Another Wasted Season Ahead?

Term-X

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. I thought the thread was being sarcastic.

I could understand the sentiment from a person who'd 'supported' since 2005....

coming from someone who knows him.. i can safely say that isnt true.

kinda silly making such a claim on the internet in perspective lol

our owner gives us the right to have a big club mentality.. just my opinion

coming from someone who knows him.. i can safely say that isnt true.

kinda silly making such a claim on the internet in perspective lol

our owner gives us the right to have a big club mentality.. just my opinion

Having a big club mentality does not give us the right to assume we are going win every game we play in though..

Things happen, and for a number of different reasons we have lost the last 2 games. We are still having a very good season and are looking very strong, top of the league, top of our champions league group with a game to spare.... Hell if we don't win the league again this year will we say thats it for Ancelotti? I would certainly hope not!

I do believe its still a bit early to be so cynical, but at the same you do have a valid point. Yes we have finish top of our group in the Champions League and yes we are still two points clear at the top of the league. I think the point you are making is complacency. Typically Utd only get stronger from christmas and the lead we do have is only slim. Still I feel there is no need to panic but it does highlight that we might not be as invincible as first thought, but nontheless I still reckon we have played better football than any other side so far this season without maybe hitting top gear. I do believe that we should take Sundays loss as a kick up the arse and perhaps step it up a little. Perhaps now Carlo will think a bit harder about strengthening the squad come new years with a few new signings.

I can see where Term X is coming from.

Last season, month November after sweaping aside all sides and conceding on 6 goals in the league we lost to Burnley on penalties in CC. Next we lose to Arsenal at home 2-1 with first goals being a Djourou own goal. And after that we had a terrible 2 months.

This season, month December. after sweaping aside most of the sides and conceding 8 goals in the league we lost to Blackburn away in CC. Next we lost to Man City away 2-1 with first being Adebayor own goal. And I hope the similarities end here. And I am not counting my chickens yet.

I am a bit concerned by the form shown by Ballack and Deco against Blackburn and Man City. Hopefully they can up their form as the season is not even half finsihed yet.

I can see where Term X is coming from.

Last season, month November after sweaping aside all sides and conceding on 6 goals in the league we lost to Burnley on penalties in CC. Next we lose to Arsenal at home 2-1 with first goals being a Djourou own goal. And after that we had a terrible 2 months.

This season, month December. after sweaping aside most of the sides and conceding 8 goals in the league we lost to Blackburn away in CC. Next we lost to Man City away 2-1 with first being Adebayor own goal. And I hope the similarities end here. And I am not counting my chickens yet.

I am a bit concerned by the form shown by Ballack and Deco against Blackburn and Man City. Hopefully they can up their form as the season is not even half finsihed yet.

I really, really hope so, too.

The ONLY game that was of any importance was the City game. Against Blackburn Carlo took a chance to rest key players at the expense of the competition least important to us, it backfired. Last night against Apoel had nothing riding on it and the players played as if that was the case. The city game was the only one where we have truly let ourselves down because we underperformed in a big match...

Talk about bottling it...

You have the strongest squad in the league and are top of the league, in posting this thread, you must be assuming that Chelsea will continue to drop points while Utd will maintain a winning streak, not gonna happen as United aren't good enough.

Welcome to the forum james.

You are correct at the moment we do have the strongest squad in the league and i cant see why we would continue to drop points. Lets get a win over everton this weekend and hopefully have another winning steak. How do you think use will go against assanal this weekend?

There is a possibility that Ancellotti has been brought in specifically to get the prize that has eluded Abramovich up to now, but to suggest the season is wasted is not true if there is no silverware.

It would be a disappointment, but ''maybe next season'' is the mantra of fans of 95% of Worldwide clubs.

This means the wins are soooooo much sweeter for those clubs, and why the defeats are such a a let down for the fans of the top 5% of clubs....especially if they have only joined during the glory years...

What i find strange is that we are top of the league and still have a wasted season.... the only team who look capable of mounting a serious challenge is Man Utd who are 2 points behind us with an almost similar record so far this season, drawing 1 game at home where we have won all of ours, yet somehow they are more likely to overturn our lead than we are to hold onto it! On what basis?

Like i have said, the CC game against Blackburn Ancelotti decided to play a weak team in favour of resting players for the most important competitions, it didn't work out that we could still go through but the descision was made.

Last nights game was a pointless game with nothing at stake. Apoel were up for it and managed to sneak a draw out of us.

The City game we just didn't do enough to win, it is the only game of the 3 which really hurt us.

In all of those games there were circumstances that could have lead us to win had things happened differently, had Kalou not got injured would we have won with 11 men - Probably. Had Frank put away his penalty and the ref picked up the handball for their first or not given the foul for their second would we have won - probably. Had Mikel not slipped up at the end would we have won - of course.

Is there REALLY anything to worry about at the moment. Yes it is not a good situation to be in not winning in 3 games but taken in context we are still looking very good for this season.

If we dont win anything this season wont be to dissapointed..be pissed off with the good start and all but long as we dont suddenly say 'let Carlo go' be ok..time to build.And we won the Community Shield and on pens!! So defo counts for somethin

But we need to forget about past results and look forward,stop worrying about Citr thats gone.Focus on Everton,and go from there etc

But tbh no team is doing amazing so far (touch wood anyway) we've lost 3,Man U have lost 3 and Arsenal have lost 3?And its Decemeber so a bit ooo errr

There is a possibility that Ancellotti has been brought in specifically to get the prize that has eluded Abramovich up to now, but to suggest the season is wasted is not true if there is no silverware.

It would be a disappointment, but ''maybe next season'' is the mantra of fans of 95% of Worldwide clubs.

This means the wins are soooooo much sweeter for those clubs, and why the defeats are such a a let down for the fans of the top 5% of clubs....especially if they have only joined during the glory years...

lmao at the "those clubs" ...Chelsea are the 5% like it or not, sooner you realize this the better.

fans evolve due to circumstance, mentality's change along with expectations.

Yeah because its hard to realise Chelsea are one of the top clubs when you've only been seeing them since 1967 and later languishing at the bottom of Div 2.

No you're right, the 40 000 odd at SB should all realise that the seasons wasted and boooo accordingly.clown.gif

What i find strange is that we are top of the league and still have a wasted season.... the only team who look capable of mounting a serious challenge is Man Utd who are 2 points behind us with an almost similar record so far this season, drawing 1 game at home where we have won all of ours, yet somehow they are more likely to overturn our lead than we are to hold onto it! On what basis?

Like i have said, the CC game against Blackburn Ancelotti decided to play a weak team in favour of resting players for the most important competitions, it didn't work out that we could still go through but the descision was made.

Last nights game was a pointless game with nothing at stake. Apoel were up for it and managed to sneak a draw out of us.

The City game we just didn't do enough to win, it is the only game of the 3 which really hurt us.

In all of those games there were circumstances that could have lead us to win had things happened differently, had Kalou not got injured would we have won with 11 men - Probably. Had Frank put away his penalty and the ref picked up the handball for their first or not given the foul for their second would we have won - probably. Had Mikel not slipped up at the end would we have won - of course.

Is there REALLY anything to worry about at the moment. Yes it is not a good situation to be in not winning in 3 games but taken in context we are still looking very good for this season.

No theres nothing to get all 'we're doomed' about. Agree with that. Carlo played some youngsters against Apoel which is what the majority of fans wanted. If it had been Yernited or the Bindippers getting a draw in their last game , finishing top of the group, nothing would have been said by the media. The Black bum game was Carling Cup and decided on one kick ultimately -again not full a strength game.

The Citeh game they raised their game, were more up for it and had players willing to take on defenders. This is a game where I may dare to say Ancelotti fucked up a bit, not playing Cole behind the strikers. Deco is adequate but he can lose the ball quite easily. There has to be allowances for this defeat though by the richest club in the world with jurisdiction administred by a card happy cunt of a ref ...

Yeah because its hard to realise Chelsea are one of the top clubs when you've only been seeing them since 1967 and later languishing at the bottom of Div 2.

No you're right, the 40 000 odd at SB should all realise that the seasons wasted and boooo accordingly.clown.gif

:rolleyes: imbecile

yes and you used to wear nappies and crawl all over the floor, things change.