Maicon

the wes

I'm most looking forward to the Spuds and Arse fans making fun of us for signing Maicon because of ONE FUCKING GAME Bale had against him only to have him put their forwards in his pocket and blast a screamer or two in the top corner.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people all of a sudden think that just because your in a transision and getting rid of some older players whos time has passed, that u cant have any older players in the team?

Yeah u need youth and all that but also stability from experienced guys. Maicon is a good signing if u think tactically. Stop thinking that we can have players under 25 on all positions!

We have plenty of youth now in our team, so the days of us being known as an "old" team should be pretty much behind us. Experience is still essential, and when they are quality players i like it is helpful. Ashley cole for example, isn't young but is amazing in his position and provides valuable experience.

Stop being so over dramatic, Maicon is coming to be a backup RB, even if he does horrible it wouldn't be season changing, this is an excellent buy to have a solid backup RB for 2-3 years, in that time we can develop the youth like many of you (including me) have been clamoring for.

Everyone seems to be hating on the idea of signing this guy! He's 31 at the end of this month! So fucking what?? In 2007, we signed Belletti at almost the exact same age... he became a legend after 3 years service, scoring some of the most spectacular goals of his career, not to mention all the trophies he won with us! He's now a huge Chelsea fan!

Maicon is not just a good utility player, he's a bloody brilliant one, and to get him for £6m is in my opinion, a real bargain! If you think about the likes of Bosingwa during last season... I know he was outstanding in the Champions League semi-final and onwards, but his display under AVB was instantly questionable.. and.. if you look at him, he seems very lightweight, and isn't very good defensively!

Maicon is the complete package! If you tell him to go forward, he will go forward, if you tell him to stay back and defend, he will stay back and defend.. he's built to be that player, and looks a lot more heavyweight than Bosingwa! I'd be glad to have him and welcome him at Chelsea!

And the other good thing, is that the Brazilian contingent will help him settle! Ramires, Luiz, Piazon...

... I say yes, yes and YES to Maicon!

Whenever I've seen him (a few Inter matches and quite a bit for Brazil) he has always looked quite solid at the back. Perhaps he hasn't got the greatest acceleration but over a distance he is quite quick, he is powerful runner, ala Yaya Toure.

I've watched Maicon countless times. Defensively, he is an upgrade on Bosingwa but he's no Iva.

I liked the guy, but I wish people would stop calling Belletti a legend.

As for Maicon, at £6-8m, I think we've done a good deal in today's market. Yes, Debuchy or Azpilicueta would have been potentially more exciting to see sign, but Maicon has been there and done it, got the tshirt. He's won everything and IS a good player.

Signing Azpilicueta would have been a huge risk. He's been injured for 75% of his time at Marseille hasn't he?

I can't put into how words how much I don't want this to happen. I just see Deco running through my mind, if he does come, I hope I'm wrong. But transfers like this seriously worry me..

Deco? Lool! do you mean Belletti?

anyway, Maicon may be seen as a back up RB, yeah he may not be as good as he was under Mourinho in 2009/10 but he is still a very good RB and is far from 'finished' he is still among one of the best RB's in world football and the challenge coming to Chelsea in arguably the best league in the world could easily help him get back to his best form and actually get ahead of Ivanovic in the team, lets be honest Inter have been a joke since Jose left, no one has really stood out since then, i feel Maicon just needs a new challenge and i can actually see him being a first team starter next season, if he comes.

IMO he would be and immense signing!

a bit like Pirlo everyone thought he was to old and finished at the start of the season after leaving Milan now look at him!

I can't put into how words how much I don't want this to happen. I just see Deco running through my mind, if he does come, I hope I'm wrong. But transfers like this seriously worry me..

cammon... a cheap player that coming for rotation... nothing serious.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You