Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

He def cant get off the hook....

It seems like he has. He's the only one who's had the increase in responsibility with Emenalo leaving.

He isn't the one holding the kit next to the new transfer so I suppose that's why...

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It seems like he has. He's the only one who's had the increase in responsibility with Emenalo leaving.

He isn't the one holding the kit next to the new transfer so I suppose that's why...

I said it last season that he needs a deep looking at

56 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Fifa dream squadf37b028d3f661ddfff130c959f88da5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A few corrections:

1. Pulisic is better on the Left Wing, while CHO is better on the Right Wing

2. While Havertz is capable to playing for several positions, his best form has always come as a False 9 and No. 10.

3. Kante isn't suit as a lone DM. His best form has always come when he is the more advanced player in a two with the freedom to roam and engage in duels in different portions of the pitch. Making him sit deeper in front of the back four would takes away his best attribute.

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

A few corrections:

1. Pulisic is better on the Left Wing, while CHO is better on the Right Wing

2. While Havertz is capable to playing for several positions, his best form has always come as a False 9 and No. 10.

3. Kante isn't suit as a lone DM. His best form has always come when he is the more advanced player in a two with the freedom to roam and engage in duels in different portions of the pitch. Making him sit deeper in front of the back four would takes away his best attribute.

If we are cherry picking he also changed preferable side for every CB.

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we are cherry picking he also changed preferable side for every CB.

You're right, he put Tomori, Christensen, and Gabriel on the wrong side. Rudiger though i remember once said he preferred LCB than RCB.

According to Simon Johnson from Alex Goldberg"s Podcast:

Frank's main priority is adding goals to the team, and it sounded like he wants more from midfield particularly. He would ideally like to play with a classic holding midfielder and two advanced midfielders between the lines (sounded comparable to Man City). Generally expect Ziyech to play as 10 or AM, but Frank might even want someone else who can play as a shadow striker (Havertz interest is real, but Johnson says it's unlikely due to pandemic).

Says back 3 systems aren't the way Frank wants to go, mostly used to accommodate Alonso.

CB: Frank would ideally like a dominant CB who brings leadership and pulls everyone else along. Would especially like a left-footed defenders for the left CB slot. Think a Van Dijk type signing.

LB: Frank doesn't rate Emerson or Alonso, the clear main target is Chilwell but Telles came up as a more economic alternative, especially because pandemic and Leicester's valuation of Chilwell. Maatsen is rated very highly and is actually being considered as a LB backup option if both Emerson and Alonso leave.

Striker: Frank wants someone with a presence, someone a bit like Tammy but also more rounded. Tammy situation is a bit complicated as he's apparently waiting to see what Chelsea do before signing a new contract. If we bring someone like Aubameyang (says it's unlikely) he'd be a starter and Tammy would be unhappy. Dembele is the name Johnson hears most often, but other younger options also considered, including someone Johnson hasn't heard reported so much and can't mention himself. Sounded like the club aren't completely sure what to do about the position yet - should Tammy be a starter, have serious competition, or should they bring a starter.

Sancho: Sancho interest is real and will be a target again next summer most likely. Dortmund won't sell now, they want a bidding war after the Euros. CL football will be a big factor in how seriously we can appeal to him.

Jorginho & Kanté: Frank likes both, but club may be tempted if a good offer for Jorginho came in from Juventus. They're aware that a chance like that may never come again to make good money on him, and with Gilmour coming through there's a similar, highly promising player to potentially take the spot.

On 24/05/2020 at 2:08 PM, Blues Forever said:

(Havertz interest is real, but Johnson says it's unlikely due to pandemic).

CB:

Frank would ideally like a dominant CB who brings leadership and pulls everyone else along. Would especially like a left-footed defenders for the left CB slot.

, the clear main target is Chilwell but Telles came up as a more economic alternative, especially because pandemic and Leicester's valuation of Chilwell. Maatsen is rated very highly and is actually being considered as a LB backup option if both Emerson and Alonso leave.

Dembele is the name Johnson hears most often, but other younger options also considered, including someone Johnson hasn't heard reported so much and can't mention himself.

Sancho interest is real and will be a target again next summer most likely. Dortmund won't sell now, they want a bidding war after the Euros

1. Havertz will never be cheaper until he is in his 30's. It is crazy to wait if we want him. I already showed with a complete accounting how we could buy BOTH Sancho AND Havertz plus others for a net zero spend, so IF you remove Sancho from the buying , we sure as hell have the cash.

2. Here are the only Left-Footed CB's who are remotely up to a level worth considering

Lucas Hernández (Bayern will never sell him now)

Alessio Romagnoli (the cunt  Mino Raiola as his agent makes this shit hard, but he is the perfect buy otherwise)

Gabriel Magalhães buy him now, IMHO, if we cannot get Romagnoli

Clément Lenglet (Barca will not sell I think)

Mohammed Salisu -  Real Valladolid,  young, tall 1.91m, very pacey, good on the ball, very, very large upside, we should be scouting him, number 3 on my list for left footed CB target,all things considered

Pau Torres - Villarreal, 23yo, tall 1.91m, good on the ball, large upside, we should be scouting him

Presnel Kimpembe (I doubt PSG will sell him)

Alessandro Bastoni (worth looking at,, 21yo, 1.90m, but Inter probably will not sell)

Benoît Badiashile (too young atm to come right in I think, just turned 19yo, but is huge (1.94m) and we have scouted him), Monaco is friendly team for us

Dan-Axel Zagadou (even bigger at 1.96m, not sure if he is that good on the ball atm, and is not the paciest, 21yo)

Samuel Umtiti (has collapse in quality of play ever since he was superb at the WC, no clue what is wrong with him, massive enigma)

3. Just bloody buy Telles and sell Emerson IF we are not going to do a swap (Alex Sandro for Emerson) The money difference between the 2 deals is fairly small, as PSG only offered £17.9m for Telles, £20m would take him, which is what approximately we would get for Emerson from Juve or Inter. Hell, swap Emerson for Alex Sandro, sell Alonso to Inter and buy Telles. All that would cost £5m or so max net. Sandro is a month younger than Alonso, so age-wise it doesn't matter.

4. I think the CF he is talking about would be one of the following 

Myron Boadu - AZ Alkmaar (Raiola is his agent though) 19 yo, 20 goals, 13  assists in 3/4ers of a season

Victor Osimhen not really one who has NOT been linked with us though, he has been a tonne

Donyell Malen  PSV Eindhoven (that fucker Raiola gain though) 17 goals, 9 assists in half a seasons minutes, 21yo

Marcus Thuram  Borussia Mönchengladbach 22yo, but, guess who is his agent? MINO RAIOLA, ffs

Odsonne Edouard - Celtic he fits the criteria, not many links, young, is an all-rounder, 27 goals, 19 assists

Dominic Calvert-Lewin , sigh, I can but dream, he would be PERFECT for us, other than Werner, my number 1 target, but his price will be madness

Alfredo Morelos - Rangers, but he is a mental fucker, not sure how he would do in the EPL either, 29 goals, 10 assists

Josh Maja Bordeaux   21yo, we were liked once, months gao, deffo not a starting quality striker atm

Luca Waldschmidt - SC Freiburg  just turned 24, I aw we were scouting him, I am not sold he is top quality

Ollie Watkins Brentford, 24yo, massive in the Championship so far (22 goals), but not sure if he is EPL star quality

Alexander Isak  Real Sociedad  20yo, similar to Tammy, Swedish, came from my team here, AIK,, 14 goals in only 1500 minutes, not sure he is ready for the EPL yet at all

Luka Jovic, probably not, but a loan with an option might work

Fedor Chalov , we were linked, not sold on him at all, who knows

Aleksandar Mitrovic  25yo, 26 in a few months, so not really 'young'

5. I have zero clue what is going to happen with Sancho, my nightmare is he ends up at Manure

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

I said it a while when the news that Newcastle were being brought was good news for us as a player like Dross Barkley is the type of signing that they will likely target i.e. English player who is hyped that they think the natives will like. 

According to Bild in Germany, Dortmund are preparing to have the forward with them again next season, but they would be willling to listen to offers of £89million.

Bild's Christian Falk, speaking to LFC Transfer Room said: "It’s clear to me that English fans highly rate Jadon Sancho.

"No one at Dortmund I spoke to thinks he will be sold this summer, but if an offer comes in over 100 million euros, his transfer will be considered.

"The fact is Sancho excites the Premier League, and he will continue to maintain their interest in him through 2021."

1x1.pngAnd Chelsea were given a boost in that Liverpool have not registered an interest.

Falk added: "So far we have no sign that Liverpool has ever had interest in Jadon Sancho, and if Jurgen Klopp really wanted to sign him, Dortmund would have already known that – Klopp would never try and bring a player from BVB without first contacting the German side."

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

According to Bild in Germany, Dortmund are preparing to have the forward with them again next season, but they would be willling to listen to offers of £89million.

Bild's Christian Falk, speaking to LFC Transfer Room said: "It’s clear to me that English fans highly rate Jadon Sancho.

"No one at Dortmund I spoke to thinks he will be sold this summer, but if an offer comes in over 100 million euros, his transfer will be considered.

"The fact is Sancho excites the Premier League, and he will continue to maintain their interest in him through 2021."

1x1.pngAnd Chelsea were given a boost in that Liverpool have not registered an interest.

Falk added: "So far we have no sign that Liverpool has ever had interest in Jadon Sancho, and if Jurgen Klopp really wanted to sign him, Dortmund would have already known that – Klopp would never try and bring a player from BVB without first contacting the German side."

yep

£89m Sancho

£80m Havertz

£169m total

in my long 'how we can afford BOTH Sancho and Havertz even in COVID times and even getting very, very poor returns for our dregs (and this with NOT even adding in a Jorginho sale at all ) PLUS buy BOTH Gabriel AND Upamecano plus upgrade at LB all for zero net, or near zero net spend INCLUDING the cost of Ziyech' post

I said £170m total cost for both Sancho and Havertz

jus sayin'

the 25 man roster I ended with:

Chelsea: Armando Broja is a better option than Joshua King

https://theprideoflondon.com/2020/05/25/chelsea-armando-broja-better-option-joshua-king/

Joshua King is rumored to be drawing interest from some of the Premier League’s elites, but Chelsea has a group just as talented.

King is reportedly getting looks from some of the best clubs in England’s top flight. The Blues and Frank Lampard are supposedly interested, but the question is: why?

King’s managed nearly 50 goals in the Premier League since the 2015/16 season, but has failed to live up to expectations this season. Teams like Manchester United—who were desperate for a second-choice striker in January—showed interest in King because of his descending value, but Bournemouth didn’t budge. With the Cherries fighting to stay alive in the Premier League, it’s likely he gets sold after this year and stays in the top flight. However, a move to Chelsea doesn’t make much sense.

Chelsea brought another striker through the academy this season in Armando Broja. Broja made his Premier League and first team debut in the Blues’ 4-0 win over Everton before the league-wide stoppage. He’s not got a ton of experience, but the 18-year-old is clinical in front of goal. In the 32 matches he’s played on all levels—mostly U18 and U23—Broja has managed 19 goals and five assists.

The Albanian youth international is amongst the next wave of academy players looking to break into Chelsea’s first team. With Broja knocking on the door and Olivier Giroud signing a one-year extension at Stamford Bridge, there is hardly room for King behind Tammy Abraham.

King is a clinical forward who works better in a two-striker system—a formation in which Chelsea seldom plays. The 28-year-old brings years of experience to the squad and will provide goals off the bench, but the Blues already have Giroud, who offers exactly that. As Michy Batshuayi nears a likely move away from west London, Chelsea needs a third striker for the first team and Broja should be that guy. He’ll get at least a year of learning under Abraham and Giroud under his belt, furthering his development.

The 10-year difference between Broja and King is notable, but so is the transfer fee. Broja provides a free option for Chelsea’s striking force whereas King would take money away from other targets on the market. Look no further than the Blues using Jamie Cumming as a third-choice keeper this season as a precedent for how they should approach the striker conundrum in the coming months.

If Chelsea is going to spend money on a striker in the summer, it better be a versatile player who contends for a starting spot. If not, there are few players out there better suited for a third-choice striker role than the Blues’ own Broja.