answer this question after i have seen ballack play 20 games this season.

Yesterday i was on a wind up mission so that does not count laugh out loud. Even though some of my points were valid

like lampard is no were to be seen in the big games.

What is your defination of a "big game"? Just to point out, As far as I see, Lampard's performances against Barcelona in UCL in last 4 years have been good. He set up Drogba for the Goal in Last season's FA Cup Final. What else do you want? a Hattrick by him in UCL Finals? Would that help you/