Lewis Hall

James

I didn't know him and his family were lifelong Newcastle fans.

However, quite sad that last two YPOTY(Hall and Livramento) both play for Newcastle now, while we keep spending big money on fullbacks. Hope at least Gusto will turn up good, so far I am not so convinced..

"To now be here at Newcastle, the club that I've supported since I was a kid, I'm honoured and very proud to wear this shirt," Hall said.

"Me and my family are Newcastle fans, and for me and my brother growing up, it was drilled into us that we were Newcastle. It's a big club and I can't wait to get started."

Now I am a simple, nostalgic kind of man and if he is a life long Newcastle fan, from a family who've always supported Newcastle, and his life long dream was to go and play for Newcastle then I wish him well and hope he has a good career, just not when he plays against us. Good luck sir, and thanks for the £30m. Better to get it out of the way now than integrate him and have him pining after the move year after year.

By comparison with the way Mount handled the situation, this guy was outstanding, signed a deal with the club to protect his value and only asked to leave on a perm deal when his childhood club came in for him, from a position of being 3rd/4th choice behind other first teamers. Absolute ideal behaviour and respect to the club.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Apparently “insiders” at the club are disappointed he was allowed to leave whilst other disappointing signings remain at the club…. 

I would have rather sold Maatsen than Hall to be honest

still want to sell Maatsen

and most definitely that fraud CuCu (if he goes, we will liekly have to hold onto Maatsen for the season, unless we shockingly buy a LB in the next 10 days, which i very much doubt we do)

list of the acceptable and actually available ones is pretty short

no way we can go for either of my only 2 true targets (Alphonso Davies or Nuno Mendes,) the same for Theo Hernández (and I do not rate hus defence)

so that leaves    (and even some of these would be crazy hard pulls now)

Federico Dimarco
Pervis Estupiñán (lol, Brighton)
José Gayà 
Rayan Aït-Nouri 
Caio Henrique 
Mathías Olivera  
David Raum  
Borna Sosa 
Quilindschy Hartman

Edited by Vesper

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Newcastle fans cant believe their luck at getting him - think we fucked up there imo - he will be great when he has full confidence

Will see.

I think he’s another one who has potential and did impress last season in some games but like with Gilmour, who had some impressive showings also, was probably always going to be a tough ask to make it at Chelsea.

A club like Newcastle (same with Brighton for Billy now also where he seems to be playing more now after initially struggling for minutes) may offer a better platform for him. And also for Livramento who went there. 

I still think Lewis will end up coming inside and playing as an 8 in a 3 man midfield more than as a left back in the long run. But he will need to fill out a bit. Don’t think he has got that real outstanding pace that all good fullbacks have to get up and down but the technical quality is there and he has got some guile. 

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Very surprised this wasn't an agreement of a loan plus sale guaranteed rather than a loan, see what happens, then agreed fee - Bad business if so.

I thought that was the case, tbh. We aren't exactly gifted with good options at LB, so him returning wouldn't be the worst thing. However, it would mean our need to sell players would be even greater than it already is.