• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal set to nab Chelsea youngster

• transparent.gif
  • transparent.gif
By Football Spy 14/07/2009

Arsene Wenger is set to nick Chelsea's highest-rated youngster in years.

Frank Nouble, 17, came through the ranks at Stamford Bridge but turned down professional forms with the Blues as he fears he will not get any first-team opportunities.

The free-scoring left-winger has been tracked for some time by Arsenal youth supremo Liam Brady.

source:Daily Mirror

I am not even sure if the reports about him not signing a contract are accurate. CTV reported he had signed a new deal!

Also there is no chance that he would be any competition for a first team place yet. He only broke into the reserves last season. This season would be to be a regular at reserve level and impress and then the following season would be a loan.

He has all the attributes to be a very special player. And i hope these reports are wrong and that he is staying with us.

Apparently Nouble has rejected a contract to extend his Chelsea career and his planning on signing for Arsenal. I hope this isnot true because i have only heard praise about him. What are your thoughts on the 17 year old?

Edited by CFC58

skysports.com is reporting that West Ham are poised to sign Chelsea youngster Frank Nouble.

The 17-year-old is available after rejecting the offer of a professional contract at Stamford Bridge.

Nouble is rated one of the best teenage talents in England and his signing will come as a massive coup to Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola as he is tipped for a big future in the game.

Still very uncertain about what is happening with Nouble. Was not part of the reserves set up that took on Crawley, but has still been around the training ground with the rest of the players.

I think the signing of sturridge has put him off. He also see's di santo infront of him too.

I think the signing of sturridge has put him off. He also see's di santo infront of him too.

The thing is though, it shouldn't have any bearing on him yet. For 2 reasons.

Firstly he has only just broken into the reserve team. He would be needing to dominate in the reserves before his next step, which would be a most likely a loan move or a couple of first team appearances like Stoch. So by the time he is ready to become a first team regular the situation will be very different at Chelsea.

Secondly his speed and ability means he can play very effectively as a winger, which is where he plays the majority of the time. So he has that option as well if he is looking at breaking into the first team.

Does he feel he could break into another team faster? Maybe he could at West Ham, but given time he could also break into our team and play at a higher level.

Again it is very uncertain because it was reported he DID sign a new contract. I want to see him stay because the lad is a beast of a player.

Bloody shame if true.

But this is what happens with young players all the time. If he does go we will receive a nominal fee at tribunal, but more importantly we miss out on a very promising player we have been developing. The question is WHY is he leaving, if he is going because of lack of first team chances then i hope it will make the club sit up and realise that more needs to be done.

OH NO :(:(:rant::rant::rant::cry::cry::cry::cry: West ham have done to us what we have been doing to them for years. This kid is a player who has the ability to become a quality premiership player.

Edited by Badboy

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You