Andrea Pirlo

Jessman

After meeting with vice-president Adriano Galliani and coach Leonardo, Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has declared that the club will keep midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

The trio met to discuss the way forward for Milan after the club disappointed last season and have been lacklustre in the pre-season thus far and they have agreed not to sell the Italian maestro to Premier League giants Chelsea.

"Andrea Pirlo is off the market. He will stay with us and finish his career in Milan," he explained to the Corriere dello Sport.

"You know that Pirlo was requested by Chelsea for a proposed economic deal. We also spoke with the player and have decided to hold on to him at the request of Leonardo."

The club supremo also assured the fans that the they are still in the market for another attacker.

"The club has made the necessary funds available to so that Galliani can now buy a goleador, to add to the striker we already have in the team."

The Serie A outfit have failed to impress this summer, many believe as a result of their inability to reinforce the side after the sale of star player Kaka to Real Madrid.

Brilliant News :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This History is OVER !!! PIRLO WILL REMAIN AT MILAN FOR THE REST OF HIS CARREAR!!

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> Chelsea'S hopes of signing AC Milan ace Andrea Pirlo have been dashed - after he was taken off the market. </h2> Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi insists the midfielder will now end his career at the San Siro.

Pirlo, 30, is under contract with Milan until June 2012.

Berlusconi had a meeting with coach Leonardo and vice-president Adriano Galliani where it was decided the club no longer wanted to sell the Italy international.

He said: "Andrea Pirlo has been taken off the market. He will stay with us and finish his career at Milan.

"You know that Andrea Pirlo was wanted by Chelsea with a suitable economic offer.

"We also talked with the player and we decided to accept Leonardo's request to keep Pirlo."

Another of the summer's long-running transfer sagas has taken another twist as reports suggest that Chelsea will increase their offer for Andrea Pirlo, while Milan appear to have taken a step towards lining up his replacement.

According to English tabloid The Daily Mirror, Chelsea are ready to increase their first offer of €9.5 million plus Claudio Pizarro to €11.8m plus the South American.

This second offer is believed to be more acceptable to Milan's directors, who are intending to use Pizarro as a bargaining chip of their own in a deal for Sevilla's Luis Fabiano.

The Rossoneri will still require a replacement for Pirlo, should he make the move to London, and reports are suggesting that Leonardo is lining up Mahamadou Diarra. The Real Madrid midfielder missed much of last season through injury, but could find his place under threat if Xabi Alonso completes his move to the Spanish capital.

Blue day for Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti as Milan target Andrea Pirlo delivers ultimate snub

Matt Barlow

Last updated at 9:45 PM on 05th August 2009

Andrea Pirlo delivered a major blow to his former boss Carlo Ancelotti by pledging the rest of his career to AC Milan.

Chelsea boss Ancelotti had made Pirlo his chief summer target, identifying him as the man to conduct the rhythm of his team and was prepared to pay up to £20million to lure him to Stamford Bridge.

But, after a summit meeting with Milan president Silvio Berlusconi, vice-president Adriano Galliani and manager Leonardo, the midfielder emerged to insist he would stay at the San Siro.

Pirlo said: Today is a very good day. I am very happy to be able to finish my career here. When they told me the news I was very happy, finally the saga of this summer is over and we can continue the adventure in rossonero.'

Berlusconi admitted he was tempted by the prospect of cashing in on a 30-year-old but new manager Leonardo convinced him of the need to keep Pirlo.

Ancelotti's consolation was confirmation that Didier Drogba had finally signed the three-year deal he agreed last month with a view to winning the Champions League.

Drogba, 31, said: 'I stay because I am ambitious to pick up lots more trophies, regain the Premier League title, win cups, and it’s for this that I have extended my time at Chelsea.

'But my number one objective is to win the Champions League. I am convinced that this year we can go to the end and finally lift this trophy.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204587/AC-Milan-star-Andrea-Pirlo-delivers-ultimate-snub-Chelsea-boss-Carlo-Ancelotti.html?ITO=1490

bye pirlo..

find some1 else DOn...

according to goal.com, essien has been included in a deal for pirlo...this had better only be a rumor

source: http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/08/06/1426405/galliani-slams-chelseas-persistence-following-addition-of-essien-

God it's amazing how these guys take some quote out of context that doesn't even imply anything and then create a whole article saying Chelsea is offering essien. From what I gather some italian journalist asks galliani about some stupid rumor about essien being included then galliani says i don't care if they offer essien we're not selling him, then a journalist takes the quote and says omg galliani just said Chelsea formally offered essien.

edit: Can we please lock this thread?

Edited by thejolta

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You