Internazionale vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spotted detective.

:rolleyes:

I really am pissed right now, should have gotten more from this game..We were the better side, but lacked the finish. Why wasnt Joe Cole introduced? And Why take Kalou off? He was one of our better players, think Anelka was toooo quiet..

Mikel and Ivanovic were excellent. Our defending looked hesitant all throughout the game. I hate to beat a dead horse but without Essien our midfield has no legs in it , everything is too slow , nobody is getting around the pitch , what I wouldnt have given to see Essien play tonight. The service to Drogba was poor , Anelka in this Christmas tree formation suffers. Kalou has the incredible ability to frustrate any Chelsea fan. Could have done with a left back ( Cole or Zhirkov ) bombing into their box. I thought Ballack and Lampard were quite poor.

All of that being said , we got an away goal , it will be difficult at the Bridge , Inter were a threat going forward , our defending was poor when they got men forward but if we can get Michael Essien back into midfield then I would be confident of victory.

If we hadn't of started Kalou or Kalou wasn't so selfish in the first half we could have had two or even three goals by the end of the half, but no. He had to become the 'saviour', Sturridge played well for the game time he had aswell as Ivano we need to score two goals in the second leg imo

I thought kalou better than nic ,,, we only need a 1 0 win ....thought malouda did an excellent fill in job

at lb K T F

:rolleyes:

I really am pissed right now, should have gotten more from this game..We were the better side, but lacked the finish. Why wasnt Joe Cole introduced? And Why take Kalou off? He was one of our better players, think Anelka was toooo quiet..

Joe Cole has lacked playing time and the San Siro isn't the type of place he's going to make an impact.

Kalou was dreadful bar the goal, he seemd to take a heavy touch, and when the defender got infront of him he fouled him.

Ballack and Lampard were poor tonight, Mikel did alright, Terry was poor and Ivanovic was immense, Great performance from him.

We had more possesion but Inter looked more dangerous and had the better chances.

2-1 away at the San Siro to Inter is a very good result in fairness. We all know we should have gotten an even better result from the game (definite penalty, Drogba hitting the bar etc.), but we have three weeks to recover - Essien and Yuri should be back by then. For an injury-hit side away in an intimidating atmosphere, we did well. The away goal is absolutely crucial. The boys did well, but as I said earlier, the injury to Cech's terrible news. It'll either be a minor tweak or tear of a muscle, which will be 4-6 weeks out, or cruciate damage, which is 4-6 months.

Defintly have a good chance..we defend like that however could be screwed! But hey least we got the away goal and didnt end 3-1..could've been 2-2 but you know ref did pretty good all game until it came to that and then fucked it up!We could see it,studio people could see it he was just doing a Wenger

So many chances just werent happening for us and Inter just seemed to be everywhere.

And hope Cechs ok and a case of looks worse then it is but tbh Hilaro (touch wood anyway) has proved himself lately that he can do it so not all bad.

Edited by Laylabelle

being knocked out at this stage is unacceptable.

carlo needs to be thinking about this 24/7, going over the tactics like a mad man.

No its not, We're playing a top class side with a top class manager, There would be no difference if we lost to Inter in the Second Round or the Semi final.

No, again, he doesn't. Because if he does, The players will have no instructions for the city game or every other game we play until the return leg.

Can't wait for the second leg now. I feel very confident we can beat them at the Bridge. 2-1 isn't a bad result. The performance wasn't great but we played okay in a hostile environment. Inter played well and Mourinho got his tactics spot on. The only frustrating things are the Cech injury and the penalty. BUT there's still a lot of potential for us to score two or three at home.

I thought kalou better than nic ,,, we only need a 1 0 win ....thought malouda did an excellent fill in job

at lb K T F

Anleka played more of a holding role for lampard and kalou and ivano IMO which helped. Malouda was weak at LB at some points which made me have to run back and fool the inter player. Kalou was completely marked by the defence and couldn't break through, and when he was given an oppertunity to pass he didn't. One pass especially, where Lampard ran into the box and Kalou was with the ball, instead of a through pass he decided to shoot wide. Another one also was one at the left wing where he could have passed it to malouda but tried and failed to take on Maicon.

If he had chosen to pass the ball then maybe we could get a player who could cross the ball in to meet Drogba's and/or lampard's head to meet the back of the net. I just hope Carlo decides not to use him in the next game.