Chelsea 1-4 Celtic

i so badly want to go to a bad 5 with james on 1 side and someone on the other running up and down the wing! 

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Did Leicester qualify for CL because I may have missed that. Or are you suggesting we should play Championhip so that the opposition let us do Maresca shit with lesser players?

As a general comment, I think the "bar" is often not taking into consideration around this forum. Is this the elite or not? 

are you trying to tell me pre season or not we should be getting battered by celtic? 1.5 billion team and we should be looking clueless, should have been 6 or 7 easy too.  i just want to see team that seems to have a clue .

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Did Leicester qualify for CL because I may have missed that. Or are you suggesting we should play Championhip so that the opposition let us do Maresca shit with lesser players?

As a general comment, I think the "bar" is often not taking into consideration around this forum. Is this the elite or not? 

No but they managed to play his way, what we are seeing is nothing like how Enzo likes to play, if he can get a championship bunch of players playing that way, you can't say a premier league team can't be taught to play that way, if it works or not is a different question, but your saying our players are incapable of it.

After very difficult first few months we finished the season very well with Gazpacho, we had our strongest starting eleven and players knew they roles. Now two weeks before new season starts, players completely look like off the plot.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

The starting lineup alone suggests Maresca is thinking more about fitness levels -- as in getting everyone out there running after a football -- then tactics tbh.

About this game. ☝️ (s/then/than/)

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

No but they managed to play his way, what we are seeing is nothing like how Enzo likes to play, if he can get a championship bunch of players playing that way, you can't say a premier league team can't be taught to play that way, if it works or not is a different question, but your saying our players are incapable of it.

I'm saying direct players like Mudryk and Madueke will have an immensely hard time with this system; it's not about the quality, but characteristics. Well players like Ugo will struggle because of lack of quality, but that's a different story.
The amount of time, and space that players get to do the positional play in the championship vs PL is very different. Arsenal struggle for 1-2 seasons until something started clicking. I hope it does not take that long for us.

6 minutes ago, zinctek said:

are you trying to tell me pre season or not we should be getting battered by celtic? 1.5 billion team and we should be looking clueless, should have been 6 or 7 easy too.  i just want to see team that seems to have a clue .

No sorry, I really do not care about friendlies. They only serve to improve fitness levels and match fitness. Closer to the start of the season with all players back we should start seeing some resemblance of a team; and that's absolutely normal.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

About this game. ☝️ (s/then/than/)

I'm saying direct players like Mudryk and Madueke will have an immensely hard time with this system; it's not about the quality, but characteristics. Well players like Ugo will struggle because of lack of quality, but that's a different story.
The amount of time, and space that players get to do the positional play in the championship vs PL is very different. Arsenal struggle for 1-2 seasons until something started clicking. I hope it does not take that long for us.

No sorry, I really do not care about friendlies. They only serve to improve fitness levels and match fitness. Closer to the start of the season with all players back we should start seeing some resemblance of a team; and that's absolutely normal.

closer to the season when players come back and have to try and learn a whole new system live in the prem - not a great start. hopefully this is just a strange blip and someone flips a switch and we start playing like a team we want to watch but todays performace was so poor and below the bar it was not nice to watch. glad this wasnt a 3am kick off! 

2 minutes ago, zinctek said:

closer to the season when players come back and have to try and learn a whole new system live in the prem - not a great start. hopefully this is just a strange blip and someone flips a switch and we start playing like a team we want to watch but todays performace was so poor and below the bar it was not nice to watch. glad this wasnt a 3am kick off! 

yeah having midfielders in midfield would be a good start later on. 🙂 

heh I paid to see Lukaku play a friend in Jersey once, so... 😅
(and no I did not live in Jersey)

Edited by robsblubot

Badiashile for our third goal...

It honestly feels like the board aren't looking to solve the issues we currently have.