One thing I think will stop Chelsea from winning the league

the wes

The disadvantage of not having a settled team is the lack of coordination. Be it between the midfield,the two strikers or the two centre backs.

When you keep playing with the same team it runs like a well oiled machine, when u keep chopping and changing, it will struggle when games start coming thick and fast, like the champions league games, carling cup games in the midweek.

All seems well now cus its only been 3 games against some low quality opposition playing once a week.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker Nicolas Anelka insists he is so happy at Chelsea that he wants to sign a new long-term contract with the club.

Anelka also made it clear he was happy with coach Carlo Ancelotti's rotation policy after helping Chelsea to a 2-0 victory over west London neighbours Fulham.

The striker returned to the starting line-up against the Cottagers after being relegated to the bench for the side's 3-1 win over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

article-1208705-0628921F000005DC-248_468x309.jpg Happy striker: Anelka says he has no problems with Ancelotti's rotation system

Anelka and strike partner Didier Drogba both made goals for each other as the Blues achieved three wins out of three under their new Italian coach.

But despite their success against Fulham, Anelka will not be stamping his feet should Ancelotti decide to leave him out against Burnley next Saturday and the striker is so settled that he is already looking to sign a new contract.

When asked it he was surprised to be on the bench against Sunderland after helping Chelsea win their opening fixture 2-1 against Hull, Anelka replied: 'No, the manager said sometimes he will rest some people, so I rested.

'In the week some people rested and we won, and against Fulham some people rested and we won. That's important because it's a long season and we need everybody in the squad.

'The most important thing is to win with Chelsea. Of course everyone wants to play

article-1208705-06288385000005DC-155_306x409.jpg Deadly duo: Anelka and Drogba have already scored four goals between them this season

every game, but the manager said in some games he will change the players and get some people to rest and we have to accept it.'

Anelka is also hoping to put pen to paper on a new contract extension with the Blues.

The striker's future had been the subject of feverish speculation during the summer but the France international has clear plans to stay at Stamford Bridge.

'I'm really glad to play and score goals for Chelsea and I hope I will be here for many more seasons,' said Anelka.

'I want to be here, I like to play with big players and I like to try to win everything. I would be pleased to sign for many years. We will see what happens.'

Anelka's partnership with Drogba is also flourishing and the Frenchman warned the rest of the defenders in the Premier League that it is likely to get even better.

'We want to play together and we are just happy to be on the pitch together,' said Anelka.

'I want him to score and he wants me to score. I think we showed that against Fulham. When I get the ball I try to look for him, and when he's got the ball he tries and looks for me, so it's easier to score goals with that.

'But the more time we spend on the pitch playing together then the understanding gets better, and I think we will score more goals.'

DailyMail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208705/Nicolas-Anelka-happy-rotation-striker-hopes-Chelsea-years-

come.html#ixzz0P7lQYVRC

looks like Anelka is happy with rotation policy..............................

The disadvantage of not having a settled team is the lack of coordination. Be it between the midfield,the two strikers or the two centre backs.

When you keep playing with the same team it runs like a well oiled machine, when u keep chopping and changing, it will struggle when games start coming thick and fast, like the champions league games, carling cup games in the midweek.

All seems well now cus its only been 3 games against some low quality opposition playing once a week.

well, we are keeping the same players through the field in Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba

low quality opposition? fulham are a good team now and it wasn't once a week...sunderland on tues was followed by fulham on sunday :).

I don't think it runs like a well oiled machine....Scolari barely changed things, look how that turned out...and to bring it to extremes Hiddink didnt change much and it worked in the short term too as it did with scolari so for now we're ok wit it, I think carlo's a capable manager and will make changes when necessary

This time last season we were complaing about LFS' tactics when defending corners and free kicks. Zonal marking, no one on the posts etc...

If I'm honest, I cant see anything wrong with the current set up. Other than going behind a few times, but thats a minor blip. We're putting games beyond doubt and winning comfortably. The big test imo will be against Spurs in a few weeks time and Liverpool a fortnight later. If we get past those 2 games and are sitting top I'll be more than chuffed.

The goals we have conceded have been highly fortunate for the opposition... kind ricochets for Hull and Sunderland, a mistake by Cech and an offside Rooney goal against United. I'm happy with how sound the defence, looks in all honesty - the most important factor is that we are winning games, and have scored seven goals in just three games, which shows we are taking our chances. I really can't ask for anything more than that.

The goals we have conceded have been highly fortunate for the opposition... kind ricochets for Hull and Sunderland, a mistake by Cech and an offside Rooney goal against United. I'm happy with how sound the defence, looks in all honesty - the most important factor is that we are winning games, and have scored seven goals in just three games, which shows we are taking our chances. I really can't ask for anything more than that.

Yup, a pretty much perfect start to the season so far. We havn't done much wrong and have looked like we can do very well indeed this season. Obviously it is early days but there is just a good vibe i am getting from the team and Ancelotti at the moment and i hope it stays that way.