Milan

Yes but Hart and Friedel are proven performers who are on view week in, week out.

On the other hand, has anyone actually watched Begovic play?

I'd rather call back Delac who's doing nothing but warming the bench at Vitesse than splash money on another unproven player.

Yes i have seen him plenty of times and he is a brilliant shot stopper !

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people who watched us struggle to beat Portsmouth 2-1 at home last season saw him... he was man of the match and only a Frank penalty won us that game.

:goodpost: well said mate. Begovic is a good keeper... i have high hopes for Delac, i'd like to see him recalled and given a chance... it won't happen as maybe the club thinks he needs a tad more experience first.

If Arsenal go for him there is a 99% chance he'll go there - simply because he'll be first choice, simple as that. The fact of the matter is he'd be number two to the Premier League's second-best goalkeeper at Chelsea, much like he is number two to another of the league's best in Sorenson.

IMO Delac is not in our squad only because Hilario's contract hasn't expired yet.

The reason Delac isn't in our squad is because he is too young. It is much more beneficial to Chelsea to have him playing in the Dutch league for a season or 2 before coming into our squad to push Cech. Rhys Taylor also doing well on loan at Crewe, and Sam Walker is a top prospect too....

If Arsenal go for him there is a 99% chance he'll go there - simply because he'll be first choice, simple as that.

I fail to see how Begovic would be first choice ahead of Almunia, and a supposedly "in-form" Fabianski

at least Arsenal have two relatively good goalkeepers... who do we have?? Cech, and a couple of keepers who are shite at making decisions.

• 3 months later...

Delac is irrelevant for the next 5 years or so. As it is, he warms the bench for Vitesse.

yeah, he has only played three games (always as a substitue) in Eredivisie... It's a shame... We should loan him somewhere else.

Has Begovic actually done anything since August? Sure he might be a great back-up but after Turnbull I'm a concerned about our ability to track keepers. Once bitten, twice shy.

Well, he's already made 15 appearances for them this season. I think he's being given more and more chances to convince him to shun away from us.

Getting a backup keeper is a pretty tough thing imo. If you buy a great GK then it's a shame that he warms the bench. If you grow a young keeper then he's prone to mistakes and you can easily lose a match because of some little mistake. Having an old keeper is pretty alright since he's experienced but he's days are coming to a close and he wants to play more.

Damn I'm glad we have Cech :getin:

• 1 year later...

Asmir Begovic

Asmir+Begovic+Chelsea+v+Stoke+City+Premier+nSAmuZWSyh-l.jpg

Position: GK

Nationality: Bosnia-Herzegovina

Current Club: Stoke City

http://www.transferm...eler_33873.html

--

This is also a wishlist player of mine. The current Bosnian national team number 1. He's developed into Stoke's first choice keeper. Rumors are surfacing we'll be signing him to replace Turnbull and possibly groom him to be our future number one goalkeeper to replace Cech:

http://chelsea.vital...le.asp?a=529886

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You