West Ham 0-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

5 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Bournemouth are better than the hammers.

not sure.
Bournemouth looked pretty bad -- it's unfair to analyze a single game because part of it was us causing them problems, but these small clubs have a huge problem with depth. Their subs in the second half were lesser footballers and it showed.

I think WHU are less likely to have to fight relegation even if having a poor season, for ex.

All depends which Chelsea turns up - we have the firepower and quality to score 6 - but if the cohesion isnt there, if theres nothing but pretty passing round the box, then we're likely to get fucked by Antonio, Bowen et al on the break

Judging from our performances this season, and what West Ham did to us last season, they will 100% be sitting back and trying to carve us open through the middle on the counter. 

Really wish Lavia was fit for this one as I don't trust Enzo here. If West Ham score first it's over. 

On 18/09/2024 at 15:28, cosmicway said:

Bournemouth are better than the hammers.

West Ham are better, and it is not even close

Alphonse Areola 
Jean-Clair Todibo 
Max Kilman  

Konstantinos Mavropanos 
Emerson 
Aaron Wan-Bissaka    
Vladimír Coufal   
Edson Álvarez 
Tomas Soucek 
Guido Rodríguez 
Carlos Soler  
Lucas Paquetá  
Mohammed Kudus  
Crysencio Summerville 
Jarrod Bowen  
Luis Guilherme 

Niclas Füllkrug   
Michail Antonio  
Danny Ings 

Interesting Maresca very clear in his press conference - although some times he may play players in different positions for individual games, his view is very clear on the players and where they play for him, he wants 2 players per position and he sees it like this:

RW = Pedro + Noni

LW = Sancho + Mudryk

Attacking midfielder = Cole + Felix

9 = Jackson + Nkunku

Enzo Maresca on Reece James: "Unfortunately we don’t have an idea [when James will be back] at the moment. In terms of injuries in the past, we always hope we can find the right solution."

Enzo Maresca confirmed at his pre-West Ham press conference that both Enzo Fernandez and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall are fit for the weekend.

‘In terms of players who aren’t available, Malo is still out and Reece is still out.'

So, let' pretend Lavia doesn't exist. Perhaps in two weeks Maresca will tell "he is very close, might return after the international break".

Did anyone even ask about Lavia? I don’t see any quotes about his availability. How tf can these journalists not even ask?

If he plays I think I’ll be somewhat confident. If not I can see Michael Antonio wreaking absolute havoc on our entire defense. Without that screen in front of them helping and also helping the other midfielders I think we’re really struggling in this one.