Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This is making my day. I was really concerned Brighton would try to fleece us. This looks is looking very reasonable if true.

Sadly not a reliable source whatsoever

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Anyone else wouldn't mind keeping Ampadu? Emergency DM?

Enzo

Caicedo

Santos

Ampadu

I have said on a number of occasions that I think Ethan had a bit of talent to be a squad player. Unfortunately, I haven't seen enough of him in the past few years to say whether that is still true as when I said this I was still basing off him being in what I call 'prospect years', rather than now. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Me, I'm sorry to say. I don't believe in Ethan at all.

Interesting. I think me and you typically align, with our views on players. On this occasion, you may be right. However, I still don't mind having Ethan as a squad player - no fee, reasonable wages rather than spaff £35m+ on Bakayoko etc. 

On a secondary note, in a previous post you mentioned you used to post on CFCNET. That was where I used to post most of the time between 05-18. What username did you have, out of interest? I was Sebcfc/Conte Kante/King Kante. 

Edited by King Kante

César Azpilicueta to Atlético Madrid, here we go! Agreement in place over two year contract. Azpi will sign until June 2025  #Atlético Chelsea will let him leave as free agent, matter of respect for former captain.

Fz5OtaVXsAAM0kJ?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, milka said:

César Azpilicueta to Atlético Madrid, here we go! Agreement in place over two year contract. Azpi will sign until June 2025  #Atlético Chelsea will let him leave as free agent, matter of respect for former captain.

Best of luck captain.

11 minutes ago, milka said:

What happened there? He was Inter bound last I heard.

It's been a busy day: a striker in the door, our captain seemingly on the move to join Atletico out of nowhere, and the biggest surprise of all, an Italian side buying a player outright from us; I didn't think that was allowed.

Hoe\ping first thing Monday morning I wake up to a Ornstein or Fabrizio tweet saying we’ve reached an agreement for Caicedo. No more fucking around now that the vast majority of our deadwood are officially gone. Don’t give time for any our rivals to suddenly decide that they’ll push for him.

Get him in and quickly move on to another midfielder.

Doing this big overhaul is perfect. Rip the band aid off and focus on getting better. The signings and targets have all been great quality and starting off right with a proper plan will have us on the road to longer and more sustainable success. 

This method will actually allow us to slot players in down the road that just fit. Instead of feeling like we need so many changes all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hoe\ping first thing Monday morning I wake up to a Ornstein or Fabrizio tweet saying we’ve reached an agreement for Caicedo. No more fucking around now that the vast majority of our deadwood are officially gone. Don’t give time for any our rivals to suddenly decide that they’ll push for him.

Get him in and quickly move on to another midfielder.

I want him in (or another top CM) for the preseason bootcamp. Team bonding and building experience as much as anything. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

I have said on a number of occasions that I think Ethan had a bit of talent to be a squad player. Unfortunately, I haven't seen enough of him in the past few years to say whether that is still true as when I said this I was still basing off him being in what I call 'prospect years', rather than now. 

Interesting. I think me and you typically align, with our views on players. On this occasion, you may be right. However, I still don't mind having Ethan as a squad player - no fee, reasonable wages rather than spaff £35m+ on Bakayoko etc. 

On a secondary note, in a previous post you mentioned you used to post on CFCNET. That was where I used to post most of the time between 05-18. What username did you have, out of interest? I was Sebcfc/Conte Kante/King Kante. 

Bridgejunky

On 29/06/2023 at 18:38, Tomo said:

You've literally just proved the point you've been arguing against (about Boehly's decision making influence being severely reduced at best).

Indeed they did. The quality of rational, cogent, logical thought and discernment has taken a dive here as of late from certain corners and eddy pools.