Andrea Pirlo

Jessman

I agree with you.

I would rather have Sneijder in, instead of a 30 year old who will be over-priced.

At least Wesley is younger and can be played in midfield and as a back-up striker incase we need more attaking options in a game.

Also, looks like Chelsea are trying to get rid of Pizzaro, guess that's a good sign for Sturridge and Di Santo (if the whole loan deal isn't gone through yet).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea Pirlo, Italy's World Cup-winning midfielder, is set to rejoin Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea in the next few days.

AC Milan are prepared to accept an offer of £10million for Pirlo if they can take striker Claudio Pizarro in the opposite direction.

The Italians have been trying to hold out for £14m for Pirlo, although they are expected to lower their price tomorrow to set the transfer in motion.

All parties are confident a deal can be done because the 30-year-old is very keen on the move and personal terms have already been agreed.

Ancelotti wants Pirlo, who helped him win the Champions League twice at AC Milan, to bring stability and technical excellence to his first Premier League campaign.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203755/Andrea-Pirlo-set-Chelsea-10m-Claudio-Pizarro-moves-AC-Milan.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0My9CrSM1

I wouldnt mind him if we signed him for 12-15mill, and give him a 3 year contract, his age of 30 has no importance, may i remind you a certain italian Chelsea legend (zola) joined us when he was 30 aswell. With the ACN ,and our rather unchanged sqaud, adding Pirlo to the mix is not a bad idea. Our team is very predictable, we have had the same core players for a while now, adding Pirlo will not harm us. He can fill in for essien and mikel during the ACN, and Ancelotti will spur him on.

I wouldnt mind him if we signed him for 12-15mill, and give him a 3 year contract, his age of 30 has no importance, may i remind you a certain italian Chelsea legend (zola) joined us when he was 30 aswell. With the ACN ,and our rather unchanged sqaud, adding Pirlo to the mix is not a bad idea. Our team is very predictable, we have had the same core players for a while now, adding Pirlo will not harm us. He can fill in for essien and mikel during the ACN, and Ancelotti will spur him on.

Well, we have a habit of signing them, Vialli, Desailly, Gullit, Zola, Makalele, Ballack, Deco, Sheva and now Pirlo :rolleyes:

If we lose Essien and Mikel to ACN, we have Ballack, Joe Cole, Belleti, Mancienne, Zirkov, Malouda for cover. Buying Players who have passed their peaks for big sums just doesnt make any sense.

Id have prefered a Striker since we are planning to loan Santo and Drogba and Kalou would be gone for ACN.

We cant buy 30 y old players who are "good".

We got to take a longer step and buy 24-25 y old players who are "very good".

Right now, we are the team who survives on players that we think could be good in our team.

Gettin really disappointed if we sign Pirlo when we could sign Sneijder, Pato and those young and really good players B)

10m+Pizzaro for a 30 yr old Midfielder. Fucking Rip Off!!!

When will the Club learn from its mistakes of signing 30 yr olds.

Selling pizzaro cancels out the 10m we'd pay for him :rolleyes:

lol jk.. i seriously dont want Pirlo, and i dont think it can ever happen, it'd be dump beyond anything..

I can understand the reasoning - he is a deep lying playmaker, just like Mikel, and there is merit in the theory of having two world class players per position for a chosen system.

He's also an amazing at every dead ball situation, and to be fair, that's been a poor part of our game for some time now, try hard though Frank always does, bless him.

Sneijder is a great player, but he is more of an alternative to Frank than to Mikel, but I also agree we should have signed him the moment Real put him on the transfer list; he's off of it now, of course.

He's been the best deep lying play maker in the world for a while, and I think he can teach Mikel a lot, and I hope he completes the piece of the puzzle that seperates Mikel from him. He would be an important player for us, especially in big games, imho.

But really I feel bad for Mikel. He has turned into such a class player now, and it would be a shame for him to rot on the bench. But I would imagine Carlo would still give him plenty of game time.

This would leave us somewhere like this:

CF - Drogba, Kalou

CF - Anelka, Sturridge

AM - Lampard, J.Cole

LM - Zhirkov, Malouda

RM - Essien, Belletti/Ballack/Deco??

DM - Pirlo, Mikel

LB - A.Cole, Ferreira

CB - Terry, Alex

CB - Carvalho, Mancienne

RB - Bosingwa, Ivanovic

GK - Cech, Turnbull

Which is a pretty damn good squad.

Edited by Mart

It is obvious we shouldn't be signing any more 30 year olds. It is difficult though because if Ancelotti see's Pirlo as pivitol to the way he wants us to play then Ancelotti will see it as an important signing. For me though i would rather we stayed clear.

WE DON´T NEED PIRLO!!!

For the love of god, some one please tell Anchelotti that pirlo is overe 30... he is not gonna give nothing to Chelsea.... Tell me what can pirlo add to the team that we don`t have all ready

Free kicks??? Lampard, Deco, Drogba, Ballack and Alex

Play Maker?? Deco, Lampard, Joe Cole

Timing?? Lampard, Deco, Essien

Midfield Back?? Essien, Mikel, Belleti??

Tell me what do we need from Pirlo?? The IOnly reason that maybe... and I said it again MAYBE Anchelotti may thinging about him is if Lampard need some rest or get hurt or Suspention... but he still have Deco and Ballack and Joe Cole eventually.. SO??

Why don`t why justo get Pato, or Ribery ?!!

Chelsea have moved closer to the £8m signing of AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo, who could arrive in time for Sunday's Community Shield clash with Manchester United. (Daily Mirror)

8 Million aint bad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You