EURO 2024

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So mature for 16yo.

Will turn 17 on Saturday, then Sunday play Euros final. Makes me wonder what I did one day after my seventeenth birthday, must be something less meaningful and definetly less glorious.

Forget EURO. Conference league qualifications are starting. Our competition 💪

Massive games tomorrow. 

Velez (Bosnia) vs Inter (Andorra)

Auda (Latvia) vs B36 (Faroe Islands)

On one hand can't believe we didn't reject that competition but at the same time it will be fun watching us breaking some records for goals scored. 

France pathetic. Last minute of extra time and they have 2 players in the box. They really were not prepared for trailing. Could not even muster a real shot on target vs a defence with nacho, a retiree, Cucu and a 38 yo 

give Spain the trophy already. Incredible what they have done with such a comparably mediocre group of players 

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Spain win

if we beat the Dutch then the Spanish are going to be a massive problem,as they get their suspended starters back

Does not really matter. Player for player England are so much better regardless. Only the Simon and Rodri walk into the England XI on paper . But de la Fuente is a smart coach, has Spain play impressive football, defend rigorously while England have Southgate and his cowardball. Even if England get past Holland I only see one winner 

While I agree Spain is the best team as in better prepared and trained, I think the final will be a very even match which will be decided in a detail, which is a moment the quality of a single player can play a part.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Beating Germany and France. Guess they deserve title. Plus most goals scored. But let's see, maybe it's finally coming home. 

Hopefully Spain 7-1 England 

Said before the tournament that I am simply not having Mbappe one bit, he spent the whole tournament doing fuck all, an absolute pace merchant. 

Madrid got their man and he cost them an absolute fortune, good luck to him and them, one of the most overrated footballers of modern time. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Said before the tournament that I am simply not having Mbappe one bit, he spent the whole tournament doing fuck all, an absolute pace merchant. 

Madrid got their man and he cost them an absolute fortune, good luck to him and them, one of the most overrated footballers of modern time. 

He has been the best player in the world the last 3 years. He was phenomenal in the WC. 

If we're going off WC and Copa tournaments, Messi isn't even that good I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Thor said:

He has been the best player in the world the last 3 years. He was phenomenal in the WC. 

If we're going off WC and Copa tournaments, Messi isn't even that good I guess. 

I think this is the only thing I've ever disagreed with you on 😂 for me he's a talented player but goes missing far to often in games, if he can go to a different league and carry on the upward projection, I will then be 100% with you. 

30 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think this is the only thing I've ever disagreed with you on 😂 for me he's a talented player but goes missing far to often in games, if he can go to a different league and carry on the upward projection, I will then be 100% with you. 

Fair enough. 

He's had success in club and the world stage. I think he is the most talented and best player out at the moment. 

I can't really point to anyone else the last 3 years. Are there any names that pop to front of mind? For me, not really... 2021 it was Messi, but since then, all Mbappe. 

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

Fair enough. 

He's had success in club and the world stage. I think he is the most talented and best player out at the moment. 

I can't really point to anyone else the last 3 years. Are there any names that pop to front of mind? For me, not really... 2021 it was Messi, but since then, all Mbappe. 

True, I think this tournament it has to be yamal from Spain, 16 years old, absolute baller.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Well, one assist, a shot at goal blocked by defender when it was going straight in but missed the half chance for the equalizer in the 88th minute.
Not bad against a granite defense - wish the others did something better.
France is an aging team. This team has been around since 2016-18.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

France is an aging team. This team has been around since 2016-18.

Just 4 players from this team played EURO 2016.

Kante and Mbappe only 2 players that started World Cup final 2018 and yesterday. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just 4 players from this team played EURO 2016.

Kante and Mbappe only 2 players that started World Cup final 2018 and yesterday. 

There is no team that peaks for more than two years.