Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, IMissEden said:

No it’s not my opinion. You ranking “success” (fan fantasies) as more important than money, I’ve said is not a concrete truth whatsoever; it is not something to realise as more important - that would not be true. That, would be an opinion. So I said, “Money is not secondary to success”, in response to you stating, players realise success is more important than money. That’s not true; neither are secondary nor primary in this context; indeed it’s person to person. Zoomed out obviously money is more important. That’s not an opinion lol. 

So it’s not an opinion of mine at all to highlight that you’ve drawn a conclusion, that’s not a conclusion. You have an opinion, your truth, that you’re stating like a fact. It’s not a fact. Money is not factually concretely secondary to success. That’s fan fantasy. That’s not realistic. 

I'd suggest you research the definition of an "opinion." They can't be RIGHT or WRONG. 

While you're at it, please point to the part where I stated anything as being a fact. All I did was state a number of players who rejected lucrative contract offers to remain in Europe & fight for honours. Of course, whilst you're on your high horse, you can talk to those individuals about their "fan fantasies." 

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

. They must have a reason I suppose, but these players are not living payday to payday so it's not being done for their benefit.

Seen in interviews with players coming back from there (not the CR7 tier, rather local-league tier) that (allegedly) the issue is, they will pay the contract. If they want to. If clubs don't find the player or the club performing to their liking or not really in financial position to do so, well, too bad. What u gonna do?

38 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Rises the questions:

- Had Clearlake not checked before? If so, congrats
- Did they make it up now? If so, P*** off
- Do City Group does it and no one bats an eye?

Edited by Vegetable

JUST IN: Chelsea have made a salary offer to Osimhen but, the offer is low. Therefore there is no current agreement. (@DiMarzio)

Soon as the report came out that Saudi were offering him 30m per year it was most likely over. No club in Europe can come remotely close to that. Even if we were offering £250k per week which is far above any of our recent signings, once he heard €30m per year that will seem like peanuts.

Whatever. If we don’t sign him at least no other PL club is getting him. We’ll probably never see or hear from him again after this window when he’s playing in obscurity in the Saudi league. Out of sight, out of mind.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I'd suggest you research the definition of an "opinion." They can't be RIGHT or WRONG. 

While you're at it, please point to the part where I stated anything as being a fact. All I did was state a number of players who rejected lucrative contract offers to remain in Europe & fight for honours. Of course, whilst you're on your high horse, you can talk to those individuals about their "fan fantasies." 

While you’re on your donkey, find the time to re read the convo. 

edit mate — why go delete your whole thesis and then post about where did you say something. Weird shit. It says edited in the post and wordcount reduced x4. On about where is it Jesus Christ get a grip. Can probably remember what it said better than yourself. You clearly dismissed the statement that it’s understandable that money be chosen over a fan fantasy idea of success — by replying, Other Players Know That Success Matters More Than Money. That is not presenting an opinion. You have presented that like a fact. So told, you’re wrong, to say like fact, that “success” yer da’s success matters more. Is that complicated. Its wrong to say. Factually wrong. I haven’t espoused any opinions. Stop going on about opinions. 

Edited by IMissEden

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Seen in interviews with players coming back from there (not the CR7 tier, rather local-league tier) that (allegedly) the issue is, they will pay the contract. If they want to. If clubs don't find the player or the club performing to their liking or not really in financial position to do so, well, too bad. What u gonna do?

Rises the questions:

- Had Clearlake not checked before? If so, congrats
- Did they make it up now? If so, P*** off
- Do City Group does it and no one bats an eye?

It is not new.

There was a lot of speculation that Chelsea might have to decline a place in Europe in order to avoid financial scrutiny from the European governing body. Clearly the club has not done that and so the only conclusion must be that they believe they will pass FSR checks. The new owners have a lot to prove in terms of squad building, but they are savvy people fiscally. I'd bet a lot of money that they  fully understand the differences between Premier League compliance and uefa compliance. I would therefore be stunned beyond amazement if they are inviting a problem with uefa rules.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Enzo Maresca on Chelsea first-team exiles: ‘They are not going to get any minutes’

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5729585/2024/08/28/Chelsea-sterling-chilwell-maresca-transfer/

GettyImages-2163956217-scaled-e172486979

Enzo Maresca has warned that Raheem Sterling and Chelsea’s other first-team exiles will not get minutes under him if they stay at the club beyond Friday’s transfer deadline.

Sterling headlines a sizeable list of players training away from Maresca’s first-team squad at Cobham, having lost his squad number to summer signing Pedro Neto. Ben Chilwell, Chelsea’s vice-captain last season, has also been encouraged to seek a move elsewhere this week.

Earlier this week, The Athletic reported that Sterling wants to resolve his contract situation with Chelsea – he has three years left to run on a deal that pays him north of £300,000-a-week – before speaking to interested clubs, but Maresca says any out-of-favour player who does not leave Stamford Bridge this week faces a long spell on the sidelines until the January window opens.

Asked what Sterling’s situation will be if he is still a Chelsea player beyond the transfer deadline, Maresca replied: “We’re gonna see. I prefer to be honest with the players, and with Raheem I have been exactly the same.

“The ones who are not involved are not going to be involved, and they are not going to get any minutes in case they stay.

“I don’t know what happens when the transfer window closes. We’ll see who is here and who is not here. The only thing I can say is the ones who are going to get minutes are the ones I feel can help us.”

Pressed on whether that means Sterling will not play for Chelsea if he stays, Maresca replied: “It’s not just for Raheem. It’s for all the players that are training apart in this moment. When the transfer window closes they are not going to get minutes. I’ve been clear and honest with them, so this is the reason why.”

Maresca says Chelsea have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the second leg of their Europa Conference League qualifying tie against Servette, though Neto and Malo Gusto have been left in London as a precaution.

“Reece (James) is out, Romeo (Lavia) is still out, and Pedro and Malo are not involved in the squad for tomorrow just for prevention, not for any problem,” he said.

Asked if there is a timeframe for the returns of James and Lavia, Maresca replied: “Hopefully after the international break, hopefully.”

Honestly, if I were Sterling, I'd probably be happy winding that contract down. 300k a week in your home city? Yea, thats about as good as its getting for him.

I think his time at the very top, and getting big bucks, is spent. He is turning 30, and has a daughter who's almost a teenager. He isnt subjecting his family to Saudi Arabia.

40 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Honestly, if I were Sterling, I'd probably be happy winding that contract down. 300k a week in your home city? Yea, thats about as good as its getting for him.

I think his time at the very top, and getting big bucks, is spent. He is turning 30, and has a daughter who's almost a teenager. He isnt subjecting his family to Saudi Arabia.

we owe him £70m, including bonuses

madness

fucking Boehly

4 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

And no other club except maybe saudis will pay him that money. thats what i said. 

if he wants to live in london and is happy with that money then he can enjoy the next 2-3 years. 

sterling should not be the bad guy when our club is so stupid to give this player a contract worth 300.000 a week. its hurting... but a contract is a contract. 

Edited by FrankLampard007

19 minutes ago, FrankLampard007 said:

And no other club except maybe saudis will pay him that money. thats what i said. 

if he wants to live in london and is happy with that money then he can enjoy the next 2-3 years. 

sterling should not be the bad guy when our club is so stupid to give this player a contract worth 300.000 a week. its hurting... but a contract is a contract. 

Yep. It is probably why the club have gone scorched earth. Know it is possibly the only way to get him out, if they get lucky.