Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

you have to adjust for inflation

it is far less revelatory otherwise

for example (as I just did the maths a day or so ago)

Kepa at £75m in 2018 pounds sterling would be £96.3m in 2024 pounds sterling

True. Drogba & Essien were big money signings for their time. Especially the latter, I think.

Got our money's worth and more from their pair of them though.

Happy Lukaku is gone. I can remember how fuming I was about signing him. Closest to putting my foot through a screen I have ever got. Additionally, I noted at the time anyone who were either in support of the deal or even tried to reason it and had to remember to not take those people seriously when it comes to talent evaluation. 

Equally I also hope to see Kepa going. Another player that some tried to make out was OK, despite being a funsized GK with t-rex arms. Literally had to change my avatar to provide a visual aide to some that he was awful. Literally the level of a 3rd choice Madrid GK. 

this fucking scouse cunt is getting on my last nerve

Jamie Carragher predicts Man Utd will sign Chelsea star Cole Palmer in stunning transfer next season

https://metro.co.uk/2024/08/24/jamie-carragher-predicts-man-utd-will-sign-Chelsea-star-stunning-transfer-21480910/?ito=newsnow-feed

Where is Osimhen clownlake i think it was almost done from whole PR ? Mmm nah he want wage , he want team who be competitive and this is not Chelsea so yeah go and get another kid .

Edited by milka

🚨🚜 Armando Broja’s move to Ipswich Town from Chelsea could collapse as there are issues after formal steps in last 48h.

Unlikely to happen at this stage with all parties now exploring different solutions as @JacobSteinberg reports.

17 hours ago, Special Juan said:

About time someone stuck the middle finger up to Barcelona the self entitled pricks, who think they get everyone they go for.

Dead club

What bugs them the most is that, along with everybody else, they know that Madrid are top of the food chain, not them.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like we’re going to have to find a new destination for Broja. Move to Ipswich collapsed. Hopefully we can find a better permanent solution rather than a loan.

The only other links for Broja were Bundesliga sides and they are definitely not going to pay a high fee for him.  

26 minutes ago, mkh said:

🚨🚜 Armando Broja’s move to Ipswich Town from Chelsea could collapse as there are issues after formal steps in last 48h.

Unlikely to happen at this stage with all parties now exploring different solutions as @JacobSteinberg reports.

Also on SkySports, he may have failed his medical....

Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:

Sky Sports News understands the deal to take Chelsea forward Armando Broja to Ipswich is unlikely to happen at this stage.

There are reports it has broken down at the paperwork stage.

However, one source has told us his medical highlighted an issue.

As a result - as it stands - the deal has stalled.

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live-latest-updates-on-raheem-sterling-mikel-merino-manuel-ugarte-and-more?postid=8171050#liveblog-body

Everton could move for Armando Broja if they sell Beto or Neal Maupay. There is a serious prospect of his move to Ipswich collapsing over paperwork issues which are nothing to do with Chelsea. (via @JacobSteinberg)

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Unless Osimhen himself chooses Arse over us ( which sadly we couldn’t blame him for) I just don’t think we’re going to let them beat us to him. It’s way too important for us to get a leading #9 and he’d be a pure luxury signing for them. 

Again, if the player says he prefers Arse then move on and don’t fight for him. But if he’s happy to come to either I don’t see us getting outbid.

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Literally the level of a 3rd choice Madrid GK. 

Not sure if literally the 3rd choice Brighton GK is any improvement over it though. 

I can't see Kepa not going as he had pretty much manifested total lack of faith in this project (can understand him), haven't seen any news, so smells bit Saudi/Turkey/MLS move.

14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Such big names and amounts of money but not a single one worked out properly. Pulisic maybe, but still was available all the time and we lost lots of money with him. Rest all busted hard.

I'd say Morata has been the biggest hit on that list up to now. (I hope that's not just confirmation bias since I was positive about his recruitment.) The only name on that list about which I was, or should I say am, genuinely enthusiastic is Neto. We'll see how that turns out. 

The arrivals of Sheva, Nando, and Lukaku left me raging. Such obviously stupid decisions were hard to stomach. I was against signing Sterling and am against the recruitment of Felix, though the way I feel/felt about them is absolutely nothing compared to the way I saw those other three.

The others on that list I was neutral about.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

12 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

15 million is for 50% of his rights.  Such a weird deal. 
Porto can then buy another "30%" of his rights in the next 2 years for 10 million...

I didn't realise you could buy a percentage of player rights! 

We sometimes forget that the expression about 'buying' this or that player is just shorthand for buying the player's registration. As far as fifa is concerned that's what gets bought or sold and only one club can own it at a time. What's being spoken about here is just the 'economic rights' and those can be split up. For example when there is a sell on clause.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie