Lewis Hall

James

Would have been fine with them staying but sell Conor and/or Trev if they need to get back some of the money they splashed on minor league project signings. Loan was bad enough because he's already better than the fuzzy haired muppet.but this leaves a sour taste if it happens.

There is already Hall thread btw. 

The way I see it. We are selling 4th LB for 35m. Fabulous! And if he is a Newcastle fan don't stand to his happiness. My biggest memory of him is missing sitters last season when given chance. 

Regarding selling academy players for me is like this:

Hall, Maatsen, Broja < Gallagher. 

Our fans like to overrate academy players. The ones who are good for starting 11 you know from beginning. James and Colwill. And Musiala but he left way earlier. Others are great for profit 🤑

Edited by NikkiCFC

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

oh god 

£40m and buh-bye

we need the funds for other places and he is pure profit for FFP

if he wants to leave, then I would allow him to go (and sell CuCu to the headchoppers, they will drop at least £30m on him)

sell Maatsen for £30m (pure profit as well)

that's £100m there

take some of that combined cash and flash a a big wad at Bayern for Alphonso Davies (especially if we do not buy Kudus) and tempt Davies with a hybrid LB/RWer role (he really wants to play some on the wing, his original position)

I wager they would take €80m to €90m for Davies (£68m to £77m) which leaves us with £23m to £32m left over)

Edited by Vesper

Absolutely crazy, so odd to show so much faith in youth signings but discard one of the best prospects we have. I know some here don’t rate him but if we’d been after him the other way round we’d of paid a ton more and considering it’s a weak area for us we’d be all for the signing. Teams are not full of 11 world class players, teams are full of solid players and a few worldies. Hall has all of the attributes to be the 7/10 or 8/10 every game for us, I’m very shocked at this to be honest. Everyone around Hall that’s given an interview has spoken to his work ethic and talent, so disappointed.

5 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Absolutely crazy, so odd to show so much faith in youth signings but discard one of the best prospects we have. I know some here don’t rate him but if we’d been after him the other way round we’d of paid a ton more and considering it’s a weak area for us we’d be all for the signing. Teams are not full of 11 world class players, teams are full of solid players and a few worldies. Hall has all of the attributes to be the 7/10 or 8/10 every game for us, I’m very shocked at this to be honest. Everyone around Hall that’s given an interview has spoken to his work ethic and talent, so disappointed.

100% agree would have been criminal to sell - at least its a loan. Watched a lot of players and he will be a great.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

100% agree would have been criminal to sell - at least its a loan. Watched a lot of players and he will be a great.

Loan with obligation to buy , he won’t come back 

His talent aside - what happened here? Did he/his agents forced a move or what? One don't sign long contract just to leave the club for half price week later. Actually, the opposite. If we wanted to buy him, it would be 70+ million easily.

Loans with obligation are more common when club tries to push someone out due to salary, but buyer has no cash atm. Makes it even stranger. 

Edited by Vegetable

Just now, Vegetable said:

His talent aside - what happened here? Did he/his agents forced a move or what? One don't sign long contract just to leave the club for half price week later. Actually, the opposite. If we wanted to buy him, it would be 70+ million easily.

I don’t understand this narrative. If he had actually broken into the team then sure, but this guy is 4th choice left back… no club is selling their 4th choice fullback for 70m just because their fans like him! He’s done absolutely nothing to earn a big money move yet. If he had done the loan and succeeded big time he MIGHT have been 70m at the absolute top of his value range. 

6 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

He’s done absolutely nothing to earn a big money move yet.

I'm not saying he is worth it… Very young player, big potential, from top academy, HG and English Tax. We are supposedly after very unimpressive players for 50+ million, so do You think, in current ridiculous market and Chelsea mugging tax included, any club (looking at Brighton now lol) would sell us player like Hall for 35 million, no questions asked, the same week he signed long-term contract?

Edited by Vegetable

54 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Didn't we get mugged off for Brighton's 3rd keeper?

25m, similar fee. Players that aren’t even guaranteed to get onto the bench have an inherently capped fee. If Hall had gone on a loan and done amazing, could have been a different story. Or maybe he flops and in a year we are wondering what to do with him with no suitors.