Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He makes the 'failed medical' excuse look totally lame though. Wonder if he simply turned us down because he's looking for club where he is the projected starter?

Or the club back-tracked on him when they sensed (wrongly) that Osimhen could be signed.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sesko scored

60a10a1f4975bebb7e63de4707105e2d.png

No wonder Juve told us to piss off when we asked about Bremer (who went off injured and then Sesko scored)

look at their only 3 other CBs (and one, Kalulu is only on loan and is very slight, more of a hybrid)

and Danilo is not really a CB as well

14d8e74f0f24db9e1dae52baa173a79c.png

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Tomás Araújo looking good for Benfica versus Atletico Madrid

Alvarez looking anything but since joining Atletico. It's early days, but I'm still pleased we stayed clear of him.

Interest in Duran will continue to ramp up at this rate, though.

Lucas Chevalier

absolute monster game versus Real Madrid

clean sheeted them with at least 6 or 7 crazy saves and great distrubution under huge pressure

streets beyond any of our huge group of keepers

Thierry Henry wanted him as the Franch starting GKer in the Olympics but Lille refused

c7bfbe032bf0bf01db02f31f4dbea9bd.png

Lucas-Chevalier-.jpeg

Said a few weeks ago when he scored that screamer that Villa will probably be more likely to cash in on Ollie Watkins than they will be Duran at this rate and he is only solidifying that idea as the season goes on. They’ll want to build their team around this kid in the future and would demand an insane fee from anyone coming in for him now.

We thought the £40m they were asking this past summer was high but it seems like that could be a bargain now. Once he has more PL & now UCL goals to his name they may demand £80m+ for him. Unless one, they’re in trouble with PSR again or two, Duran himself sees a better shot at starting every match at another big club.

Could see Arse for example or even Liverpool going for him. After we got so close and then walked away I’m not sure he would look kindly on us trying again.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

After we got so close and then walked away I’m not sure he would look kindly on us trying again.

huge blunder

and I am not sold on Shamu atm (open to changing my mind) as almost all his goals are against shit Portugese non Big 3 sides, and the other one was against a Norwegian side (who did beat his Porto side)

here are his 5 goals

cd5810ad99e8cbfc633ce2ea8c3cac06.pngd5271722733fcc0f8869f8a07c9fbcfb.png

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Said a few weeks ago when he scored that screamer that Villa will probably be more likely to cash in on Ollie Watkins than they will be Duran at this rate and he is only solidifying that idea as the season goes on. They’ll want to build their team around this kid in the future and would demand an insane fee from anyone coming in for him now.

We thought the £40m they were asking this past summer was high but it seems like that could be a bargain now. Once he has more PL & now UCL goals to his name they may demand £80m+ for him. Unless one, they’re in trouble with PSR again or two, Duran himself sees a better shot at starting every match at another big club.

Could see Arse for example or even Liverpool going for him. After we got so close and then walked away I’m not sure he would look kindly on us trying again.

Here are the giant global teams who need CFs

fearsome competition for us

1    Real Madrid    Spain LaLiga    €1.34bn 
3    Arsenal FC    England Premier League    €1.16bn 
6    Liverpool FC    England Premier League    €923.00m 
7    FC Barcelona    Spain LaLiga    €881.40m 
8    Paris Saint-Germain    France Ligue 1    €873.50m 

9    Manchester United    England Premier League    €854.15m (I can see them dumping all but one of the CFs they have now)

11  Inter Milan   Italy Serie A   €672.30m (perhaps, IF they sell Lautaro)

15  AC Milan    Italy Serie A    €601.01m (long shot)
16  Juventus FC    Italy Serie A    €575.15m (IF they sell Vlahovic) (long shot)

(you can also add Citeh, and then take off either Real or Barca IF Håland leaves for one of those 2 sides (surely thsoe are the only 2 sides in the running for him, I do NOT see Håland going to PSG or another EPL team) next summer or in summer 2026)

Barca can sell one of their 70m plus valued players (sub zero chance they sell Yamal) to afford Duran, or 2 of them (and maybe some lesser valued) to afford Håland :

Gavi 
Pedri  
Frenkie de Jong
Ronald Araujo

players below those 4 (in valuation) who Barca could/would sell:

Raphinha 
Jules Koundé
Andreas Christensen 
Alejandro Balde
Ferran Torres 
Fermín López (tough as hell pull)
Pau Cubarsí  (tough as hell pull)
Ansu Fati  

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Alvarez looking anything but since joining Atletico. It's early days, but I'm still pleased we stayed clear of him.

Interest in Duran will continue to ramp up at this rate, though.

I have said before that I did not get the hype with Alvarez. I saw him many times leading the line for City in Haaland's absence and he did not impress me. I don't see why people were clawing to have him ahead of Jackson. Good link up play but for me as the sole striker, does not cut it for me.

In terms of an LCB, assuming we do not even remotely think about dumping 75 to 80m quid on Jarrad Branthwaite (I simply to do see us doing that, he likely goes to either Manure or Pool)....

then, from all that I am seeing atm, we likely move for for one of the 4 following (David Hancko turns 28yo next season, so outside our age perimeter)

Gonçalo Inácio

or

Murillo

or

Piero Hincapié

or

Castello Lukeba   (he also can play LB)

Any of them are massive upgrades over Badi