25. Moisés Caicedo

James

36 minutes ago, Thor said:

Gallagher does not have better passing...

He does easily , he’s not a technical midfielder at all but his passing is crisper and more accurate than caicedo, who often seems to struggle with the basics 

Passing isn't just assists. 

These stats alone show exactly what I see. Better passer all around and I had no idea what the stats would say, but literally confirm what the eye test tells me. Caceido is the far more accurate and progressive passer.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11.00.43 pm.png

39 minutes ago, Thor said:

Passing isn't just assists. 

These stats alone show exactly what I see. Better passer all around and I had no idea what the stats would say, but literally confirm what the eye test tells me. Caceido is the far more accurate and progressive passer.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 11.00.43 pm.png

People here don't like stats mate, tells them they aren't as clued up as they think they are.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

People here don't like stats mate, tells them they aren't as clued up as they think they are.

Stats and data based analysis is why we signed loads of duds

anyone with working eyesight and a modicum of football knowledge can tell caicedo is a poor passer 

and if we are comparing him to gallagher , then who cares because he’s shite too 

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

9 vs 2 assists?

Actually only Palmer has more in our squad.

Having more assists does not mean you are a better passer. You can make a pass to a player from 30 yards and it goes down as assist if he scores. I would say Caicedo is a better passer. Gallagher may have more assists but can't remember how many I would actually say was 'astonishing pass'.

8 hours ago, lucio said:

anyone with working eyesight and a modicum of football knowledge can tell caicedo is a poor passer 

and if we are comparing him to gallagher , then who cares because he’s shite too 

How does it feel to just say stuff, without even thinking? 

Consistently bad takes in every thread.

11 hours ago, lucio said:

The issue seems to be how it's been used at the club, not the process itself which is highly customizable.
At most clubs, data analysis is the starting point to signing players. It does not make Pep sign a player, for example. It provides a list of potential candidates and information about them--all based on what he, the manager, is looking for.
Data analysis is a tool, which can be used correctly or not.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

How does it feel to just say stuff, without even thinking? 

Consistently bad takes in every thread.

I’d worry more about your own takes , you believe Jackson is going to be an elite striker 🤡 

33 minutes ago, lucio said:

I’d worry more about your own takes , you believe Jackson is going to be an elite striker 🤡 

Again - saying things.

I've said he isn't the problem, has done well enough, and has continually improved. Not giving a 22 year old in his 2nd pro season a chance to get better - literally the shit our fans have gone ape shit at management for. 

If you can't see there is potential for a phenomenal player in Jackson given his improvement and how little pro football he has, you're a numpty straight up. This isn't me tooting my own horn as some scout, because I'm as good as the next clueless fan - but spoilt bratty Chelsea fans like yourself know even less. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Again - saying things.

I've said he isn't the problem, has done well enough, and has continually improved. Not giving a 22 year old in his 2nd pro season a chance to get better - literally the shit our fans have gone ape shit at management for. 

If you can't see there is potential for a phenomenal player in Jackson given his improvement and how little pro football he has, you're a numpty straight up. This isn't me tooting my own horn as some scout, because I'm as good as the next clueless fan - but spoilt bratty Chelsea fans like yourself know even less. 

Throwing around insults on a football forum . Complete loser behaviour . You can use the DM if you want to , if not , it’s better not to get personal 

14 minutes ago, lucio said:

Throwing around insults on a football forum . Complete loser behaviour . You can use the DM if you want to , if not , it’s better not to get personal 

You literally come here to bitch and moan, and its all you do. Calling you a numpty is massive loser behaviour? lol

Its literally what I call my nephews when they're being silly. If you can't take it, don't go outside to the real world.

20 minutes ago, lucio said:

Heh I know right?! Some people really get attached to the players for some reason.

players come and go there is no fucking loyalty in the game. They usually last a little longer than managers, but they always go. I highly recommend meeting a professional football and actually talking to him; their mindset would look strangely familiar to us grinders 😆 

there is nothing special about caicedo. Kante used to do what he does 10x better. Imagining that because he’s young he will get to WC is just wishful thinking. The truth is that none of us know that, we just have guesses. Mine is that there is no evidence to support the case caicedo will be WC one day. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

You literally come here to bitch and moan, and its all you do. Calling you a numpty is massive loser behaviour? lol

Its literally what I call my nephews when they're being silly. If you can't take it, don't go outside to the real world.

You’re getting pressed because someone has different opinions about football players 

Just now, robsblubot said:

Heh I know right?! Some people really get attached to the players for some reason.

players come and go there is no fucking loyalty in the game. They usually last a little longer than managers, but they always go. I highly recommend meeting a professional football and actually talking to him; their mindset would look strangely familiar to us grinders 😆 

there is nothing special about caicedo. Kante used to do what he does 10x better. Imagining that because he’s young he will get to WC is just wishful thinking. The truth is that none of us know that, we just have guesses. Mine is that there is no evidence to support the case caicedo will be WC one day. 

Caicedo lacks the acceleration to ever be WC imo, he doesn’t have have any outstanding physical attribute , height , strength , speed etc, and he won’t justify his price tag by he technical ability or goal scoring 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, lucio said:

Caicedo lacks the acceleration to ever be WC imo, he doesn’t have have any outstanding physical attribute , height , strength , speed etc, and he won’t justify his price tag by he technical ability or goal scoring 

Yeah I think he lacks more than a he physical aspects actually. One could argue that a WC should already look pretty impressive at 22.

honestly eyeballs only here, he simply lacks skill. He’s pretty lousy past the midfield line, for ex.
Why "past the midfield line is different"? it's more contested and there is less space to operate--better players thrive there.

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Yeah I think he lacks more than a he physical aspects actually. One could argue that a WC should already look pretty impressive at 22.

honestly eyeballs only here, he simply lacks skill. He’s pretty lousy past the midfield line, for ex.

For just a decent ball winner without serious skill or physicality you could have got so many similar players for way cheaper 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, lucio said:

For just a decent ball winner without serious skill or physicality you could have got so many similar players for way cheaper 

yup and tbf to Caicedo, if we remove the price tag from the equation, he's a decent potentially good player. Of course we overpaid big time, but that's our modus operandi these days eh.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

yup and tbf to Caicedo, if we remove the price tag from the equation, he's a decent potentially good player. Of course we overpaid big time, but that's our modus operandi these days eh.

For sure , if we picked him up for 30m he probably wouldn’t get much criticism but for a record breaking fee... I think it was onemosalah who said for that money for a midfielder you need to be getting an elite goal scorer or playmaker