Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Jackson gets too much stick here, take penalties out of the equation, Jackson in his first season scored 14 goals, without penaltys, that's 2 less that isak, 1 more than Salah, 1 more than cole Palmer,4 more than Saka and only 6 less than Haaland, not a bad first season at all.

yup and on top of that he's a good player; as in he's not clueless with the football at his feet.

Not sure comparisons with wingers help his case tho, esp Salah and Cole, who are pretty dominant players scoring or not.

I'm not a fan of Isaak; while he can finish, he's just so freaking slow. Now in tight games, esp when we are chasing a goal, we may need a physical player who can attack headers in tight spaces and under pressure (from the opposition CBs), and Jackson isn't that player.

49 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Omorodion has one full LaLiga and one full Segunda Division season behind him, in which he apparently both excelled. Guiu has only played Spanish third tier football and like few dozens minutes of top level. If anyone goes out on loan it’s logically be Guiu.

Well it all depends. Does Samu have any technical ability or tactical ability? The biggest problem we've had with CF is going with physical skills and forgetting that unless a player has the correct skills they're going to flop hard. 

I will never forget having to tell people Lukaku was a Donkey and would be an absolute bust, but people weren't having it because he looked good in highlights and had decent stats in Italy. 

Jackson to be fair, actually started to show some good development last season, which is why a big defender of him when he fan base went after him. Guiu however, has shown that he has been able to do reasonably at all three so far so deserves a chance. Does Samu have enough technical/tactical skill as while I haven't seen him a lot of people are saying he is a bit of a lump which is a big concern for me. 

Edited by King Kante

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Well it all depends. Does Samu have any technical ability or tactical ability? The biggest problem we've had with CF is going with physical skills and forgetting that unless a player has the correct physical skills. 

I will never forget having to tell people Lukaku was a Donkey and would be an absolute bust, but people weren't having it because he looked good in highlights and had decent stats in Italy. 

Jackson to be fair, actually started to show some good development last season, which is why a big defender of him when he fan base went after him. Guiu however, has shown that he has been able to do reasonably at all three so far so deserves a chance. Does Samu have enough technical/tactical skill as while I haven't seen him a lot of people are saying he is a bit of a lump which is a big concern for me. 

Yup remember that as well; Lukaku was never good enough in his overall technique.
The PL has a history of overvaluing physicality esp power. That has changed over time, but old habits die hard. Wonder if the owners have a bias towards that as well.
I think City was the club that changed all that having skill on the ball above all else.

25 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Not sure comparisons with wingers help his case tho, esp Salah and Cole, who are pretty dominant players scoring or not

Salah cole and saka are the only players above Jackson from Thier clubs that out scores Jackson with penalties, not Liverpool arsenal or Chelsea have a better goal scorer this season than Jackson when u remove penalties, that's the point I was making.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Salah cole and saka are the only players above Jackson from Thier clubs that out scores Jackson with penalties, not Liverpool arsenal or Chelsea have a better goal scorer this season than Jackson when u remove penalties, that's the point I was making.

Understood. However, Jackson is the striker, a player whose focus is mainly to score goals. Of all players on the pitch he’s got the freer role and plays centralized: there are fewer opposition players between him and the goal.

Those wingers would have to do a lot more aside from scoring, so their focus is split… as is their work.

so, basically I’m suggesting based on the data you shared is that aside from haaland, there isn’t a striker in the league firing in all cylinders considering that the top wingers lead in goals scored.

i also hope Kai does not carry his end of the season form over to this one.

23 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Understood. However, Jackson is the striker, a player whose focus is mainly to score goals. Of all players on the pitch he’s got the freer role and plays centralized: there are fewer opposition players between him and the goal.

Those wingers would have to do a lot more aside from scoring, so their focus is split… as is their work.

so, basically I’m suggesting based on the data you shared is that aside from haaland, there isn’t a striker in the league firing in all cylinders considering that the top wingers lead in goals scored.

i also hope Kai does not carry his end of the season form over to this one.

Yes, but also Saka and Salah are considered monsters and Palmer has been hailed as the only reason we stayed up because of his goals, which is only half right only when you remove penalties out of the mix 

Btw, what in the hell happened to this Kellyman dude we signed for silly money from Villa? Felt like we announced him and then he fell off the face of the earth never to be seen or heard from again. Haven’t heard anything about a loan or what his role is if he stays with us.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Jackson gets too much stick here, take penalties out of the equation, Jackson in his first season scored 14 goals, without penaltys, that's 2 less that isak, 1 more than Salah, 1 more than cole Palmer,4 more than Saka and only 6 less than Haaland, not a bad first season at all.

As Magic Lamps says, big moments you cannot fully count on him being that clinical player. And at times when the game is going against you he tends to struggle with some of the more basic things you want your CF to do when your under pressure.

Young player who needs to learn his trade a bit more, should be a number 2 with a more established player to sort of guide/mentor him. As a number 1, not for me. Don’t expect this other bloke to be much better, if at all.

Relying on 3 young CFs as your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice for a club with ambitions of European football isn’t suitable. But the make up of the squad has the problem in virtually most positions. I think in 2 seasons we have pretty much seen this. We need to get some more established quality players to take the load and actually allow some of these guys to come out the firing line and maybe have a bit less pressure on making it as players of various qualities.

Still question marks around various players regarding quality irrespective and thats why some more proven and established guys would help us 10 fold. Nkunku will help and Sterling really should have been also but in goals, defence and still in attack barring Cole, the quality and whether or not these guys will ever be truly good enough as first choice for the level we want to get isn’t clear at all.

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yes, but also Saka and Salah are considered monsters and Palmer has been hailed as the only reason we stayed up because of his goals, which is only half right only when you remove penalties out of the mix 

Fair enough. 👍

BTW, I don't rate Saka that highly. He's an excellent winger, but Salah is a tier above, and Cole is posed to get there.

I just got done watching an extended 8 minute video of Omorodion and wish I hadn’t. 😔😔😔

He looked pretty awful aside from his physicality. He seriously does look like a young Lukaku. His touch and ability on the ball look extremely clumsy and limited. He may cause some problems for defenders merely due to his size and athleticism but I just don’t see the world class potential or talent which has made someone or multiple someone’s at our club obsessed with him.

Honestly I was more excited with us playing academy players under transfer ban, than during this "exciting" project of never-ending purchases and homeopathic presence of academy players in the squad and Sterling as most senior figure. I guess we will be top4 spenders this window again, yet I can't even name who came here as makes zero difference in quality anyway…

Edited by Vegetable

we sold gallagher for similar amounts to what we bought samu for and we're going to sell chalobah for less

we're talking about two players with years of first division experience and we're signing a player who doesn't even have that experience for 35M

explain to me the logic of this

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just got done watching an extended 8 minute video of Omorodion and wish I hadn’t. 😔😔😔

He looked pretty awful aside from his physicality. He seriously does look like a young Lukaku. His touch and ability on the ball look extremely clumsy and limited. He may cause some problems for defenders merely due to his size and athleticism but I just don’t see the world class potential or talent which has made someone or multiple someone’s at our club obsessed with him.

Watching his performance against Egypt a number of days ago, he was invisible (the entire squad except one are either playing in the domestic league or Gulf). I understand judging players in isolation isn't ideal, as it could have been an "off day." By the same token, he did nothing in a game he should have really dominated, and there's a reason he's rarely featured for Spain in their run to the final.

£35m is certainly better than the rumoured fees a few weeks ago. However, if you look at it this way - Gallagher in exchange for him. Is that good business? 

Right now, I know who I'd rather have.