Posted: Fri 26 Oct 2012

Author: Fraser Nicholson

twitter

facebook

email

print

Sam Hutchinson

Image by: NFFC

Sean O’Driscoll has revealed Nottingham Forest are working closely with Chelsea to bring an end to Sam Hutchinson’s injury lay-off.

The 23 year old defender, who is on loan with The Reds from Chelsea, has missed Forest’s last six games with a knee problem and won’t figure in tomorrow’s game against Barnsley at Oakwell (kick-off 3pm).

Hutchinson spent yesterday back at Stamford Bridge and was accompanied by Forest’s Head Physio Andrew Balderston.

And boss O’Driscoll said: “We’ve had a chat with Chelsea to see where we are and how long both parties think this is going to last.

“We think we’ll get a decision today on what is the way forward for Sam.

“It’s a strange one because it’s not the knee that was causing us concern when we first signed him.

“That has been fine, well managed and we’ve had no problems with it.

“They have injected his other knee and it has reacted really badly and what Chelsea thought would be two days has ended up being two or three weeks and not really looking like it’s going to resolve itself any time in the future.

“That’s why the conversation between the two clubs and the player, because he’s the most important part in all of this, have been taking place.

“He’s desperate to stay; we’d like to keep him but we need bodies on the pitch.”

Hutchinson has been joined on the sidelines by Daniel Ayala, who sustained a hamstring problem against Blackpool on Tuesday.

O’Driscoll added: “Daniel, worst case scenario, will be out for two to three weeks or 10 days in the best case.

Either way I think he’s going to miss two or three games.”

Like Hutchinson and Ayala, Adlene Guedioura will miss the Barnsley game as he completes a two-match suspension.

It’s a strange one because it’s not the knee that was causing us concern when we first signed him.

Sean O’Driscoll

I feel sorry for the kid but obviously it was a major concern when he came back in to the game. Hes got a slim chance of playing regular football, Chelsea know it and he probably knew that as well.. just hope that injury isn't too serious like the other ones hes suffered so he can get another crack at it.

Nottingham Forest are happy to confirm they have no intention of cutting short Sam Hutchinson's loan spell from Chelsea.

The talented full back has not played since sustaining a knee injury in September but is well on the road to making a full recovery.

There had been suggestions he may return to Chelsea ahead of schedule but The Reds have ruled out that course of action.

Director of Recruitment and Scouting Keith Burt said: "We are pleased with Sam's rehabilitation and believe his return to full fitness will be a matter of weeks rather than months.

"Sam has already shown our supporyers that he is a player of enormous talent and we believe we can offer him the perfect stage to fulfill his vast potential.

"Our owner Fawaz Al Hasawi is committed to providing the best medical care to all of our players."

http://nottinghamfor...ate-477378.aspx

It's on WAGNH too.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/11/9/3622310/sam-hutchinson-will-remain-at-nottingham-forest-chelsea-fc

Even if he just a super-sub for the rest of his Chelsea career, I'd still like him here. At this moment in time, I'd trust him over Luiz. Anyway if Ledley King can do it for so many years, I think Hutchinson can.

It's on WAGNH too.

http://www.weaintgot...rest-chelsea-fc

Even if he just a super-sub for the rest of his Chelsea career, I'd still like him here. At this moment in time, I'd trust him over Luiz. Anyway if Ledley King can do it for so many years, I think Hutchinson can.

I wouldn't trust him over Luiz.

I think he can take over Paulo's position on the bench for the rest of his career. Give him the odd cup game and a few sub appearances, it's not like he'll be a starter for Chelsea unless both Brana and Azpi get injured/suspended at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Forest are inching closer to having a fully fit squad as they head towards the Christmas and New Year period, with Jermaine Jenas and Sam Hutchinson having taken significant steps forward in their rehabilitation programmes after calf and knee injuries respectively.

ODriscoll explained: JJ and Sam are back on the grass and it looks as though we might at some point get a full squad for what is a busy period.

That would be the first time and if we can do that we will have genuine competition for places which will hopefully raise the quality.

Looks like he will be back soon hope he stays fit!

Forest are inching closer to having a fully fit squad as they head towards the Christmas and New Year period, with Jermaine Jenas and Sam Hutchinson having taken significant steps forward in their rehabilitation programmes after calf and knee injuries respectively.

ODriscoll explained: JJ and Sam are back on the grass and it looks as though we might at some point get a full squad for what is a busy period.

That would be the first time and if we can do that we will have genuine competition for places which will hopefully raise the quality.

Looks like he will be back soon hope he stays fit!

Thanks for that update & I hope to see Hutch. I have access to watch Championship matches ;)