Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A disappointing, if inevitable, outcome. I always make a comparison between Tino and RLC. For me Tino has better attributes but he still manages to be less productive than Ruben. Every once in a while he would burst into life and blow people away with what you can do on football pitch. In most of his matches however, he spent most of his time simply not affecting the game at all. I hope he can have an impact for Empoli and perhaps, in time, earn a move to a bigger Italian Club.

We would have gotten £17m for him from Lokomotiv Moscow if not for his injury on loan (with option to buy that they said they were going to exercise) there. That is well over £20m in today's quid.

Romano says:

“Chelsea don’t want to pay crazy salary for Osimhen and he doesn’t want a loan, let’s see. Chelsea have also got a list of other potential targets, one they still like is Jhon Duran.”

8 hours ago, whats happening said:

buy david for 20m and thats it.

The board and scouts apparently do not rate the lad at all. Idiots.

Same fools who have tossed out closing in on 300m quid (yes closing in on 300 million!) on keepers and CBs and yet have basically fuckall to show for it atm in terms of anything remotely world class.

Insanity. 

I am FAR from an expert on transfers, but I know cockwombles at work when I see them.

Seems like no big club really rate David to be honest. 

I mean, if he’s as good as some people make him out to be and if he’s available for only 20m why haven’t any big club signed him already? 

Crazy wage demands? (Seems unlikely)
Problematic stuff in his backpack?

Or maybe he’s just one of many average strikers playing in France/Germany/Netherlands etc. 

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Romano says:

“Chelsea don’t want to pay crazy salary for Osimhen and he doesn’t want a loan, let’s see. Chelsea have also got a list of other potential targets, one they still like is Jhon Duran.”

Lmao if the 500k a week is true.
I wouldn’t even give him 250k when he’s unproven in the PL and his injury record.

VO scored 1 more goal in Serie A than Jackson did his first season in the PL.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

The board and scouts apparently do not rate the lad at all. Idiots.

Same fools who have tossed out closing in on 300m quid (yes closing in on 300 million!) on keepers and CBs and yet have basically fuckall to show for it atm in terms of anything remotely world class.

Insanity. 

I am FAR from an expert on transfers, but I know cockwombles at work when I see them.

David is backup striker quality. 

Chelsea

• Mykhailo Mudryk has new agents as he has joined ProStar Football Agency. He will now be represented by Ukrainian agent and company CEO, Vadim Shabliy, together with Nikita Tyatkov.

• Enzo Maresca on goalkeepers: “If the level continues to be the same, then probably Robert will be the Premier League starting goalkeeper and Filip in the Conference League or the domestic cups.”

• Enzo Maresca on whether Chelsea will sign a new striker: “If we have the chance to bring in a nine that can help us and make the difference… then we are gonna try.”

• Willian Estevão has been called up by the Brazilian national team for the upcoming games in September. The 17 year old winger signed for Chelsea in June, joining them in July 2025.

• Gallagher, Félix, Sterling, Servette… Si Phillips has a lot to get through in his brilliant Chelsea update.

2 hours ago, Costa19 said:

I wouldn’t even give him 250k when he’s unproven in the PL and his injury record.

VO scored 1 more goal in Serie A than Jackson did his first season in the PL.

Osimhen is either on or off. That’s not a top player. End of really. Excusable when you’re 22 in an unstable environment. When you’re in the high flying team though whether Napoli or Nigeria yet go on total barren spells for both. Aguero no. Suarez no. Lewandowski no. Drogba no. What are you doing when you’re not scoring. What are you creating, what are you exuding and infecting the teammates with, drive or head down. Osi is not special. Not even remotely. I would rather take a 38 year old Di Natale if we could rewind the years. I’d rather take a 40 year old Totti. Unless Osi was on 60k a week. Like many transfers, him being on everyone’s lips arose via PR. 

Edited by IMissEden

Lots happening at Chelsea with Sterling situation one of many to be clarified

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/148098731/lots-happening-at-Chelsea-with-sterling-situation-one-of-many-to-be-clarified

ec9c9572-e905-4516-a23d-4954e5fdcd30_501

The Raheem Sterling situation is a question for Chelsea, not for me.

At the moment I can only say the information that I have, and that is they insist on a permanent sale. Maybe a loan under certain conditions can be enough to get the green light, but this is just my opinion and not something guaranteed.

Chelsea are still exploring opportunities for a striker and on Osimhen, as I told you, nothing will happen this weekend, this situation is one for the final days. I always told you this.

Let's see if Chelsea will be able to find a way with Napoli and with the player, because the player doesn't want a loan and Chelsea don't want to pay a crazy salary. It's still complicated, and Saudi Arabia remains a possibility for Osimhen.

Chelsea are also keeping a close eye on the defenders market for the final days too, because if there will be a last minute opportunity on a defender, Chelsea could be still interested in covering that position again. It depends on what happens.

We know the focus now is on the outgoings. Broja, Sterling and also Chalobah is really important…

So, in terms of incomings, keep an eye on the striker situation, as another player they still like is Jhon Duran, and then a potential last minute centre-back. Again, it's not guaranteed, it's not sure, but they are discussing.

Seems like no big club really rate David to be honest. 

I mean, if he’s as good as some people make him out to be and if he’s available for only 20m why haven’t any big club signed him already? 

Crazy wage demands? (Seems unlikely)
Problematic stuff in his backpack?

Or maybe he’s just one of many average strikers playing in France/Germany/Netherlands etc. 

I have watched him for years.

He has over 200 goals/assists now at top flight level for club and country at the age of 24.

He rarely has had a poor game in the dozens I have watched.

I do not know claim to know why no bigger team has scooped him up, but for £20 to 25m, he is a steal.

I think, on balance, my years here of talent targeting has been borne out to be, on balance, pretty good, far better than our scouts and board over the past 3 or 4 years on multiple occasions.

The ones I have went bonkers over, whether it was the failed buys (for good to great players) and then the shit buys have been pretty spot on in most cases.

I cannot speak to anything else other than that.

I am far from perfect, but I think we would be a better club overall if the ones I truly felt strongly on would have either been bought or avoided, depending on my stances.

GKers and CBs especially, but also big name MFers (Tchou and Camavinga for instance), wingers and CFs. CuCu seems to be finally working out at LB, but I did freak out on the price. I deffo approved of the Malo buy, and he has been a good purchase.

We have not purchased a single one of my many CB and GKer reccos, and look where we sit there. I was against every single one we bought (jury is out on Jörgensen) basically. Closing in on 300m spent and fuckall in terms of great players atm. It is just madness.

I do have hope for Aaron Anselmino, but the lad only just turned 19yo a few months back. I so hope he blows up and soon.

where is any evidence that he makes (or wants) £500K PW?

to the best of my knowledge that is around double what he is on, when all bonuses are factored in

12 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

I do not beleive that £500K PW bollocks

Matt Hughes is a bullshit merchant from The Sun

and that 'Vince' account has been wrong for ages on a multiplicity of claims

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

which we should have done long ago

It’s pretty insane that Trev hasn’t moved yet. Everyone seems to rate him but we haven’t heard a peep about a move since he was “exiled” weeks ago. I would’ve thought he’d be extremely easy to move since he’s young, English, and in a position every club is always scrambling for decent players.

Felix - I’d love a loan! Love you guys! Return? Omg let’s goooooo! Even if a rotation option! 😮
Osi - A loan? Fuck off 

Who wants to be here? Fuck Osi

Just now, Pizy said:

It’s pretty insane that Trev hasn’t moved yet. Everyone seems to rate him but we haven’t heard a peep about a move since he was “exiled” weeks ago. I would’ve thought he’d be extremely easy to move since he’s young, English, and in a position every club is always scrambling for decent players.

yep, something is fishy

I see so many dregs flying out doors

but he is unsaleable?

I saw people encouraging and highlighting an angle where Chalobah has a right to legally stay here and essentially attack the club (rightfully so, the right people, justified attack), with I don’t know the FA is it maybe, to say hey, I’m going nowhere, and you can’t force me to, or mistreat me. Most players just move on but technically if within contract we have always known, a player can say No to every option. I wish Galladog did that but at the club they probably built a frame that if he stayed, he would be to blame for inability for the collective to move forward. They did that to me in school when I didn’t wear uniform, saying they’d cancel school trips for whole school. So I left lol