Chelsea vs Hull

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Hull City

Blues.jpg

Chelsea host Hull in the first game of the 2009/10 Premier League campaign.

Hull earned a deserved draw when the two teams met in this fixture last season, but a 3-0 hammering at the KC Stadium late in 2008 kept Chelsea top of the Premier League - and three points against Phil Brown's side on Saturday would put Chelsea top, for a few hours at least.

Match chat here.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always look forward to the first game of the season, and its no different this year. I can only see one result, and thats three points for Chelsea. I will be in the West Lower again for this one. After watching the diamond in action against Utd today, I really think Carlo should play Essien in that holding role. As much as I like Mikel, teams like Hull seem to have him sussed and tend to rile him and get him carded early on. They lost to Aberdeen today in a benefit match for Dean Windass after him being released at the end of last season. I expect them to be resilient, but just not a patch on the quality we have to offer.

I fancy 1-0 to Chelsea tbh.

Yeh I dont think its gana be a walk in the park and first game back and all and after the stupid friendly as well..which hopfully wont cause us to loose any players!! But hopfully a better turn out then last seasons 0-0

Would pref anelka as a starter, drogba's first touches were sublime in the comm shield, lovely first touch to feed in anelka? YES PLEASE :)

I'm gonna say 2 - 1 / 0 to us because we seem to score 2 every game under Carlotti! lol

First game of the season is always a good one. Although i do think we will have to break down Hull rather than them coming out to try and get a result. There are a lot of choices for Ancelotti to make, that is for sure. It is important for us to get the win on the first day and i can see us coming out 2 - 0 winners in this one.

What you boys think about the begining of seasson should Ancelloti manage in Premier League?

I think he should be given a chance, and we'll see what happens. Result on Saturday, 2-0