One thing I think will stop Chelsea from winning the league

the wes

If  thats the case, I suppose Anelka will be dropped for a stronger&physical player? I mean Burnley definitely will be physical against the strikers. Maybe Drogba will do well against them but Anelka??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day we got the 3 points and that all that matters. I think atm this rotation is working well and he might as well stick to it. We are 3 games into the season and have started very well. When we are into the bigger game Carlo will know what player will need to be played. He is the coach and we must trust in him. We are not the ones watching the players train day in and day out. For all we know essien may not of been training well mid week and Mikel earned his Position.

The day we will lose will be the day we are outplayed and outclassed by our opponents. This will happen sooner rather than later, and its our response to such set backs - like United losing at Burnley and Liverpool losing at Tottenham, before thrashing their opponents in their next match - that will define our season.

United's depth in the squad is the reason why they've won 3 straight premier league titles. If Carlo knows how to use it properly, it can be very effective. Also, Mikel played very well, Essien got a game off, and we won the game with ease. Win win situation.

If thats the case, I suppose Anelka will be dropped for a stronger&physical player? I mean Burnley definitely will be physical against the strikers. Maybe Drogba will do well against them but Anelka??

Anelka will be fine..Do you expect Sturridge or Sheva to be more "physical" than Nico? Drogba usually leads the line of attack anyway with Anelka behind/around him.

We have great squad that can be rotate anytime....everyone should get a chanse expecially against teams like Burnly or Fuhlam and our stars will play in bigger matches.....

and then you still have a good spirit in the team!

What the hell is this thread for, we are rotating and we are winning games. I think you are pointing to the fact that rafa has tried it in the past and failed. The difference between us doing it and rafa doing it is massive. We have a squad of players that are that good that key players like essien can have a rest. .

Agree with that. To me the one thing that could stop the title coming to SW 6 is injuries.

The rotation -or changing a couple of players every game makes sense. If Cole or whoever is injured a seasoned player who has played recent league games is required ....

I just don't see an issue here....

We have a large squad of top quality players, quite a few of those players are near or over 30. Carlo and more importantly Bruno Demechelis have a tried and tested way of keeping players in tip top condition, to do this from time to time players will need to be rested and other players given playing time.

I think the way Carlo has switched the squad and the formations has been perfect, complete dominance in all 3 games so far and 9 points.

Ancelotti is not rotating players for the sake or rotation, there is a method to it and it is one that could well win us the title..

I just don't see an issue here....

We have a large squad of top quality players, quite a few of those players are near or over 30. Carlo and more importantly Bruno Demechelis have a tried and tested way of keeping players in tip top condition, to do this from time to time players will need to be rested and other players given playing time.

I think the way Carlo has switched the squad and the formations has been perfect, complete dominance in all 3 games so far and 9 points.

Ancelotti is not rotating players for the sake or rotation, there is a method to it and it is one that could well win us the title..

i hope you are right m8 because it would nice to win the title again................

i hope you are right m8 because it would nice to win the title again................

Absolutely, and Ancelotti is not mug. But when you have Mikel, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Zhirkov, J.Cole, Deco fighting out for 4 midfield spots then you can afford to rotate and keep players fresh, replacing one for another does not weaken the team in the slightest, also you can see that he wants to use certain players for certain types of games and situations.

Rotation is fine, it's not like he's going to be having Turnball starting every fortnight is it.

I'm glad we're doing it and games are getting spread around the squad, I was frustrated with Hiddink always using the same team and I understand why he had to do it but still :-/

If ypou've got it, flaunt it.

We've got one of the strongest midfield in european football.

Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Mikel, Deco, Malouda, Khirkov, Joe Cole and I suppose you could throw Belletti in there at a push. ATM those I've highlighted would probably be our prefered starters, but once Zhirkov and Joe Cole are fit, I expect two of those to drop out depending on the game. We've so much diversity we can afford to chop and change.

I'll admit I was wary of this daimond formation, but its been working so far and as its early in the season we can only get better. If its not broke, dont fix it.

If ypou've got it, flaunt it.

We've got one of the strongest midfield in european football.

Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Mikel, Deco, Malouda, Khirkov, Joe Cole and I suppose you could throw Belletti in there at a push. ATM those I've highlighted would probably be our prefered starters, but once Zhirkov and Joe Cole are fit, I expect two of those to drop out depending on the game. We've so much diversity we can afford to chop and change.

I'll admit I was wary of this daimond formation, but its been working so far and as its early in the season we can only get better. If its not broke, dont fix it.

fuck me i forgot about Belletti :doh:

The thing with the rotation; I still think Ancelotti is trying to find his "perfect" midfield. Lampard is a guaranteed starter, for me its a case of who will start alongside him, and who will partner Didier up top that Carlo is trying to find out. On current evidence, it has to be Anelka as the second striker, with Ballack somewhere in the midfield as well.

This thread is pointless in my opinion. At the moment rotation is working, were playing well and winning matches so i dont get why some people are making an issue out of it. if we start losing matches then we can question ancellotti's method but atm it doesnt seem to be doing us any harm