Reading vs Chelsea

Beaten the Italian Champs, AC Milan who were Runners up and the mexican champs. Beat a decent yank team and drew away to reading and its a disaster lol. Some Chelsea fans bring real shame to the club. Would think we've lost all fukin 5 and scored like 2. Minor hick up but all the goals were lucky. We dominated most of the game. Now onto Wembley which we'll have much more motivation for.....

Italian champs? Hardly a champion team on the day. We were lucky with drogba's goal and a penalty to me is not something to brag about. AC milan just lost 4-1 to Bayern Munich so that doesn't say much for that club. Club America are not Mexican champs! They haven't won the Clausura since 2005 and are having alot of trouble staying in the Premiera league competiton. The only win i was happy with was agaisnt the Seattle Sounders and keep in mind they have only won 7 of 18 games this year. They really aimed up! They rushed the ball and defended well. The other games were just a joke. I hope for Chelsea's sake that i am wrong! Because i would rather eat a big slice of humble pie, than what my Man United friends will dish if they beat us.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow some harsh criticisms after quite an excellent comeback. To be honest I thought we should have had a penalty when Deco went down pretty early in the first half , perhaps Anelka could have finished when he rounded the keeper and also Drogba could have had a goal. To be honest I dont think Essien is going to work as a right winger , simply put its not his natural position. If I were to create a Chelsea midfield with all of our players fit it would look like this.

Essien

J.Cole , Zhirkov

Lampard

I agree that Deco should not be on the pitch , did very little today. Not one of Mikel's best games but grew into it more in the second half and played a gem of a pass for the first goal. The Drogba and Anelka partnership needs some service , personally this is where I think Pirlo would come in pretty handy. The defence looked a little off , I think its up in the air between Carvalho and Alex.

Still thuogh Ancelotti is getting quite a bit of criticism from certain people on this thread. Its pre season , thus far our pre season has excellent. There are still some things to work out but Joe Cole is still to return and the transfer window isnt closed yet. In my opinion Ancelotti has gotten almost everything right thus far. The reason you didnt see Zhirkov today is because he was carrying a minor injury.

Carlo Ancelotti is not Phil Scolari. I never rated Scolari , not ever. His Brazillian and Portguese sides were one dimensional and incredibly poor at defending set plays. He had no club management pedigtee to speak of. Carlo Ancelotti on the other hand pretty much build an incredibly successful AC Milan side. One which played some of the best football seen in the modern era. He has helped to create and develop so many top players. Tactically superb this is a man who has twice won the champions league with AC Milan and he has done it in only 8 years. There are very few , if any , better managers in world football than Carlo Ancelotti. When this man delivers the titles at the end of the season , and I believe he will , then pass your judgements on him as Chelsea coach.

The sooner Ancelloti derives a PLAN B the better. I dont want us to end up like last yea, when we seemed to take the ball 2/3rds up the pitch and then pass pass pass and no shot on goal. There is no doubt that teams would park their bus and we playing narrow im having nightmares of ending like last yr.

Some of the people on here are idiots. We get a new manager and in a game that has no relavance whatsoever your slating him. Its so stupid, You want him out without giving him a chance. If we played our first team we would have won 3 or 4 nil, But thats not what preseason is about.

Some of the people on here are idiots. We get a new manager and in a game that has no relavance whatsoever your slating him. Its so stupid, You want him out without giving him a chance. If we played our first team we would have won 3 or 4 nil, But thats not what preseason is about.

Why do you keep calling everybody "Idiots".

I do agree, slating Ancelloti in a preseason is a bit naive. Players dont give their 100% there are experiments done on pitch, etc etc.

Not seeing Alex start is a bit of a scare for me, hope Ancelloti is not ready to sell him. :(

Lets be honest we were awful for alot of the game.

The Reading fans were hilarious though, a Chelsea fan got kicked out then 3 Reading fans, they were getting so cocky then we go and score 2 in the last minute.

2-0 and you fucked it up 2-0 and you fucked it up.

Was a good day out, wouldn't of been so much if we had of lost.

Lets hope we pick up next week need to play alot better than that.

A hard season ahead...not for the boys on the field ,,,but for the fans here deailing with Gordons negativity and I thought the aussies

were supposed to be positive ,,,,must be losing at cricket getting to them

My negativity comes out only because i watched a negative performance from a team of superstars playing a Coca Cola Cup side. Our cheapest player is probably getting as much as their highest payed. They totally outclassed us tonight!

Having all the possession in the world doesn't mean shit if you get 3 quarters up the field and don't know what to do with it.

Even though it's just a trial, the players should be aiming up to cement a position for the Community Shield. The way it stands now. Drogba and Anelka should be on the bench, while Sturridge and Kalou start! Would everybody be fine with that? I wouldn't!

BTW Cricket is for morons! So i couldn't care less who's winning or losing. Gimme a sport that i don't fall asleep watching and then we can talk.

Had we lost,no doubt they'd be cries of 'get him out yada yada' had we won full of praise..

TBH I think this game anyway meant more to Reading then it did to us.And we didnt loose.Yeh we didnt win but we've drawn to Reading in the past when it actully mattered so no big deal.We still came back to draw.

And its pre season,seeing what works and what dont etc

Am I the only one that is genuily happy with the result? Beating teams with ease isn't going to come in handy next season, Its having to come from behind to salvage something thats wins the Premiership.

I was happy with the result, especially after claiming a draw so late. Its a real test of character.

Same!!It shows yeh that we still have the bounce back ablity if you like and didnt roll over and give up.And came back from 2-0 in a friendly and a small reality check that theres stll things to work on etc...and Kalou can still score a last min vital goal :D

Despite a bit of sloppyness, which is more than likely a hangover from the US tour i thought we did pretty well. Results mean Jack at this stage of the season, even though everyone wants to win. Ancelotti had another look at players in certain positions which is what he would have wanted. It was great seeing us push for the win right to the death in a pre season friendly, the team showed great character.