Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea were not convinced signing £400k-a-week striker would be an upgrade on Nicolas Jackson

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/Chelsea-were-not-convinced-signing-400k-a-week-striker-would-be-an-upgrade-on-nicolas-jackson/

GettyImages-2169722608-1-1536x948.jpg

Chelsea made it clear on deadline day which position on the pitch they were considering upgrading.

The Blues were pushing to bring in a striker, with their efforts centering around an attempt to sign Victor Osimhen.

Chelsea ultimately walked away from the chance to sign Osimhen the final moments of the window after it was determined they couldn’t get a deal done on their terms.

Another forward they were looking at signing throughout the summer, although particularly in the final few days of the window was Ivan Toney.

The England international eventually moved to Saudi Arabia, with him set to earn in the region of £400k-a-week.

Chelsea didn’t think Ivan Toney was an upgrade on Nicolas Jackson

While he was a reported target, it looks as if there were concerns at Chelsea that they wouldn’t actually be strengthening their side if they brought Toney in.

Matt Law has told the ‘London is Blue’ podcast that the Blues had doubts over whether he would actually be an upgrade on Nicolas Jackson.

He said:  “I don’t think Chelsea believed Ivan Toney is a big enough upgrade on Jackson.”

Chelsea putting faith in Jackson

With no striker coming in, it is a clear sign that the club are willing to put their faith in the Senegal international.

Jackson has begun to silence doubters with his start to the season, scoring in his last two Premier League games.

His impressive start to life in English football has already seen him rewarded with a new contract with improved wages, similar to how Cole Palmer was dealt with.

Chelsea think they’ve signed a bargain in Jackson, and there is certainly a lot to be excited about in the striker already.

The Blues will reportedly have the chance to look at Osimhen again in January, meaning it could be a big few months for the Blues man.

🤬

• The obligation to buy clause (€40m) in Jean-Clair Todibo’s deal at West Ham from OGC Nice is very easy to reach, almost guaranteed. It will be triggered soon as the French centre-back can already be considered 100% a West Ham player, as always mentioned.

2025 is coming, what to expect? Salah, Tah, free agents on the move, Dimarco, Tchouameni, more

The Here We Go Podcast • Episode 285

4 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Sporting refuses to come down from his €100m release clause

that is who no club made a move for him

plus he turns 27 at the end of this season, so is outside of the project's age boundary for buys

and his contract doesn't expire until almost 4 years from now

Sporting will never drop his price for us in particular

because.....................

Enzo

John Obi Mikel confirms that Chelsea agreed a deal with Osimhen but ran out of time to complete the deal:

🎙️ "I know what the club offered him. I know where we got to. We finally go to a compromise. It was just some little things here and there, paperwork, medical and few issues that we just couldn't get over the line. We didn't have much time, the one time you want the seconds and minutes and hours to slow down a bit, it just didn't work.

Definitely, I think both sides really, really played their part in terms of getting the deal done. And I commend Chelsea for that, because I could see the ambition of where they want to take this club now and and also on Victor's side, how much he really wanted to come to the club. And he was disappointed it didn't happen. He was disappointed."

John Obi Mikel on Osimhen to Chelsea’s collapsed deal:

🎙️ "Yeah, we were very, very close. I put it that way, we were very, very close. We were just moments away from getting this deal done, but it was just, slight issues, slight little problems, that we just couldn't get over the line.

And of course, the medical couldn't be done as well, even if we get the deal done, it was too late. But I know exactly where we stopped. I know exactly where we are with the deal. And if eventually, you know, say, January or whatever, we have to pick it up again, then I know exactly where we are and where we have to start from."

🎙️ John Obi Mikel: "I know a lot of people say, Oh, he [Victor Osimhen] didn't want to come to the club [Chelsea], that's not true. Victor really wanted to come to the club, because he still knows he has a lot to prove in Europe. He wants to come to Chelsea.

He wants to come in and help the club to get back to where we should be. He knows he can score a lot of goals in the Premier League, and what a better place to do that than his childhood club Chelsea."

via@obionepodcast

Edited by mkh

At least people realising all at once, the name to parrot is Gyokeres, maybe not understanding why, but going along with Vince on twitter and the following influencer accounts. It’s a step in the right direction. Kind of. All eggs in one big name basket seems to be the extent of considerations though over and over lol, never ever any broad or deep talent ID. I doubt we will get him due to indeed age really more than anything, which is an indictment on BlueCo. He’s the perfect age for a top club. Which we aren’t. Due to BlueCo. lol. 

On 07/09/2024 at 15:04, Vesper said:

Dorgu scored for Denmark on his debut yesterday, btw.

20c39118734b68b3d0f89ce480733b9c.png

?at=de581aa67cc2e406f8128c70f2f34a4c

037617829082d1150cbe7af328bf446b.png

Chelsea identify Patrick Dorgu as priority winter target

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/09/10/Chelsea-identify-patrick-dorgu-as-priority-winter-target/

Patrick Dorgu has reportedly emerged as the priority target for Chelsea heading into the January transfer window, with the West London club enquiring about him.

According to a report by Caught Offside, Patrick Dorgu is the subject of interest from Chelsea. The West London outfit considered signing the US Lecce left-back in the summer transfer window, although a deal did not materialise. However, the Blues remain keen on signing the 19-year-old and have approached the Serie A club to ask for information about the full-back.

Patrick Dorgu has established himself as one of the best young prospects in Serie A since joining US Lecce from FC Nordsjaelland. The Salentians initially completed a loan deal for the teenage sensation in July 2022 before sealing a permanent move 12 months later.

The 19-year-old has gradually risen in prominence at the Serie A club, with the 2024/25 season thus far witnessing him featuring in all four games, racking up over 300 minutes of game time. Meanwhile, Dorgu has broken into his national team, making two appearances for Denmark.

Meanwhile, Patrick Dorgu’s progress has not gone unnoticed, capturing the attention of several high-profile clubs across Europe. Recent reports have revealed that Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur mulled over signing the Danish full-back in the summer transfer window before a move failed to materialise. However, the Blues remain keen on landing the US Lecce defender.