Chelsea 2-1 AFC Wimbledon

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Lukaku starts, scores 4 and then the stats people come out of the woodwork and start saying things like 'LoOk At HiS gAmE tO gOaLs RaTiO, wE sHoUlD GiVe HiM aNoThEr ChAnCe!'

Think he already left for Italy.

Hard to say what to do with this. In some way makes sense to play the same-ish team we want to go with on the weekend so they have time together to practice, gel and improve, but of course if anyone gets injured we'll be screaming "why the fuck were they even playing against Wimbledon?" and loads of lads deserve a chance to play that haven't had a decent chance yet. If we went with the same team that beat Luton and they go out and win 8-0 it could be really good for building confidence and cohesion in the team.

On balance though given how many injury problems we've got I'd probably prioritise rotation, and give serious minutes to Maatsen, Mudryk (if fit), Madueke, Ugochukwu... Might keep the backline the same for the sake of letting them build together because they could probably use the confidence boost of a couple of back to back clean sheets after the West Ham result? Hard to say... Petrovic after all will want to play.

Definitely rest Enzo.

On 26/08/2023 at 05:05, NikkiCFC said:

So we do not have natural RB

we would have one if the board would have shown common sense over the past 2 years (as they want to sell Trevoh, which I agree with) and had just went ahead and purchased the perfect replacement, Mohamed Simakan, who is both a solid CB and a solid RB

sigh

A dagger form sky not to televise that one. Only hope is to not get new injuries. There is not a lot to learn against league 2 opposition. Quite embarrassing if we lose, but no need for smashing them. Just get trough unscathed and everyone here will love it. 

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why Chelsea TV doesn't pick up this game or some platform like on pre season? 

They don't own the rights to show it, you will have to listen on radio like we did in the 90's. 

Thank god i didn't sell my ticket now. 😅