EURO 2024

Why has Southgate only now let them play actual football. So no team could prepare for them? To save energy?  I really don’t get it how you allow to be outplayed by Switzerland and Slovakia and then dominate Netherlands 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I really don’t get it how you allow to be outplayed by Switzerland and Slovakia and then dominate Netherlands 

I think because Switzerland is just better team then the Neds. Netherlands are a big name in football, but their current squad is nowhere near to 2010 and prior ones. They got lucky to play against Romania and Turkiye, I don't think they could've past Germany, Spain or France in a playoff game.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't think they could've past Germany, Spain or France in a playoff game.

Same could be said about England. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Why has Southgate only now let them play actual football. So no team could prepare for them? To save energy?  I really don’t get it how you allow to be outplayed by Switzerland and Slovakia and then dominate Netherlands 

Actual football in the first half and after Palmer.
The Dutch were lucky to be here as also England thanks to the draw.

Fixing this tournament for England started with the draw, today with the referee.
England <<may>> reverse brexit after this.
Of course if there is any logic in relating brexit to football, the logic should be "if the Europeans beat us it means they play better so we too should be in Europe".
But the mameluk England supporter has the flawed opposite logic: "if we don't beat them then we cannot be friends, they are enemy".
So all this may well have been fixed by UEFA.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

England <<may>> reverse brexit after this.

Britain will not rejoin EU in my lifetime, says Starmer
Labour leader also says he cannot foresee circumstances where UK would re-enter single market or customs union

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/03/britain-will-not-rejoin-eu-in-my-lifetime-says-starmer

😪

Vvd interviewed by a Dutch speaking German journo, answers in English o.O

Palmer should have passed to Bellinghan when he skied it. Spain are way more intelligent in these situations 

Just now, Vesper said:

Labour leader also says he cannot foresee circumstances where UK would re-enter single market or customs union

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/03/britain-will-not-rejoin-eu-in-my-lifetime-says-starmer

😪

Well he is over 60 so does not mean much. uk will rejoin EU before 2050, I am 100% sure 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well he is over 60 so does not mean much. uk will rejoin EU before 2050, I am 100% sure 

IF Trump wins the US presidential election, dog knows what is going to happen over the next 5 years, let alone the next 25

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

😪

He is saying that but there is movement now about a special relationship.
Without knowing what will happen with this, it is a reason for Brussels-UEFA to fix the euro for the reasons I explained.

14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Way this has gone so far nothing would surprise me..sometimes all you need is luck and things have fallen  into place so far....

Maybe we can score first? Though why break that tradition 

If anything England were unlucky today tho. Foden hit the crossbar and had a shot cleared off the line. Saka was marginally offside when he scored. A few more half chances. England  have been shit before this game but today was an utterly deserved win. They will need a lot more luck vs Spain that’s for sure