Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard will need a way to keep CHO and Pulisic happy the way Pep keeps B.Silva and Mahrez happy. 

That's assuming they will be demoted to 2nd choices, which I doubt. It'll come down to form, performances and competition for places.

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We have so much crazy potential in our midfield. RLC, Billy, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley and Kante. If we Start playing with a two men midfield, we need to sell 3 out of those guys. I just hope that Lamps does not fuck it up. Just stick with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

The midfield is just stupidly bloated at this point. 1-2 need to be sold!

The midfield is just stupidly bloated at this point. 1-2 need to be sold!
If Lamps wants to have a three man midfield, 1 should leave and that is Barkley.
If Lamps wants to play with 2 CM, three need to get sold or those players start moaning again

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

How about playing with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as the front trio and Loftus-Cheek just behind them. RLC can offer plenty of aerial threat and linkup the play
Could work out and Ruben has shown to score with the head. But I would have preferred Tammy and RLC because of their height together.
Maybe using Werner as a left winger.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Lamps wants to have a three man midfield, 1 should leave and that is Barkley.
If Lamps wants to play with 2 CM, three need to get sold or those players start moaning again

I just realized you left out Jorginho there. Was that intentional? :lol: Plus him and Gallagher, we would have 8 (EIGHT!) players for 2 or 3 midfield positions. That 8 needs to be cut down to 5.

I just realized you left out Jorginho there. Was that intentional? [emoji38] Plus him and Gallagher, we would have 8 (EIGHT!) players for 2 or 3 midfield positions. That 8 needs to be cut down to 5.

Actually, I just forgot him lol. As far as I know, Gallagher will be loaned out again, but next time in Pl. This are the latest reports.

I prefer having 6 players for 3 positions, especially considering RLC and Kante are injured all the time. 5 would be a little bit too low.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm inclined to agree with you because I believe consistent selection is vital to helping players form understanding and cohesion but on the other hand, Guardiola rotates a lot at Man City with the players and/or players' position and seems able to make it work. In our case, just think Lampard needs to be careful and not overdo it. 

Yes its all about balance. For me Pep rotates absolutely too much and then City doesnt have a standard 11 that would be ready for big games. Thats why they always crash in CL or big games in PL. But its perfect to demolish small teams because players are always fresh and Mahrez/Bernardo/Sane (or any other positoon) posses enough quality to beat those. When they face big team however, that individuality isnt enough and given they rotate too much, they dont have top chemistry like Pool does who keeps standard 11 for basicaly every match when fit.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Actually, I just forgot him lol. As far as I know, Gallagher will be loaned out again, but next time in Pl. This are the latest reports.

I prefer having 6 players for 3 positions, especially considering RLC and Kante are injured all the time. 5 would be a little bit too low.

I think Gallagher will be loaned out simply because of the number of players we currently have in midfield. 6 would still be okay, I guess.

35 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

How about playing with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as the front trio and Loftus-Cheek just behind them. RLC can offer plenty of aerial threat and linkup the play

I can't see Ruben being a regular starter under Lamps, as much as he's greatly improved he just doesn't have the stamina, off ball tactical astuteness (for pressing and cutting passing lanes) and intensity Frank demands.

So I just read why he chose us. He wanted the Pool move and it was more or less agreed. Klopp said to him that he will sit on the bench and when Africa cup comes, he will be the main man.Now with Covid, Africa Cup will not happen and that is why Pool decided against him. They did not want to pay 60 mio. for a player that will sit on the bench. Klopp told him that and Chelsea came in and bought him.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes its all about balance. For me Pep rotates absolutely too much and then City doesnt have a standard 11 that would be ready for big games. Thats why they always crash in CL or big games in PL. But its perfect to demolish small teams because players are always fresh and Mahrez/Bernardo/Sane (or any other positoon) posses enough quality to beat those. When they face big team however, that individuality isnt enough and given they rotate too much, they dont have top chemistry like Pool does who keeps standard 11 for basicaly every match when fit.

In regards to the Champions League, yeah, Guardiola likes to overthink things for whatever reason and throws out weird systems/formations. But domestically, he made it work when Man City steamrolled their way past everyone for the last 2 seasons. 

I do think Lampard needs to make sure he has our style of play (e.g. tiki taka) nailed down first and foremost (which we already kinda do but he needs to be 10000% certain about it) and from there, can work around 2-3 different systems to make that style of play effective and successful. If he starts changing our style of play from one game to another, then we are gonna have PROBLEMS.

I can't see Ruben being a regular starter under Lamps, as much as he's greatly improved he just doesn't have the stamina, off ball tactical astuteness (for pressing and cutting passing lanes) and intensity Frank demands.
I see him as a starter and after playing 70 minutes, Mount will come on. RLC scores and assists too much and his dribblings and his amazing runs can destroy every team. There is a reason why he was our second best player last season

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I see him as a starter and after playing 70 minutes, Mount will come on. RLC scores and assists too much and his dribblings and his amazing runs can destroy every team. There is a reason why he was our second best player last season

Not saying Loftus-Cheek wasn't good last season but part of the reason he was good because we were playing some shit football under Sarri. That is why it was refreshing when we saw Hazard, CHO or Loftus-Cheek be direct and take players on, rather than engage in all the senseless passing nonsense. Given we play much differently now, it will be interesting to see how he fares. 

As much as the prospect of signing Havertz or Sancho is exciting, getting one of them at this point will be overkilled. We already have so many attacking players. How are we gonna fit them all in and keep them happy, even with the competition for places?!