Crystal Palace 1-3 Chelsea

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are insane if we do not sign Silva for one more season

he has saved us from being down nil 3 or 4

Thiago has been awful. Only Gusto and Madueke are playing worse. He has been ultra slow and indecisive. 

Caicedo would be dropped to Evertons bench. Even if they signed him for 2.5m they would be giving him stick for the way he is playing im not even joking, he has not had 1 single performance worthy of anything close to his price tag. Worst transfer in the history of football right now.

Yeah I honestly see something different: I see a relatively organized team with individualities WAY below the minimum expected at this level.

In normal circumstances, Madueke would be playing for Palace on loan, and if he develops, then he'd naturally return and play his part. Instead we start games with all these unfinished products who produce very inconsistent performances.

While I expected more from Caicedo, for ex, I think the front line is far far worse today. I'd replace the entire front line at half time... even Palmer if Nkunku can play 45.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Yeah I honestly see something different: I see an relatively organized team with individualities WAY below the minimum expected at this level.

In normal circumstances, Madueke would be playing for Palace on loan, and if he develops, then he'd naturally return and play his part. Instead we start games with all these unfinished products who produce very inconsistent performances.

While I expected more from Caicedo, for ex, I think the front line is far far worse today.

Caicedo is again playing to deep to accommodate Silva and lack of pace, I think switch colwill for Silva and nkunku for noni this game is totally different 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Yeah I honestly see something different: I see an relatively organized team with individualities WAY below the minimum expected at this level.

While I expected more from Caicedo, for ex, I think the front line is far far worse today.

I see Madueke as LAZY a very lazy player. trying to play like Hazard used to, Hazard would walk around 70% of a game but then BANG something special 

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Caicedo would be dropped to Evertons bench. Even if they signed him for 2.5m they would be giving him stick for the way he is playing im not even joking, he has not had 1 single performance worthy of anything close to his price tag. Worst transfer in the history of football right now.

its looking like that is a possibilty, given his £115m price

fucking criminal incompitence by Laurence Stewart, Paul Winstanley, and Joe Shields

Edited by Vesper

The exact kind of lacklustre dull uninspired performance everyone expected after the customary one good performance per quarter last week . Esp Jackson and Enzo who celebrated like they had won the wc after their fluke goals back to their usual useless selves. Also caicedo and Madueke expectedly combining to invite the opposition to score 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

The exact kind of lacklustre dull uninspired performance everyone expected after the customary one good performance per quarter last week . Esp Jackson and Enzo who celebrated like they had won the wc after their fluke goals back to their usual useless selves. Also caicedo and Madueke expectedly combining to invite the opposition to score 

it wasnt a GOOD PERFOMANCE, it was average, villa were very poor. even UTD beat them. Villa are just going though a rough patch 

Absolutely shocking. And worst thing, despite facing a depleted Palace side without their 3 best players, I am not surprised. Turgid, awful. Poch WTF are you instructing our players to do out there. All this sideway passing then backwards is just not it. We had out first shot on target in the 43rd minute right???? Absolute joke. Now Palace have got the one thing they would of looked to do and now it will be really difficult breaking them down. Again the team looks out of sorts. Enzo keeps pushing up to the forward position and then Caicedo is isolated. I don't get the sense of what we are trying to do. Please no team talk and hoping this team will produce second half. Make a change. Bring on Nkunku immediately. 

A game where we should be looking to set dominance, we can't even imagine one shot on target. Unbelievable!

2 minutes ago, zinctek said:

I see Madueke as LAZY a very lazy player. trying to play like Hazard used to, Hazard would walk around 70% of a game but then BANG something special 

Honestly I think he just lacks confidence, which comes from his lack of skill on the ball. In the end, it shouldn't really matter what he lacks atm as he should've been playing elsewhere on loan.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Caicedo is again playing to deep to accommodate Silva and lack of pace, I think switch colwill for Silva and nkunku for noni this game is totally different 

good point. I'd switch the entire front line which would work as a clear message to the players. First 45m and the frontline produced fuck all against one of the shittiest teams in the PL.

First half summary - nothing new. It could have been 0-0. We made a lot of mistakes in the build up, but Lerma scored a worldie to be fair. Not the first time we have a problem against a good organised defensive team.

Most of our players are scared to try the offensive pass or take their man. Madueke is the only one who does it, but he has been awful with decision making. Caicedo has been ok imo. Chilly and Gusto get into ok positions, but cross badly. Silva makes the whole back line slower. Not good enough for this formation.