RB Salzburg 1-2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

16 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The Salzburg equalizer. What other ?

Shouldn't you actually read people's comments before calling them nonsense? I was talking about aerial ball, and never once mentioned the equaliser, which to my observation wasn't an aerial ball. 

3 minutes ago, Da Herbsman said:

Shouldn't you actually read people's comments before calling them nonsense? I was talking about aerial ball, and never once mentioned the equaliser, which to my observation wasn't an aerial ball. 

Corners and Casimiro set pieces are usually picked up by the defense. Sometimes they are easy catches for the goalkeeper, a few times it's like you say - calls for aerial ability by the goalie.
Kepa is not as big as Courtois but do you think Mendy is better at those ?

34 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Corners and Casimiro set pieces are usually picked up by the defense. Sometimes they are easy catches for the goalkeeper, a few times it's like you say - calls for aerial ability by the goalie.
Kepa is not as big as Courtois but do you think Mendy is better at those ?

The keeper is officially the only player allowed to catch the ball with fully stretched arms. He therefore has an advantage over any other player from both teams. I cannot see how defenders are supposed to pick up aerial balls over their keeper; using what organs? 

There are times when a keeper must stay put having decided he could not reach the ball. But Kepa was also getting this wrong as well last night.

22 minutes ago, Da Herbsman said:

The keeper is officially the only player allowed to catch the ball with fully stretched arms. He therefore has an advantage over any other player from both teams. I cannot see how defenders are supposed to pick up aerial balls over their keeper; using what organs? 

There are times when a keeper must stay put having decided he could not reach the ball. But Kepa was also getting this wrong as well last night.

The Casimiro free kicks are normally taken care of by Thiago, without special organs !
If you say Kepa should stay put sometimes, it depends. Where is the ball going to ? Demonstrate with videos.
Fact is the man is not as big as Courtois (2 m) or even Begovic (1.99 m). Kepa is 1.86 m while Mendy is 1.94 m. Cech is 1.94 m.

Edited by cosmicway

Kepa had a psychological breakdown just like Greek legend Serafidis who passed away this year.
Serafidis became a great goalkeeper and became a legend when the also legendary German coach Jene Csaknady took charge and tutored him.

Edited by cosmicway

50 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Good win, good performnace in parts.

Nice to see Havertz finally producing, need more of that and constantly.

Rest plenty next game please.

Agree he played a lot better than his usual disinterest.

But I still think he disappeared too much, or just lacked any effort full game.

On 26/10/2022 at 05:27, Blue Armour said:

Simic. What a thug. Seemed determined to take Thiago Silva out. 

Especially with that stupid Harry Kane like move when he tried to back into Silva who was rising to head the ball.

The cunt went onto foul him afterwards.

Luka Sucic

bae92b9aed245055a1c7d490af78b6a6.png