Gareth Bale

the wes

Not sure if he is over-rated or not, but definitely would not fit our 4-3-3 system. He is more useful in a team that plays on the counter, where he will have loads of space to knock the ball and run onto. In a system like ours where we are often in the opposition half and get congested, he isn't the trickiest player to beat 2-3 ppl and create something out of nothing. That is why i think players like hazard, neymar, sanchez or marin would be useful to us.

He does have an excellent cross and shot in him though. I like the idea of him being our LB once Cole is done. But definitely not as our winger in a 4-3-3.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth Bale is easily better than our left wingers, he would be behind Ashley Cole at LB but as LM/LW, no way, he has the pace and necessary technique - enough to shred opponent's right side into pieces. UCL against Inter games were just a glimpse of what he can do, he also fooled Real Madrid's Ramos so the only way you could stop him was persistant fouling and tryng to break his rythm. And that's not a great tactic, bcs you end up with 10 men in most cases :)

Versus Chelsea he ran faster with the ball than Kalou without the ball and i wouldnt class Kalou as a slow player.. even he had a grin on his face after that.

He is still young and surely a player to look out for...

Gareth Bale is easily better than our left wingers, he would be behind Ashley Cole at LB but as LM/LW, no way, he has the pace and necessary technique - enough to shred opponent's right side into pieces. UCL against Inter games were just a glimpse of what he can do, he also fooled Real Madrid's Ramos so the only way you could stop him was persistant fouling and tryng to break his rythm. And that's not a great tactic, bcs you end up with 10 men in most cases :)

Versus Chelsea he ran faster with the ball than Kalou without the ball and i wouldnt class Kalou as a slow player.. even he had a grin on his face after that.

He is still young and surely a player to look out for...

To be honest Ramos isn't that great at defending and I agree with NoFear, he's the type of player who wants space in behind and we don't really have that nor do we play on the counter.

Its likely to be a media bulshit...40m for Bale is just stupid. But we cant forget we could say the same about the first news reporting Roman would pay 50m for Torres.

I hope the russian learned the lesson.

£40 million for a player living off 2 Inter games? no thanks

He was worth £3million this time last year so if he does go for that amount Inter deserve £37m for over inflating his price

The 'he isn't worth it' argument is one voided by the signing of a 27 year old for £50 million.

Since joining Liverpool Torres proved over 3 or 4 season that he's one of the most deadly strikers in the world. He did it consistently (bar this season). His investment is understandable in that aspect.

Bale's value rose to £40million after his performance vs Inter Milan.. It's hardly the same..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You