A Different Drogba ?

Watching the game today I noticed that I was witnessing the lesser spotted Drogba, last seen several seasons ago terrorising defences up and down the country.

I know its only one game, but today he looked like he was completely focused. There wasnt any sign of his "balance deficiency" he's been plagued by in the past. It wasnt his most vintage of games, but on that performance alone I'm very optimistic about the season ahead. When he's on his game here are few who can touch him.

Keep it up big man. :thumbsup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did and hopfully to keep it up.Today anyway to go down and get back up rather then rolling about for about 2 mins..

And yeh he did seem more focused and on the ball and hopefully he can keep it up and not suddenly fall out with Anceloti which tends to dip his performance a lot

Edited by Laylabelle

I think drogba didnt have a good game at all today but his attuide was brilliant! he was totally different. he didnt rolls over when he used to, he got back up and its the first game so hopefully he will come abit more shaper and score the easy ones :)

Nice cross / shot :)

I think drogba didnt have a good game at all today but his attuide was brilliant! he was totally different. he didnt rolls over when he used to, he got back up and its the first game so hopefully he will come abit more shaper and score the easy ones :)

Nice cross / shot :)

He commented after the game that it was a cross..... :541:

He really does look different this season... but, he had a great pre-season but when it came to the Reading game he looked abit lost, he went down right in front of me and i shouted at him to get up. Maybe he listened to me :P

He needs to be consistent and not get lost in games like he has done.

Keep it up Drog this is the Drogba that will help us win the league.

Good freekick as ever from Drogba. Should stop letting Frank take them; Drogs, Ballack, Deco or Sheva always do better. Alex's unique style is worth a punt occasionally to surprise people too.

Didn't think Drogba played that well but he was better than most. As long as he keeps finding a way to reach the net, even if its a set piece or a fluke cross, he WILL end up back to his best through minutes on the pitch and growing confidence. Carlo really needs to think about how to beat these bus parking teams, or its back to Scolari days for us. As many clever dribblers in these games as possible - but admittedly J.Cole and Zhirkov were both injured today.

If we can find the right holding midfeilder (Essien did well) and put Lampard on the right side with Malouda left and out Ballack on the top, i thinkthat could cause alot of help to get the ball up feild for both Anelka and Drogba to score goals. Drogba was terrific today, he scuffed two good chances and the others were hard to score by the terrific defence of Hull. If we can gain the right power-defence balance in the midfeild, then we coulod easily win matches against Sunderland, Hull and etc.

I think we relied to much om the forwards in the first half of the game against Hull, and in the second half the midfeild 'stepped' up and took some of the pressure off Drogba, in which he was able to score that terrific goal, even if it was meant to be a cross. I think he will score 20+ with Anelka if we sort out the midfeild.

Fit , no injury concerns , playing under a manager he respects with a new contract in hand , Drogba looks absolutely on fire. After having an excellent pre season he has brought that form to the season. Granted his finishing and some of his passing yesterday could have been better. However his link up play and some of his killer passes were gems , he was a constant threat , was always involved in the game , used all of his big physical presence and scored 2 vital goals. All in all a good day for Drogba and I think there is better yet to come.