Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I'd be surprised if Disasi will be a backup, and even if he is doubt Fofana is any better after those injuries, Chalobah probably sold and even if he stays he isn't nothing more than decent. Tosin remains to be seen how good he is.

All ifs at the moment.

Could easily say just as much they'll be playing Anthony and Hoijund in the same positions we'd be playing Palmer and Nkunku.

2 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea have inquired about Lens striker Elye Wahi, but they have not yet made an offer and want to know the price.

(@Tanziloic & @lequipe)

🙂↕️🙉

We’ve been scouting him from some time now. Seems like a very good finisher and less expensive then someone of similar ilk to Openda.

Edited by bluesman2610

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

We’ve been scouting him from some time now. Seems like a very good finisher and less expensive then someone of similar ilk Openda

Didn't we have an offer for him a season or two ago and nothing happened.

1 hour ago, mkh said:

Enzo Maresca has advised new Chelsea signing Marc Guiu to join Espanyol on loan for the season. (via @esport3)

Figure, but for 5 mill worth a stab. Who knows we can sell for 20 mill later down the road. 

Some people have extremely unrealistic expectations regarding (very) young players.

I mean, for the striker position, I can think of Rooney and Ronaldo #9 (in Italy) and that's about it for u20 strikers delivering from the get-go.

15 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Some people have extremely unrealistic expectations regarding (very) young players.

I mean, for the striker position, I can think of Rooney and Ronaldo #9 (in Italy) and that's about it for u20 strikers delivering from the get-go.

Haaland didn't do too bad.

Edited by LAM09

19 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Young players haven't gotten that opportunity to often because of the so called "big names" Jackson's young first season in the pl he got what 14 goals?  That's not as bad as some make out for there first season.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Mbappe did rather well for himself whilst at Monaco (17 IIRC).

I specifically mentioned striker, and you were very specific about what you want from strikers in a post earlier, but my point exactly: only the truly exceptional have delivered so young.

Strikers have a harder time avoiding contact than wingers for obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Young players haven't gotten that opportunity to often because of the so called "big names" Jackson's young first season in the pl he got what 14 goals?  That's not as bad as some make out for there first season.

I'm not talking about 22yo young here. I'm referring to Marc Guiu (18yo) and u20 strikers.

Edited by robsblubot

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I specifically mentioned striker, and you were very specific about what you want from strikers in a post earlier, but my point exactly: only the truly exceptional have delivered so young.

Strikers have a harder time avoiding contact than strikers for obvious reasons.

My post was edited for that specific reason.

Talking about the expectational - Estevao is supposedly in that bracket. Should we give him a few years to prove himself when he comes next season, or should we aim for figures akin to those of a certain player, Neymar (a stupid comparison, IMO)?

Edited by LAM09

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

My post was edited for that specific reason.

Talking about the expectational - Estevao is supposedly in that bracket. Should we give him a few years to prove himself when he comes next season, or should we aim for figures akin to those of a certain player, Neymar (a stupid comparison, IMO)?

Again, I'm talking about the Striker position (referring to expectations around Marc Guiu), which is the player who plays centralized and has to beat the opposition CBs. He has to be comfortable playing with his back to the opposition goal, which is a very specific skillset to be learned.

Estevao is not a striker either and his build suggests he may be better used elsewhere.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Again, I'm talking about the Striker position (referring to expectations around Marc Guiu), which is the player who plays centralized and has to beat the opposition CBs. He has to be comfortable playing with his back to the opposition goal, which is a very specific skillset to be learned.

Estevao is not a striker either and his build suggests he may be better used elsewhere.

Everyone, I believe, was expecting Guiu to be given a chance rather than being sent off as soon as possible (rumours at the moment).

These goalposts are difficult to follow. Can we only judge players above a certain age, or is it dependent on their position?

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Everyone, I believe, was expecting Guiu to be given a chance rather than being sent off as soon as possible (rumours at the moment).

These goalposts are difficult to follow. Can we only judge players above a certain age, or is it dependent on their position?

Are you serious here? You think a CB, a goalie, a striker, wingers require the same experience level? Physicality? really?! Any 18yo successful goalies you remember? Any 18yo CB for that matter?
Now wingers are a bit more common to see u20 aren't they? because they are not in the "contact zone" are not the "backbone" of a team.

I specifically listed only 2 strikers that I can remember who had success at the highest level u20... now if you are not interested in this discussion, I honestly don't know you replied. 🤷‍♂️

Duh Alexandre Pato was 18 too when he joined Milan.

Anyway, suppose Maresca and other coaches took one look at Marc in training and thought he needs more time. 🤷‍♂️