Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

If he is out for Tottenham, Ferreira has to start. This match can define our season (whether or not we play CL football next season), We can't afford to Bossingwa. (No spelling mistake. Bossingwa is the new word for "f*ck up")

Ferreira always seems to get nod in the Tottenham game lol. Always a lot of talking like he is going to be smashed by Bale and yet, he is one of the few defenders who can handle the Welshman.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T JUST STICK WITH THE SAME PERSONNEL AT RB NEXT SEASON. Many people said in other threads that we don't need to sign a RB because Ivanovic can be our permanent RB. NO!

What if Ivanovic gets injured?

Also, people may be forgetting that JT is going to get a long ban next season. Possibly 10-15 games. That means Luiz & Cahill at CB. If one of them gets injured, Ivanovic will play at CB and Bosingwa will have to play at RB.

NO NO NO NO NO GET RID OF THIS JOKE RIGHT NOW

fiesty :P

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T JUST STICK WITH THE SAME PERSONNEL AT RB NEXT SEASON. Many people said in other threads that we don't need to sign a RB because Ivanovic can be our permanent RB. NO!

Also, people may be forgetting that JT is going to get a long ban next season. Possibly 10-15 games. That means Luiz & Cahill at CB. If one of them gets injured, Ivanovic will play at CB and Bosingwa will have to play at RB.

:lol: I do love it when you get angry franco :wub:

Well, in my opinion, we have to look for another Right Back next season, and the two facts you have mentioned (the eventual injuries and the possibility to move him as a CB) aren't the main reason for whom I want us to do that.

Indeed, Ivanovic is good when playing in that position, but he isn't a Right Back. He sure has good attriibutes, like his good defensive abilities, but in some area he is unsatisfactory : he struggles against pacy wingers (it is always the case against Nani) ; he lacks pace ; he isn't technical enough (yes he is a decent crosser, but when it comes to dribble he isn't good enough). So basically, he is a very good option when we have to strengthen the right wing, and have to have a strong back four. Though, when we are against weak sides and when we have to push forward a lot, I do think he is the best option we could have. Therefore I would like us to have a RB in the mould of Dani Alvès, i.e. a RB who has a great speed and pace, and has a good technic (for crosses and dribbles) so we can rotate the two of them depending on our needs on the field, and our strategies.

Well, in my opinion, we have to look for another Right Back next season, and the two facts you have mentioned (the eventual injuries and the possibility to move him as a CB) aren't the main reason for whom I want us to do that.

Indeed, Ivanovic is good when playing in that position, but he isn't a Right Back. He sure has good attriibutes, like his good defensive abilities, but in some area he is unsatisfactory : he struggles against pacy wingers (it is always the case against Nani) ; he lacks pace ; he isn't technical enough (yes he is a decent crosser, but when it comes to dribble he isn't good enough). So basically, he is a very good option when we have to strengthen the right wing, and have to have a strong back four. Though, when we are against weak sides and when we have to push forward a lot, I do think he is the best option we could have. Therefore I would like us to have a RB in the mould of Dani Alvès, i.e. a RB who has a great speed and pace, and has a good technic (for crosses and dribbles) so we can rotate the two of them depending on our needs on the field, and our strategies.

well, yes but would a top class RB agree to come here only to rotate at that spot with Ivanovic? The problem with most full-backs nowadays is that they are good going forward (pacy, can dribble, etc) but defensively they are horrible. In that sense, I don't mind Ivanovic because even though he may not be a superstar going forward, he is still pretty solid at the back, although like you said he does struggle against pacy players.

Only one name, Cesar Azpilicueta! blue%20scalf.gif

well, yes but would a top class RB agree to come here only to rotate at that spot with Ivanovic? The problem with most full-backs nowadays is that they are good going forward (pacy, can dribble, etc) but defensively they are horrible. In that sense, I don't mind Ivanovic because even though he may not be a superstar going forward, he is still pretty solid at the back, although like you said he does struggle against pacy players.

First off, I didn't say we needed a World-Class RB. On the one hand because they are very few (just Alvès and Lahm), and on the second hand because we do not need only World-Class players to have a great squad. I was only mentioning Alvès for the attributes he has. We can either promote someone from our Academy or buy a young talented RB (or even buy an average one !), as long as he fits the description. It is always good to have two kinds of players for each position, like this we are able to elaborate many strategies.

Secondly, you point out that many RB nowadays are weak defensively, but sometime having a solid defensive basis is useless ! This is why I want us to have a Dani Alvès type of RB. For instance, when you play a team of the like of Wigan (a piss poor team, nonetheless you encounter a lot of those teams over the course of the season, and this is against those teams you win a lots of points) which park the bus even when playing at home, you neither need a DM nor defensive fullbacks. In those situations you need a lot of players in the opposite half of pitch, to try and outnumber them... As a fact of a matter, there will be a lot of players in one half of pitch, hence you need very good technical players to play in the tight spaces. Ivanovic isn't up to this job, to me eyes (actually, all of our players aren't, excepted Mata). Ivanovic is useless against those teams, because he won't have to defend.

Know what I mean Franco ?

First off, I didn't say we needed a World-Class RB. On the one hand because they are very few (just Alvès and Lahm), and on the second hand because we do not need only World-Class players to have a great squad. I was only mentioning Alvès for the attributes he has. We can either promote someone from our Academy or buy a young talented RB (or even buy an average one !), as long as he fits the description. It is always good to have two kinds of players for each position, like this we are able to elaborate many strategies.

Secondly, you point out that many RB nowadays are weak defensively, but sometime having a solid defensive basis is useless ! This is why I want us to have a Dani Alvès type of RB. For instance, when you play a team of the like of Wigan (a piss poor team, nonetheless you encounter a lot of those teams over the course of the season, and this is against those teams you win a lots of points) which park the bus even when playing at home, you neither need a DM nor defensive fullbacks. In those situations you need a lot of players in the opposite half of pitch, to try and outnumber them... As a fact of a matter, there will be a lot of players in one half of pitch, hence you need very good technical players to play in the tight spaces. Ivanovic isn't up to this job, to me eyes (actually, all of our players aren't, excepted Mata). Ivanovic is useless against those teams, because he won't have to defend.

Know what I mean Franco ?

okay, I agree with that. We have that here right now, with Ivanovic and Bosingwa: one defense-minded and one attack-minded. But Bosingwa has become a useless player after his injury in 2009

• 2 weeks later...

They can fuck off!

I think he's going on my next Chelsea jersey.

Any player has it's sale value.

Chelsea problem is we don't sell when we need to sell.

That being said I don't want to sell Ivan, like I do with Cole.

But if there was a big offer for Ivan I would really think about it.

Any player has it's sale value.

Chelsea problem is we don't sell when we need to sell.

That being said I don't want to sell Ivan, like I do with Cole.

But if there was a big offer for Ivan I would really think about it.

Can't sell our best players for financial reasons, big clubs don't do that. They sell when that star becomes a problem or shows signs of slowing down, Ivanovic is at his peak I believe. He's one of the best right-backs in the league after Sagna (remember, there's a real decline in full-backs in world football right now). Selling is futile if we don't have anyone to fill that void. Bosingwa? Ferreira? And who'd we buy as replacement? Van Der Weil is as dodgy, if not more, as Bosingwa.

Can't sell our best players for financial reasons, big clubs don't do that. They sell when that star becomes a problem or shows signs of slowing down, Ivanovic is at his peak I believe. He's one of the best right-backs in the league after Sagna (remember, there's a real decline in full-backs in world football right now). Selling is futile if we don't have anyone to fill that void. Bosingwa? Ferreira? And who'd we buy as replacement? Van Der Weil is as dodgy, if not more, as Bosingwa.

Ronalda for 80M?????

You still sell if the offer is out of the world. Ivan value should be like that of what Real Madrid pay for Coentrao.

If there was an inflated value past Coentrao you can't pass that up.

And I think Cesar Azpilicueta can become better then Ivan.

The one thing I admired from Ivan is his passion. That is priceless, and can't be bought.

Ronalda for 80M?????

You still sell if the offer is out of the world. Ivan value should be like that of what Real Madrid pay for Coentrao.

If there was an inflated value past Coentrao you can't pass that up.

And I think Cesar Azpilicueta can become better then Ivan.

The one thing I admired from Ivan is his passion. That is priceless, and can't be bought.

But Ron wanted to go to Real. If Ivanovic wanted to leave, then fair enough we sell him for a high price. If he has no intention of leaving, though, then selling shouldn't be considered at all. I could understand why the club would though, so I'd accept that.

I don't know much of Cesar. In any case, I'd think we'd need to keep Ivanovic for another season for Azpil- to settle and become an understudy. Ivanovic's age allows this process to take place. Anyway who knows if we're even after him now that andré has left.