Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So it’s all on Caicedo then. Need to hope a Spanish speaking manager and some of our Spanish speaking players (including a couple of his former teammates!) can convince him tonight.

let cucurella talk to him, convice him, and sell him after we secure caicedo.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So it’s all on Caicedo then. Need to hope a Spanish speaking manager and some of our Spanish speaking players (including a couple of his former teammates!) can convince him tonight.

Finally some use of Cucurella. 

Some people are getting so hard into it it reminds me of the Raphinia saga like he was our long awaited one and only saviour 😂 I wouldn't put much "incompetence" on the board in this instance - it's quite clear those negotiations are ridiculously long because that's the tactic for them. Contrary to people thinking we are desperate to get him at all costs, I think the board's stance is rather "get him if the price is within our valuation", otherwise we'll do away with what we have for now, just like it was with Kepa.

Like nah, seriously, we don't need no Cucurella to "convince" the guy. If he isn't convinced to come here already, no problem, let him be a slave for Brighton, he ain't no Mbappe.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Not surprised if does end up this way..it's mostly the same thing..we have a target faff around for ages and bam off they go somewhere else..

See what occurs but wouldn't surprise me...

if we lose him you can add him (and perhaps Kudus, Mamardashvili, and Lavia as well) to list of super to big big fails (we had and lost or failed to close the deals on or failed to sign early on or just fucked off on) since 2010

this list makes me weep (no other club has this level of fail over these years, not even close)

remember some of these were before they blew up to £100m players 

Erling Haaland  (this is the only one on here that is a bit harsh, as the deal was so expensive)
Kylian Mbappé (didn't sign him after trial)
Jude Bellingham (Birmingham days)
Victor Osimhen (Lille days)
Jamal Musiala (not the strongest case, BUT we should have trued much harder to keep him)
Eduardo Camavinga  
Aurélien Tchouaméni    
Declan Rice (youth release)
Bernardo Silva (instead we fucked off with donkey Baka off that team)
Josko Gvardiol 
Frenkie de Jong  
Nicolò Barella  (Cagliari days especially)
Bruno Guimarães (CAP days)
Kevin De Bruyne  (no buyback, insane)
Nuno Mendes  
Achraf Hakimi 
Leroy Sané  (twice, Schalke days and then when Citeh sold him)
Marquinhos
Mohamed Salah  
Ousmane Dembélé
Manuel Ugarte 
Milan Skriniar
Thibaut Courtois   (NEVER loan a player for multiple years to the same big club!)  
Álisson   (Roma days)
Jan Oblak  (sigh, this yielded Kepa)
Leonardo Spinazzola (pre injury)
Luka Modric   
Alex Sandro (the ultimate 'Italians leading Marina around like a pet dog on a leash' job, FUCK JUVE)
Edin Džeko (VfL Wolfsburg days)
Radja Nainggolan  (Cagliari days)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

this list makes me weep

Quite a big chunk of them I don't remember even being seriously considered by the club, but at least some I remember quite clearly stated they want to go somewhere else, so not much was to be done there…

"awaiting the bid" 😂 We should go cheeky and just lower ours now, shame real business doesn't really work like that.

But pausing the long-standing negotiations like that is spit in out face number 2378246. Let's not forget there is a few million extra in Sanchez fee, so we are slowly getting to Enzo's price here.

Factor in all the "extra" in Cucu and Potter fees and we are easily paying Mbpape money for the guy lol.

Edited by Vegetable

58 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

None of the 100m MFers today are worth 100m.

I would not lose my mind if we dropped £100m on any of these 10 (blame the market)

Jude Bellingham
Jamal Musiala
Pedri  
Federico Valverde  
Gavi   
Rodri  (last year for him as next summer he is 28 and DMFs, with few exceptions age poorly after 30yo)
Martin Ødegaard 
Eduardo Camavinga  
Aurélien Tchouaméni   
Bruno Guimarães  

(and a few years back add in de Bruyne (obviously, he is likely the best player over his career on this list) and Kimmich, as Kimmich turns 29yo in a few months)

plus Enzo