The Next Manager?

Limped to the championship title, as opposed to Burnley with Kompany who played some very very good football. I have no clue what the heck the sporting directors are doing, I'm supportive of the hierarchy in general but this is baffling me, why are we going for possession based football? Our team is not suited to it either personnel wise.

De Zerbi is the standout choice given our squad and he's available for literally half the compensation. 

I'm baffled, I can't say I'll be as invested going forward with this Enzo signing.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

What an eyesore affair. Good thing I fell asleep twice during that annoying exchange of sideways passes. Everyone thinking there is some genius ploy behind that is deluded. They just recycle possession from side to side till there is some space in the channel and coincidentally the defenders failed to mark the attackers approaching the 2nd post. Probably fell asleep as well. Everyone knows 80+% of goals from open play are scored within 15 seconds of winning the ball. Teams who press well, work hard, run fast, take chances, play vertically and hit oppositions on the break are rewarded most of the time. Building a system to have a plan for scoring when the opposition is parking the bus is valid. but when that’s your plan A you will lose tons of matches with 60+% possession 1-0 from one simpel individual error, set piece or opposition counter attack like we did countless times the last few years. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What an eyesore affair. Good thing I fell asleep twice during that annoying exchange of sideways passes. Everyone thinking there is some genius ploy behind that is deluded. They just recycle possession from side to side till there is some space in the channel and coincidentally the defenders failed to mark the attackers approaching the 2nd post. Probably fell asleep as well. Everyone knows 80+% of goals from open play are scored within 15 seconds of winning the ball. Teams who press well, work hard, run fast, take chances, play vertically and hit oppositions on the break are rewarded most of the time. Building a system to have a plan for scoring when the opposition is parking the bus is valid. but when that’s your plan A you will lose tons of matches with 60+% possession 1-0 from one simpel individual error, set piece or opposition counter attack like we did countless times the last few years. 

Peps Barcelona did the exact same, when it works it's a beautiful thing when it doesn't it's frustrating, if he comes then I'll back him and personally I was rather impressed with watching that clip, I hate counter attacking football, atleast this guy might be able to break the low block which we have struggled with so much this year.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Personally looking at that yes I'm impressed, 50+ passes then a goal.... 

Found on twitter where they talked about their dipping form caused by ineffective players rather than bad coaching. 
Some really nice passes and attacks in there.

Looks like Jackson will have a buffet with Maresca coming in 😄 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Peps Barcelona did the exact same, when it works it's a beautiful thing when it doesn't it's frustrating, if he comes then I'll back him and personally I was rather impressed with watching that clip, I hate counter attacking football, atleast this guy might be able to break the low block which we have struggled with so much this year.

I have mixed feelings, I think De Zerbi would have been more exciting to watch honestly but I could totally see Enzo working out. I assume they've picked him because they think he will play a 4-3-3 with Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo in the middle (the chosen three the directors spent £££ on as the heartbeat of the team).

It honestly might work. I don't know a lot about the man though. If he can handle in game well and make adjustments to beat the opposition (as De Zerbi has been great at as shown by 2nd half results under him) then he may well work out. You'd hope that whatever he's pulled off at Leicester the boys here will pull off at least twice as well.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

It’s obv a personal preference so no problem with that but what do you dislike a out counter attacking football? 
personally I think there is nothing more entertaining that a sequence of quickfire first touch passes sending a Pacey player on his bike leaving the entire opposition team in his dust. Especially here at Chelsea, counter attacking football is an essential part of our club’s footballing identity 

as for Pep he is one of a kind. No one apart from him and the Spanish NT for a few years has ever won anything playing that kind of ponderous football. The idea that some random coach who has worked with him for a couple of months can transform us into prime Barca is ridiculous esp when you look at the players he has at his disposal

34 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Club seem obsessed with idea of finding gems where others do not, both in terms of players and managers. But its not like this guy is available for cheap - £10m to get him is what it would cost us to get pretty much anyone. I don't get it.

But I guess Joe Shields knows this guy personally, and he's the only senior figure in the club I do not feel let down by yet. So if this is him pushing for his guy, I'm down.

Either way whoever we hire deserves his fair shot and our backing until they prove they're not worth it, just because the owners / directors keep doing strange things we should not turn on the manager until he deserves it. Keep the hate where it is due imo.

I have no hate and willing to give him a chance. It's wherever he will get a chance which if the last few seasons have proven he no doubt won't! They can't expect miracles. He like every other person before will need time to build something. Such a risk for him as well really

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It’s obv a personal preference so no problem with that but what do you dislike a out counter attacking football

Well I don't like the fact we have to be attacked to then attack lol I don't like the fact it's kinda a one trick pony way of playing as we have been found out when teams just sit deep and we had no idea. It's a dangerous but entertaining way to play I grant you that.

@Magic Lampsatleast one things for sure, we will know how we play for a change lol might not be that impressive if you not into that kinda football but atleast we will have some kind of identity which we have lacked for a long while.

Also this really makes me wonder about the Poch appointment. Now we ONLY want positional play managers but a year ago we went for Mr Run Around A Lot Lads. What the fuck. What kind of long term strategy / plan is there supposed to be here?