Hiddink will be sad to leave Chelsea

Guus Hiddink has conceded he will find it tough to walk away from Chelsea at the end of the season. The experienced Dutchman remains adamant that he will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the campaign when his short-term contract - agreed when Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked in February - expires. Hiddink will return to his full-time role as coach of the Russia national side and has admitted it will be a wrench to leave the Blues. "It'll be tough to leave it all, that's true," he told the Guardian. "I love to work with this club. I've enjoyed working with this team. The players here aren't just enjoying a good life, putting their feet up in luxury. "They want to perform at a big club. That makes it very enjoyable and difficult to leave. I feel as if I've been intrinsically involved with this club. "I could have come here and just gone through the motions, done a daily routine for three months. But that's not the way I like to work. "Okay, sure, you don't feel as if you're a part of things on day one but I had that after a week here. In the end, though, we part. That's just how it is. Let's not be too dramatic. That's life."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he leaves with a winner's medal for the FA Cup, then he'll go down in Chelsea folklore.

Getting Moulda into a class player and beating Arsenal 4-1..gotta already be :D but this be a nice add on

Doubt he expected the CL drama when he came lol..we made his stay more oooo and more ahhh with our defence the other week

He already is in Chelsea folkore for me.

Winning 3:1 at Anfield, stuffing Arsenal, being so nice and clever.

It would´ve been a bit much asking for winning the Champions League. But he did what no manager we had could´ve done i think and got outsmarted ONLY by the referee <_<

Great Manager. Hopefully he joins us after the World Cup !

Edited by diskoviolente

Yeah, I still think next seasons manager will just be a temporary one, with Guus hopefully telling RA who he wants brought in over the next year for when he takes over as Manager the following season.

Apart from losing to Rottenham, Hiddink should be proud. He has done a fantastic job and brought back a lot of the team spirit we constantly showed under Mourinho. In some ways I admire him for sticking to his guns regarding Russia. Of course I would love him to stay but Loyalty, and honesty, In football nowdays is sadly a rarity.

Well i guess his word is his word but surely he has done as much as he can for Russia. They wont win the World Cup and they probably punched above their weight at the Euro's. He really should stay at Chelsea for himself and for us. We need a manager like him to be given a long term chance asap and no more fucking about. The next manager we have needs to be kept on for a while n not just dumped out.

I think Hiddink sticks to Russia, because he invested so much in the team emotionally. I think Russia is not a title contender, but can progress into the semi-finals. He done great there.

Thanks to Hiddink and Roman Russia is on the football map, woken a giant like. Facht.

Edited by diskoviolente

Hiddink is all about Semi finals tho or Quarter finals, never about actually winning sod all.

Holland 98 Semi

Korea 02 Semi

Australia 06 Quarter

Russia 08 Semi

Chelsea 09 Semi

Maybe he's not the right man for the 'Big' Occasion or for that final step. I don't think he can take Russia any further but i believe he can take us a step further

Edited by OllieCFC

Well i guess his word is his word but surely he has done as much as he can for Russia. They wont win the World Cup and they probably punched above their weight at the Euro's. He really should stay at Chelsea for himself and for us. We need a manager like him to be given a long term chance asap and no more fucking about. The next manager we have needs to be kept on for a while n not just dumped out.

He's half way through a job of getting them to the World Cup! He's far from finished with that job. Okay it's unlikely that they'll win it, but look how close he got with South Korea and Russia have far more potential than them!

Hiddink is all about Semi finals tho or Quarter finals, never about actually winning sod all.

Holland 98 Semi

Korea 02 Semi

Australia 06 Quarter

Russia 08 Semi

Chelsea 09 Semi

Maybe he's not the right man for the 'Big' Occasion or for that final step. I don't think he can take Russia any further but i believe he can take us a step further

The reason for Hiddink being one of the best managers in the game is not his trophy cabinet, but his ability to adapt the way of a team and the way how football in the asked competition is played.

In the three month he was our caretacking manager he adapted the Premier League very quickly and worked out several tactics.