Hiddink will be sad to leave Chelsea

Hiddink is all about Semi finals tho or Quarter finals, never about actually winning sod all.

Holland 98 Semi

Korea 02 Semi

Australia 06 Quarter

Russia 08 Semi

Chelsea 09 Semi

Maybe he's not the right man for the 'Big' Occasion or for that final step. I don't think he can take Russia any further but i believe he can take us a step further

That's really not fair. Holland is the only team before us that you would have really given a chance of getting into the corresponding final. Getting Korea, Australia and Russia to where he did are great achievements, and we only got kicked out because of bad refereeing decisions and poor finishing by his best striker.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single Chelsea supporter (and player) would want Hiddink to stay, what he has done for us has been incredible. He is a very honest man and that is why we will not keep him, he will finish the job with Russia. It does look as though he will take on the role of Romans chief advisor and maybe later a bigger role. Which for me means that Hiddink is going to have the biggest say on who the next boss will be.

Yeah, I still think next seasons manager will just be a temporary one, with Guus hopefully telling RA who he wants brought in over the next year for when he takes over as Manager the following season.

Would love to see that happen, but it won't, unfortunately.

Guus Hiddink admits he did think about staying on at Chelsea - but will have no regrets when he walks away from the club after the FA Cup final on May 30th.

There has been constant speculation the Dutch tactician could prolong his stay at Stamford Bridge beyond his current remit.

While the 62-year-old admits the thought has crossed his mind, he will relish returning to his full-time role as coach of Russia when the season ends.

When asked if he had ever thought about staying, the interim boss replied: "I love working here but at the same time I know that my job in Russia is not done yet.

No regrets

"I had that feeling that you're saying but I don't have any regrets whatsoever to go where I am going to go in June.

"I came here to restore what was more or less, at the time, difficult - the fight for qualification for Champions League. That was my main aim, my target. I was not coming here to make friends.

"I am proud to have worked here. This is a big club and I am happy that I could give my contribution.

"I always admire the clubs that have the standard of quality, not just in performances, but also how they cope with the fans and how they show themselves to the world of football and outside."

Rome view

Hiddink has turned down TV invites to be a pundit in Rome for UEFA Champions League final between Manchester United and Barcelona on May 27th.

Explaining his reasons for giving Rome a miss, he said: "I will not go to the final for practical reasons because we are preparing for the cup final.

"I have been asked by television to do it - to give some comments - but I won't do it because I don't have the feeling to be there to be honest.

"I think Manchester Untied are well equipped to win it because they have shown in this strong league that they can cope with the pressure."

SKY