Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So we will basically go from 'LET'S PLAY THE YOUTH' to 'FUCK THE YOUTH! LET'S GO SPEND BIG!'.

Having competition in the squad is one thing but there is an argument to be made on over-stacking the squad and potentially hinder the progress of the young players instead. If you have invested in them, then trust them to do their best and improve. 

I think Lampard was in that situation and it only helped raised his game. 

I think someone posted an article about that where Lampard spoke about it. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Nonsense. There are good defenders out there. You just need to know where to look. 

And god knows how many times has Vesper drawn up a list of it!

It's not that there is no market for it, but I think better and cheaper deals can be had in the defensive areas. You only have to look at the reported values of the likes of Telles and Tagliafico compared to Chilwell. 

If one of the two former are available for £20-25m and half or a third of the Chilwell value, I don't see enough difference between the three to justify the differences in market value. 

If doing that would help us potentially fund a player who is one of the best young talents in world football, then we should be doing that. 

I guess it boils down to the sort of argument of which combination would you rather - Tagliafico and Havertz or Chilwell and Boga?

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah nowhere near world class like van dijk. 

As why I think there's no market for defenders at this moment. 

VVD is overrated as fuck as good as he is, sad that midget in napoli is such an asshole to deal with, I would love Kouli here, Ramagnoli is every good too, Skrinar etc.

4 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Simon Phillips is quite good with chelsea.

Much of what has been said about Frank and Cech convincing Werner erc has came from him I think (?)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware Phillips is a copy and paste journo. Don't think he has any links

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So we will basically go from 'LET'S PLAY THE YOUTH' to 'FUCK THE YOUTH! LET'S GO SPEND BIG!'.

Having competition in the squad is one thing but there is an argument to be made on over-stacking the squad and potentially hinder the progress of the young players instead. If you have invested in them, then trust them to do their best and improve. 

I don't think the squad would be over-stacked in that way, because I think if players leave it won't be the younger players. If Havertz was signed, I would expect Barkley to be the one to leave. Pedro and Willian also will likely be moving on too, and at times during this season we've looked thin on options with a couple of injuries. Lampard won't want to leave us in that position again.

It's also generally different with defenders (once Lampard works out his best defensive combination!) as you look to keep a lot of continuity there. But I think across the midfield and attack, it's much easier for players to get sufficient game time. Especially in the case of a number of the players we have or look to be bringing in attack who are versatile to play a number of different positions and formations.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think the squad would be over-stacked in that way, because I think if players leave it won't be the younger players. If Havertz was signed, I would expect Barkley to be the one to leave. Pedro and Willian also will likely be moving on too, and at times during this season we've looked thin on options with a couple of injuries. Lampard won't want to leave us in that position again.

It's still kinda stacked even if we sell Barkley. We would have Pulisic, Werner, Mount, Ziyech, CHO as options for the LW, CAM, RW (Werner could play as the second ST). Having 5 players for 3 positions is just fine. But 6 and another high profile like Havertz? That is overkilled.

lol Simon Phillips is just a wannabe journalist.
That Cech/Lampard/Werner story came from Matt Law...
Are we thinking of the same guy? There's two on Twitter with basically the same name but one has been a football journalist since the early 2000's.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Loving the look the squad could take but back line still looks suspect. I don't dislike any of them, reckon zouma and Emerson can go but the others is be happy with. We definitely need a top CB though. Just someone that will calm the rest around him. Ain't had that in years

5 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Are we thinking of the same guy? There's two on Twitter with basically the same name but one has been a football journalist since the early 2000's.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simon Johnson are you thinking of? He's not bad