Chelsea 5-0 Wrexham

James

Eight days away and I cannot wait for preseason to start. I, like everyone else on the planet fell in love with the Wrexham series so this scratches two itches!!

If possible, could we keep the moaning about transfers in the transfer thread. I am really stoked about seeing what Poch can do with this squad.

22 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Eight days away and I cannot wait for preseason to start. I, like everyone else on the planet fell in love with the Wrexham series so this scratches two itches!!

If possible, could we keep the moaning about transfers in the transfer thread. I am really stoked about seeing what Poch can do with this squad.

Will you be going to any of the pre-season games over there this year mate?

12 minutes ago, James said:

Will you be going to any of the pre-season games over there this year mate?

I have four tickets for the double match in Atlanta. Brentford vs Brighton at 5:30pm EST followed by Chelsea vs. Newcastle at 8:15pm. Then I have a 4 hour drive and go to work the next day. My son said he will drive home so my wife and I can try to get a nap.

Really excited about it. Mercedes Benz stadium is a great venue for a double game. A drink cup for soda or sports drink is $4 and you can refill it as many times as you want. The refill stations are located throughout the stadium.  When Arthur Blank had it built he made a stipulation for all vendors that they could not charge different prices than they do at their restaurant locations, so food is reasonable.  

19 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have four tickets for the double match in Atlanta. Brentford vs Brighton at 5:30pm EST followed by Chelsea vs. Newcastle at 8:15pm. Then I have a 4 hour drive and go to work the next day. My son said he will drive home so my wife and I can try to get a nap.

Really excited about it. Mercedes Benz stadium is a great venue for a double game. A drink cup for soda or sports drink is $4 and you can refill it as many times as you want. The refill stations are located throughout the stadium.  When Arthur Blank had it built he made a stipulation for all vendors that they could not charge different prices than they do at their restaurant locations, so food is reasonable.  

That’s me every week mate following Chelsea the 3/4 hour trip. 😅

39 minutes ago, James said:

That’s me every week mate following Chelsea the 3/4 hour trip. 😅

If I lived there we would share the price of petro on those away games! Do you travel with friends?

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If I lived there we would share the price of petro on those away games! Do you travel with friends?

Usually go down with my dad or a few mates, missed only 1 home game last season and did 4 European aways. 😅

Will we have full squad ready to play for this one, excl the players who are on the shit list? Really keen to see a bunch of the new lads like Santos, Nkunku, Jackson & Gusto and see what they can cook with the people we've kept from last year.

16 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Will we have full squad ready to play for this one, excl the players who are on the shit list? Really keen to see a bunch of the new lads like Santos, Nkunku, Jackson & Gusto and see what they can cook with the people we've kept from last year.

I think Colwill & Noni are the last ones to return. Think I read that report tomorrow so should be on the plane but I doubt we’ll see them in this first game against Wrexham. 

The eternally injured Reece & Fofana injured once again before the season has even started. Before preseason has even started!

We should thank our lucky stars that we bought Gusto when we did and that we have a top class, ready to start from day 1 CB returning with Colwill. Could you imagine what a shirt show it would be right now if we had to scramble in the transfer window for a new RB and CB? We’d be panicking right now.