Milan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about this one! I feel he's on the same wavelength as Ross Turnbull. Everyone thought he was a decent keeper for Middlesbrough, but when he joined us he just wasn't good enough.

I agree with WHS, we can do a whole lot better!!

Always thought Turnbull was average at best to be honest.

Yes he will, he was training in England for three years before the age of 21, so he counts as a homegrown player as what club he was at doesn't matter as long as it is in England.

Isn't the rule, the player has to train with the same CLUB to be counted as homegrown?

Isn't the rule, the player has to train with the same CLUB to be counted as homegrown?

A home grown player, is someone who has been in England/Wales for three years before his 21st birthday I think, so Terry and Mancienne in this case would both qualify as home-grown players because they played at Chelsea before they reached 21.

I think it's a nice way to improve the youth system. It gives young players a chance in the side. One reason it might not be a decent idea however, is the fact that there won't be as many world stars in the league, and the popularity worldwide might drop!

Tony Pulis has revealed that Chelsea made contact over a move for Asmir Begovic but Stoke have no intention of selling.

Ross Turnbull and Hilario have provided the back-up to Petr Cech since Carlo Ancelotti took charge at Stamford Bridge but the Blues manager now appears to be looking for another goalkeeper.

Potters boss Pulis says Begovic had attracted their interest, just a few months after making the move to the Britannia Stadium from Portsmouth.

Begovic struggled to dislodge Thomas Sorensen from between the posts during the second half of last season but is still highly regarded.

Pulis insists Begovic will not be going anywhere as Stoke are looking to strengthen their squad rather than allow key men to leave.

Speaking about Chelsea, Pulis told The Sentinel: "They have enquired, but they have been told he is not for sale.

"We are trying to bring players in, not let our better players go."

|| SkySports ||

"Chelsea target Asmir Begovic will push to leave Stoke City - if Tony Pulis does not make him his number one keeper.

The Potters shot-stopper is wanted by the double winners who have offered £4million for him just months after he joined Stoke from Portsmouth.

Begovic played at Stamford Bridge - and lost seven goals - in one of his rare appearances at the end of last season, but the Bosnian-born star is still seen by Chelsea as a future number one for them.

Stoke have ruled out the move so far, but Begovic will not settle for being second in line behind Denmark World Cup keeper Thomas Sorensen and will try to get to Chelsea if he is just a reserve at the Britannia.

Begovic would be willing to fight for a place with Petr Cech, knowing he would make more glamour appearances at Chelsea as cover than he would get as second string at Stoke.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis faces a tough decision on the keepers this weekend after bringing in Begovic as a long-term capture and then standing by Sorensen."

Source

No direct quotes, and i've no idea where the £4m figure came from, but interesting all the same.

Trade Turnbull + 2 mill, then we haven't lost anything.

Turnbull = Homegrown = trade over = Begovic = Homegrown

2 Mill = 23 = Investment into a quality player.

And then sell Hilario and we would get some money back from him and then Delac will join and take the 3rd keeper role and play in the reserves rotating with Walker throughout the season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You