Carlo Cudicini rushed to hospital

Steve

Tottenham goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini rushed to hospital with 'possibly life-changing' injuries after motorbike smash

Spurs goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken pelvis after a road smash.

TheItalian stopper suffered what police have described as 'possiblylife-changing' injuries after crashing his BMW motorbike in Walthamstowin east London.

Cudicini was rushed to hospital after a collision with a Fiesta carat around 10.30am this morning. Ambulance crews arrived on the sceneand an air-ambulance also flew in, although the latter was not used.

'A36-year-old male suffered injuries described as possibly life-changingand was taken to an East London hospital for further assessment andtreatment,' said a police spokesperson.

An eyewitness immediately recognised Cudicini as he lay on the roadside as crowds gathered.

The female driver and a child passenger walked away from the car -which was described as a 'write off' - and did not need hospitaltreatment.

Aspokesperson for Tottenham, who could not confirm the extent of hisinjuries or whether he was driving the motorbike, said: 'We can confirmCarlo Cudicini was involved in a road accident this morning.

'Theclub doctor is with him at hospital where we await the result of scansand tests. When more is known and things are made clear, a statementwill be made through the club's website.'

Cudicini, 36, signed from London rivals Chelsea in January this yearbut has made just 11 appearances with the White Hart Lane club.

Hehas failed to dislodge first-choice Heurelho Gomes from the side andwas linked with a summer swap deal involving Portsmouth veteran DavidJames.

Hemade his name at Chelsea joining the club from Castel Di Sangro in1999, initially on loan before signing a permanent deal. He was firstchoice for four seasons at Stamford Bridge until the arrival of PetrCech.

Source: Daily Mail

Carlo i hope your ok, my prayers are with you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cudicini suffers "life-changing" road accident

380_Image_Carlo_Cudicini.jpg

Carlo suffered injuries to both his wrists and his pelvis in the accident

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has suffered "potentially life-changing injuries" in a motorbike accident in east London, police said.

He was taken to hospital after his BMW bike was involved in a collision with a car in Walthamstow at about 1030 GMT.

He has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis but a spokesman for the north London club said they were still waiting for hospital test results.

The Italian, 36, signed from London rivals Chelsea in January this year.

The female driver and a child passenger walked away from the Ford Fiesta Cudicini was in collision with and did not need hospital treatment.

The accident happened on Forest Road.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "A 36-year-old male suffered injuries described by the London Ambulance Service as possibly life-changing and was taken to an east London hospital for further assessment and treatment.

"No arrests have been made."

A statement on Tottenham's website said: "Carlo Cudicini has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis after being involved in a road accident this morning.

"The 36-year-old Italian goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital and undergone scans under the supervision of club medical staff.

"The club will update supporters on Carlo as soon as there is any further information."

Cudicini was signed by manager Harry Redknapp on a free transfer and has made eight appearances standing in for the injured Heurelho Gomes.

He spent almost 10 years at the west London club after spells at AC Milan and Lazio.

His father Fabio was AC Milan's goalkeeper in the 1960s.

-------------------------------------------------

Source:- BBC NEWS

-------------------------------------------------

Fucking Hell!! I would seriously be unhappy if his career was to end like this! Shocking piece of news!! I hope he recovers and he can play again :(

In collision with a Fiesta Carat ?

Amazed that the Yids have him sign a contract where hes allowed to ride motorbikes. Idiots.

Yeah i though that too...

Unusual as well for an injury to be described as "life-changing".... don't know if i would read too much into that at the moment to be honest.

Could well mean that he won't be back playing anymore which is a real shame. Also a real shame for him the move to spurs never worked out for him or improved his situation.

From the spurs website

Carlo Cudicini has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis after being involved in a road accident this morning.

The 36-year-old Italian goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital andundergone scans under the supervision of club medical staff.

The Club will update supporters on Carlo as soon as there is any further information.

The only one who is glad to see he got his after moving to the YIDS to be back up keeper as opposed to ours. Any other club i wouldn't have minded, Arsenal, West Ham, Man Utd/Shitty, well maybe Liverpool too but that's just because i fucking hate scousers.

I hope he recovers and all but i'm kinda glad he got some divine punishment for swapping back up here for there. Even if he had gone knowing he woulda been no1 for sure then i wouldn't be glad his wrists are fucked. As it is i kinda hope there's complications and they end up needind amputation if not then just perma-casts.